Lamont Jordan agrees to 2 yr deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
    I like it. In fact, I like the overhaul at the RB position so far.

:wave: Hall :wave: Young

i'm not sure we've upgraded our backfield....seems like the same players just with different names....and they cost more....i hope i'm wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Apoc13 View Post
      i'm not sure we've upgraded our backfield....seems like the same players just with different names....and they cost more....i hope i'm wrong
      My father-in-law is a Eagles fan so I saw plenty of Buckhalter last year, and he played extremely well when Westbrook had to sit for injuries. He's not a "The Man" back by any means, but in a RBBC system, he's going to do good things.
      Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

Man.. A guy has to prove a lot around here to be considered the best for the job. If I remember right, that one guy named Hillis (the guy everyone wants to be seen moved back to FB) was our best back last year and is our best back this year until he proves otherwise. Remember when he was consistencing getting 90-120 yards a game and we were *cough cough* dare I say winning games? Here we are free agency time and all of a sudden Buckhalter and Lamont Jordan are mentioned as potential starters?

Hey, remember that 25 yards TD run that Hillis had against the chiefs before he got injured? He looked pretty fast and tough too? Maybe even Runningback fast?!?!
        --BREAKING NEWS--

DENVER TO DRAFT "YES" WITH THE #2 OVERALL PICK!

"Who will Denver draft with the #2 overall pick?"
        sigpic

MY 2012 MOCK DRAFT:

RD 1: YES
        RD 2: CONCENTRATE AND ASK AGAIN
        RD 3: IT'S A HIGH POSSIBILITY
        RD 4: NOT IN THE HORIZON
        RD 5: CONCENTRATE AND ASK AGAIN
        RD 6: CONCENTRATE AND ASK AGAIN
        RD 7: NO

Comment

Originally posted by L.I. BroncosFan View Post
          Or waited for edgerin james to be released. Would do well in a ZBS
          Actually, I politely disagree. Edge is a dancer, not a cut and go back. He bounces around and tries to make people miss. He was somewhat effective in the Colts "stretch" play, but even then if he couldn't get to the corner he would dance around until he lost yards. Since he has been in Arizona, he has been terrible because he no longer has the advantage of only 6 or 7 in the box like he had in Indy. I'm glad we didn't even consider that one.

However, I am not surprised that we are bringing in a bunch of castoff backs. That is the same thing NE does. And for those of you that think Hillis won't get any carries, remember how many carries Sammy Morris has gotten over the past couple years. Sammy Morris was a FB with some versatility early in his career. Hillis is very similiar.

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
            Haha, i needed a good laugh:salute!:
            Hall and Young will be very lucky to make it out of training camp.

I think Buckhalter will be listed as a starter, but the guys 1-3 on the depth chart will get fairly equal carries

i agree about hillis though, i hope he gets 5-10 touches a game wherever he lines up (HB, FB, H-back)
            McDaniels is such a friggin idiot

Comment

Originally posted by KoobLis View Post
              Man.. A guy has to prove a lot around here to be considered the best for the job. If I remember right, that one guy named Hillis (the guy everyone wants to be seen moved back to FB) was our best back last year and is our best back this year until he proves otherwise. Remember when he was consistencing getting 90-120 yards a game and we were *cough cough* dare I say winning games? Here we are free agency time and all of a sudden Buckhalter and Lamont Jordan are mentioned as potential starters?

Hey, remember that 25 yards TD run that Hillis had against the chiefs before he got injured? He looked pretty fast and tough too? Maybe even Runningback fast?!?!
              Hillis is great, but why keep him at RB and not have Buckhalter on the field when they can have both on the field? I think it's genius to move him back to FB or to a sort of H-Back position, rather than waste his overall talent as just a RB.
              Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by floridabroncos View Post
                I'm for getting rid of both, but I think there were much better options at RB in FA than Lamont Jordan. If I'm wrong I'll own it, but I think he'll be a bust as well.
                Him "busting" would imply a large role in the offense which I dont think is the plan. Jordan has shown that he isnt capable of being "the guy". He is best when utilized in a support role. He gets tough yards, is a great blocker and catches the ball pretty well. I dont think he was brought in to compete for the starting job. I believe that is Buckhalters to lose at this point. All that being said, I dont think any of the RB signings expect Buckhalter, improve the position all that much. I dont think Jordan is an upgrade over Pittman and Arrington, if he does sign, has and always will be a poor excuse for a 3rd down back at best. He cant break a tackle to save his life and if you look at him sideways, he goes to the turf. I dont care who says what about Torain, if the dude cant stay on the feild, what use is he? Young, if utilized correctly I think can be an effective change of pace back. He is good in space and can make people miss. Hall cant hold on to the rock but to be honest, of all the RB's, other than Cbuck, I like him best. He may not be the most physically gifted but he shows the best vision and footwork and understands, at least understood, the ZBS.
                I wont even address the Hillis situation because I dont think he gets mentioned in the conversation as a true RB. Unfortunately I think he will be underutilized in this system.

