X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hardcorebronco
    replied
    Originally posted by JerzeyRep View Post
    Enoughs enough, thats the 3rd HB pick up this offseason to go along wit the 2 or 3 we already have. Come on, DEFENSE WINS SUPERBOWLS!!! With names like Jason Taylor, Samari Rolle, Roy Williams, Johnathon Vilma, Julius Peppers, Terrell Suggs, Nnamadi Asomugha, Ray Lewis, Mike Peterson and many others out there in free agency ur signing running backs. Hey McDumba** ur tellin me ur not interested in ANY of these names?? :brick:
    WOW.

Jason Taylor = Old and Injury Prone
    Samari Rolle has seen better days
    Roy Williams = $ + we signed 2 safeties
    Johnathon Vilma hates 3-4 and is injury prone
    Julius Peppers = 1 first round picks to acquire - no thanks.
    Terrell Suggs never entered the FA
    Nnamadi Asomugha never entered either
    Ray Lewis is taking is own sweet time deciding and doesn't have any reason to leave Baltimore.
    Mike Peterson - ehh maybe. NOT

Leave a comment:

• One5
    replied
    Originally posted by JerzeyRep View Post
    Enoughs enough, thats the 3rd HB pick up this offseason to go along wit the 2 or 3 we already have. Come on, DEFENSE WINS SUPERBOWLS!!! With names like Jason Taylor, Samari Rolle, Roy Williams, Johnathon Vilma, Julius Peppers, Terrell Suggs, Nnamadi Asomugha, Ray Lewis, Mike Peterson and many others out there in free agency ur signing running backs. Hey McDumba** ur tellin me ur not interested in ANY of these names?? :brick:
    We've signed a DT, NT, ILB, CB, and 2 Safeties. And all the other defense positions will be addressed in the draft. JJ Arrington still doesn't seem to be confirmed, and like I said; anyone not carrying their weight will be cut, which explains all of the RB signings.

Julius Peppers & Terrell Suggs have been franchised, so they would have to be traded.

Nnamdi got a new contract.

Ray seems to be going back to the Ravens.

Vilma is back with New Orleans.

Have you been following free agency whatsoever?

Leave a comment:

• AtwaterHITS27
    replied
    Originally posted by KIDBRONC11 View Post
    http://www.kdvr.com/sports/kdvr-bron...,4755299.story

Hasn't been offically signed. They agreed to the terms of a 2 year deal.
    Yeah, I just saw it on roto. I didn't know Arrington backed out at the last minute. Jordan is decent but I hope his injuries don't carry onto next season.

Leave a comment:

• sntnl
    replied
    Im not a fan of Jordan at all but for that price, why the hell not, he has proven he can work in the system and knows he isn't going to be the feature back anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Zealander
    replied
    In my opinion he has got loads more upside than Arrington. I wonder what McDaniels saw in Arrington to think he's more skilled than Jordan. Lamont is a tough runner and I can see him player a big role on our team. I think this is a good move.

Leave a comment:

• RUMBLE
    replied
    He came pretty cheap. Who knows what can happen, he may end up playing a key role. We could have gotten far worse, so we'll see how things work out with all the RBs we have.

Leave a comment:

• JerzeyRep
    replied
    whats with all the HBs

Leave a comment:

• sntnl
    replied
    Sources: Broncos add another RB

Sources: Broncos add another RB -- 10:59 a.m.

One day after a previously reported deal between Cardinals free agent J.J. Arrington fell apart with the Denver Broncos, the team has acted quickly to fill the void.

Veteran running back LaMont Jordan has verbally agreed on a two-year deal with the Broncos, according to NFL sources who spoke to KDVR (Denver) FOX 31's Josina Anderson Wednesday morning.

The sources told Anderson that the deal had not been signed yet, but an agreement had been reached for two years and $2.5 million

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-bronco...,2737466.story

Leave a comment:

• 24TheCHAMP24
    replied
    2 years, 2.5 million is what was reported so that has to be pretty close to the vet minimun on this guy. Another solid pick up

Leave a comment:

• mx_stiles13
    replied
    I don't understand all the hate on Lamont Jordan.

The guy is a solid RB who was productive when given the carries.

1000+ yards and 9 TDs a few years ago in Oakland. That's a lot better than any Bronco has done for awhile.

Leave a comment:

• dluvan
    replied
    If this is a pass first offense then why do we really need a GREAT back ?? we need a back that can catch outta the back feild and to carry up to 20 TIMES at most????? we have the backs to do that...and didnt LJ play in NE ? maybe McD saw something in him???

Leave a comment:

• MnF
    replied
    WE DONT NEED RBS

Terrible move for a old RB, he is a hell of a team mate and goes 100% all the time though

Leave a comment:

• One5
    replied
    Anyone that can't carry their own weight will be cut before the season even starts, so I wouldn't worry about the back situation. It's not like the Jordan signing makes us any worse at running back. I personally hope Torain wins the starting position. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Peyton Hillis, but I don't think he should be the starting back. I like him for passing plays and short down situations. I don't think we even need Buckhalter and Jordan. I understand bringing in a sturdy back in fear that Torain gets injured, but Buckhalter isn't exactly the model for perfect health, and Jordan hasn't played a full season since '04.

Leave a comment:

• floridabroncos
    replied
    Originally posted by Buenacolt11 View Post
    Him "busting" would imply a large role in the offense which I dont think is the plan. Jordan has shown that he isnt capable of being "the guy". He is best when utilized in a support role. He gets tough yards, is a great blocker and catches the ball pretty well. I dont think he was brought in to compete for the starting job. I believe that is Buckhalters to lose at this point. All that being said, I dont think any of the RB signings expect Buckhalter, improve the position all that much. I dont think Jordan is an upgrade over Pittman and Arrington, if he does sign, has and always will be a poor excuse for a 3rd down back at best. He cant break a tackle to save his life and if you look at him sideways, he goes to the turf. I dont care who says what about Torain, if the dude cant stay on the feild, what use is he? Young, if utilized correctly I think can be an effective change of pace back. He is good in space and can make people miss. Hall cant hold on to the rock but to be honest, of all the RB's, other than Cbuck, I like him best. He may not be the most physically gifted but he shows the best vision and footwork and understands, at least understood, the ZBS.
    I wont even address the Hillis situation because I dont think he gets mentioned in the conversation as a true RB. Unfortunately I think he will be underutilized in this system.

In all, if Cbuck pans out and becomes a solid starter, it should be an effective if not dazzling group. All of them share the ability to catch the ball out of the backfield, which is imperitive in the type of scheme they will employ, they are all fairly good at picking up the blitz and probably most importantly, they are largely interchangable.
    I can see what you are saying. Hey, if the guy produces anything reasonable for us, I'm all for it. I just have my doubts. As I said before, if I'm wrong I'll own it, and be happy about the fact that I was wrong.

Leave a comment:

• dluvan
    replied
    We still have our long time RB coach dont we???? as long as we still have him i wont be totally concern..he always seems to pull through...its also about confidence it always seem like every back that plays runs like a stud, i thought Shanny was great at building confidence to oyr backs...LJ or whoever plays needs to run like the backs we have always had with confidence......

Leave a comment:

Working...
X