Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

please stop calling our offense number 2...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When the NFL ranks total offense and total defense, they do it by yardage.

It's true that yardage isn't the most important, but that's how teams are ranked. With that being the case, we were technically the 2nd best offense in the league.

I agree that points matter more, but if you're wondering why people refer to the offense as being #2 in the league, that's why.
    2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
      here's another fact that many here will pee all over lol

the chargers were 34 points away from going 16-0 lol

that's downright scary, and without merriman, and a Defense that was horrible for more than half the season
      lol talk about taking a stat and running with it.

No, the chargers were not 34 points away from going 16-0, they were 8 games away from going 16-0 (just like the Broncos). You can say they were 34 points away from scoring more points than yielding, but that's a pointless stat considering you could win a couple games by a 100 point margins to only go 2-14.

me smart, me an charger fan
      http://timtebowtime.blogspot.com/

Comment

Haha- and I thought this thread was because #2 is a bad reference

What our offense accomplished was amazing considering the one-dimensionality that we were often forced into because of our defense and our reliably injured RB situation.

It's a tribute to Jay, the O-Line and the receivers...and it would have been even better sans so many drops all season long.

So not as many points...fine but there could have been more with better field position or versatility than the D gave us...
        Go Broncos, make me keep believing this year

Comment

Originally posted by Chicago-Broncofreak View Post
          Haha- and I thought this thread was because #2 is a bad reference

What our offense accomplished was amazing considering the one-dimensionality that we were often forced into because of our defense and our reliably injured RB situation.

It's a tribute to Jay, the O-Line and the receivers...and it would have been even better sans so many drops all season long.

So not as many points...fine but there could have been more with better field position or versatility than the D gave us...
          voices of reason do exist on this board!
          http://timtebowtime.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by bronx is burnin View Post
            ok im so sick and tired of reading all these dam threads that say mcd is tearing apart our NUMBER 2 offense because we were NOT NUMBER 2 in the league i will say in YARDS we were number 2 but wth do yards mean? NOTHING absolutely NOTHING we were number 16 in the league in SCORING which is the only stat that matters(outside of wins and losses) thank you :salute!:
            Yet there were many offensive team records broken by Jay Cutler this last season, so its a start.
            The Valiant History of the AFC West (Except for the Chargers):

Denver Broncos: 2x World Champions. 6x AFC Champions. Overall Record: (.532)
            Oakland Raiders: 3x World Champions. 5x AFC Champions. Overall Record: (.590)
            Kansas City Chiefs: 1x World Champions. 2x AFC Champions. Overall Record: (.528)
            San Diego Chargers: NEVER BEEN WORLD CHAMPIONS. 1x AFC Champions. Overall Record: (.493)
            sigpic

Comment

If we had a running game we would have put up more points because we would have been able to run inside the 5. But since our backs, besides Hillis and Pittman, were complete garabge when it came to giving a hit and staying on their feet, we had to throw to score points.
              sigpic

Supporter of COLORADO sports teams. :

Comment

"If" they had a better running game. "If" they had a better defense. Are all the excuses a result of little leagues that give everyone trophies and don't keep score? The 2008 NFL season is over and we won't get a do-over because the RB's all got hurt and the defense was simply offensive.

Clearly there were bright spots on offense last season but I hope like hell nobody here is satisfied. Regardless of rankings there's still plenty of room for improvement. As I watched last season I was horrified or mystified nearly as often as I was thrilled. That's what leads to an 8-8 season and nothing to watch in January. I personally couldn't care less about league rankings in anything but wins.
                \

Comment

Working...
                X