In all, if Cbuck pans out and becomes a solid starter, it should be an effective if not dazzling group. All of them share the ability to catch the ball out of the backfield, which is imperitive in the type of scheme they will employ, they are all fairly good at picking up the blitz and probably most importantly, they are largely interchangable.
                Last edited by Buenacolt11; 03-04-2009, 10:36 AM.

Comment

We still have our long time RB coach dont we???? as long as we still have him i wont be totally concern..he always seems to pull through...its also about confidence it always seem like every back that plays runs like a stud, i thought Shanny was great at building confidence to oyr backs...LJ or whoever plays needs to run like the backs we have always had with confidence......
                  sigpicremember...."we are the BRONCOS"

Comment

Originally posted by Buenacolt11 View Post
                    Him "busting" would imply a large role in the offense which I dont think is the plan. Jordan has shown that he isnt capable of being "the guy". He is best when utilized in a support role. He gets tough yards, is a great blocker and catches the ball pretty well. I dont think he was brought in to compete for the starting job. I believe that is Buckhalters to lose at this point. All that being said, I dont think any of the RB signings expect Buckhalter, improve the position all that much. I dont think Jordan is an upgrade over Pittman and Arrington, if he does sign, has and always will be a poor excuse for a 3rd down back at best. He cant break a tackle to save his life and if you look at him sideways, he goes to the turf. I dont care who says what about Torain, if the dude cant stay on the feild, what use is he? Young, if utilized correctly I think can be an effective change of pace back. He is good in space and can make people miss. Hall cant hold on to the rock but to be honest, of all the RB's, other than Cbuck, I like him best. He may not be the most physically gifted but he shows the best vision and footwork and understands, at least understood, the ZBS.
                    I wont even address the Hillis situation because I dont think he gets mentioned in the conversation as a true RB. Unfortunately I think he will be underutilized in this system.

In all, if Cbuck pans out and becomes a solid starter, it should be an effective if not dazzling group. All of them share the ability to catch the ball out of the backfield, which is imperitive in the type of scheme they will employ, they are all fairly good at picking up the blitz and probably most importantly, they are largely interchangable.
                    I can see what you are saying. Hey, if the guy produces anything reasonable for us, I'm all for it. I just have my doubts. As I said before, if I'm wrong I'll own it, and be happy about the fact that I was wrong.

Comment

Anyone that can't carry their own weight will be cut before the season even starts, so I wouldn't worry about the back situation. It's not like the Jordan signing makes us any worse at running back. I personally hope Torain wins the starting position. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Peyton Hillis, but I don't think he should be the starting back. I like him for passing plays and short down situations. I don't think we even need Buckhalter and Jordan. I understand bringing in a sturdy back in fear that Torain gets injured, but Buckhalter isn't exactly the model for perfect health, and Jordan hasn't played a full season since '04.

Comment

WE DONT NEED RBS

Terrible move for a old RB, he is a hell of a team mate and goes 100% all the time though
                        sigpic

Comment

If this is a pass first offense then why do we really need a GREAT back ?? we need a back that can catch outta the back feild and to carry up to 20 TIMES at most????? we have the backs to do that...and didnt LJ play in NE ? maybe McD saw something in him???
                          sigpicremember...."we are the BRONCOS"

Comment

I don't understand all the hate on Lamont Jordan.

The guy is a solid RB who was productive when given the carries.

1000+ yards and 9 TDs a few years ago in Oakland. That's a lot better than any Bronco has done for awhile.

Comment

2 years, 2.5 million is what was reported so that has to be pretty close to the vet minimun on this guy. Another solid pick up
                              sigpic

Thanks to dbfan2007 for sig

Comment

Sources: Broncos add another RB

Sources: Broncos add another RB -- 10:59 a.m.

One day after a previously reported deal between Cardinals free agent J.J. Arrington fell apart with the Denver Broncos, the team has acted quickly to fill the void.

Veteran running back LaMont Jordan has verbally agreed on a two-year deal with the Broncos, according to NFL sources who spoke to KDVR (Denver) FOX 31's Josina Anderson Wednesday morning.

The sources told Anderson that the deal had not been signed yet, but an agreement had been reached for two years and $2.5 million

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-bronco...,2737466.story

Comment

Working...
                                X