Lamont Jordan agrees to 2 yr deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
    you do realize the raiders have one of the best backfields in the NFL. Michael Bush, Justin Fargas, and Darren McFadded. i honestly cant think of a better backfield:...too bad the raiders o-line sux and they cant take advantage of it

jordan is quality depth, and will do just fine in a RBBC, not to mention he already knows McD's offense
    How's it the best backfield in football if they are still winning like 4-5 games a year? They might have the best backfield on paper, but those guys aren't producing for anything. None of them had a 1000 yard season, and two of those guys (Bush and McFadden) didn't even break 500 yards. Between all three, they had EIGHT rushing TDs. There are guys on other teams that nearly equalled the performance of all three combined.

LOL, LT, who had a poor season for his standards, had more TDs than all three guys put together. Heck, the top 5 rushers in the NFL last year all had more TDs than all three put together.
    Last edited by floridabroncos; 03-04-2009, 09:06 AM.
    Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

Haha, i needed a good laugh:salute!:
      Hall and Young will be very lucky to make it out of training camp.

I think Buckhalter will be listed as a starter, but the guys 1-3 on the depth chart will get fairly equal carries

i agree about hillis though, i hope he gets 5-10 touches a game wherever he lines up (HB, FB, H-back)
      Sadly, I was not joking. To me, it remains to be seen if Buckhalter will do better than Hall and Young. I am not 100% sure.
      sigpic

Comment

http://www.kdvr.com/sports/kdvr-bron...,4755299.story

Hasn't been offically signed. They agreed to the terms of a 2 year deal.
        [/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by floridabroncos View Post
          None of them had a 1000 yard season
          Fargas ran for 1009 yards in 2007. But he does not score enough TDs, that's true. In 222 carries, he scored 4 TDs and suffered 3 fumbles. Look at Hillis, for example. In 68 carries, he scored 5 TDs and suffered zero fumbles (the one against Oakland was correctly credited to Cutler). McFadden failed to meet expectations, but he will probably play better in 2009. Michael Bush has potential but he will hardly get 100 carries per season with Fargas and McFadden on the roster. Remember when San Diego had a healthy Tomlinson, Turner and Sproles? That was a damn good trio.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 24TheCHAMP24 View Post
            He will play!!!! Just as a fullback, 4-7 carry a game rb, TE, Hback, all hands team which is where he belongs. Not as 20 carry a game rb
            I was just kidding. Hillis can beat anyone on the roster for the starting RB job.
            sigpic

Comment

Jordan is a good back,I think he'll do good here. He may win the starting job.

Comment

I kno alot of guys here has a huge man crush on torain.. i thought he looked good too in the ONE game..but yea hes like glass.. even if he got healthy and was our best RB how many touches u think hell have...
                sigpicremember...."we are the BRONCOS"

Comment

Originally posted by dluvan View Post
                  I kno alot of guys here has a huge man crush on torain.. i thought he looked good too in the ONE game..but yea hes like glass.. even if he got healthy and was our best RB how many touches u think hell have...
                  Torain is the real deal. No man cush - I didn't get to see the game where he played 1/2 half. But I talked to one of his college coaches, whom I respect, and he said Torain is flat out good.

It is, however, wishful thinking that he stays healthy and can actually play.

Comment

Originally posted by trenchwar08 View Post
                    Torain is the real deal. No man cush - I didn't get to see the game where he played 1/2 half. But I talked to one of his college coaches, whom I respect, and he said Torain is flat out good.

Torain may not be the real deal, but LJ has had a chance to flourish, being THE guy at one time or another for three different teams and had only one good season, when he was the only guy carrying the load for the Raiders.
                    Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

you do realize the raiders have one of the best backfields in the NFL. Michael Bush, Justin Fargas, and Darren McFadded. i honestly cant think of a better backfield:...too bad the raiders o-line sux and they cant take advantage of it

jordan is quality depth, and will do just fine in a RBBC, not to mention he already knows McD's offense
                      No comment on the Raider stuff.

But Lamont Jordan is a tough, hard-working, no quit back. He will be an asset if he makes the cut and stays with the team.

(The running back stable is filling up. Wondering where Young will fit in.)

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                        Our best RBs right now are Hillis, Hall and Young.
                        How does Selvin even qualify as our "BEST" back? you scored the whopper of the day with that one :doh:

Comment

Originally posted by floridabroncos View Post
                          Torain may not be the real deal, but LJ has had a chance to flourish, being THE guy at one time or another for three different teams and had only one good season, when he was the only guy carrying the load for the Raiders.
                          Agreed about LJ.

Comment

Originally posted by trenchwar08 View Post

thats definitely a man crush. Torain has a lot to prove if he expects to make the final roster, granted the "Gingerbread Man" makes it out of camp un-scathed this year.

Comment

If the JJ Arrington deal did indeed go through, our three best backs are Hillis, Buckhalter, and Arrington. Haven't heard yea or nay on Arrington so I suspect that deal fell through. I have no confidence in Young, little confidence in Hall, and Torain is a huge question mark at this point.

Comment

Lamont Jordan...ReallY?

Denver DID sign Lamont Jordan!! I get a txt message from ESPN on every transaction in the NFL before the stories are posted online. I don't like the move!!

Comment

Working...
                                X