X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bjmohar
    replied
    Originally posted by cutler7624 View Post
    He's commited this season, he is going to fully participate in the offseason program. He hasn't done that for most of his career. He wants to play at 230 pounds this season, no more than 233.

Ran a 4.34 40 at the combine coming out

After NE, Denver was the place he wanted to play at.

Loves to play against former teammates, favorite place to play is @ Oakland.

Really high on Josh McDaniels, "has a tremendous amount of confidence" in Josh McDaniels. Coach McDaniels was the reason he wanted to come here.

Wants to be a starter

John Elway was his second favorite player after Deion Sanders and hopes to meet Elway sometime.

Pretty good interview thanks for posting it B4life
    Im reading your sig as "Phillip Rivers is GREATER THAN Jay Cutler" But it seems your a Cutler fan. Whats up with that? Is it just me?

Leave a comment:

• stickyicky420
    replied
    He seems like a good guy glad we are giving him a chance he does need to build some raider hate.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco4life1980
    replied
    Originally posted by Den615 View Post
    seriously, do some research before you post. in 2005-2007 he had 100+ carries each year, including 272 carries in 2005 when he went for 1000+ yards. he is not the answer at runningback, but he can be a very solid contributor.

I dont think he was talking about Jordan he was talking about Buckhalter. His career high is 129 carries. I think jordan can do big thinks here if he gets in top shape. He ran for 1000 yards in just 14 games in oakland behind probably the worset o line i have ever seen in my life. 1000 yards in oakland is like 1500 in denver. Not to mention he can catch the ball out of the backfield. I think the key with him will be can he stay healthy..any Eagles fan can tell you buckhalter is going to get hurt. Jordan looked good his last 4 games in New England and should he still had speed with that 50 yard run oakland where he left the secondary..lets just hope thats the jordan were getting...one think i have learned ...never count what someone did in Oakland against them.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    Originally posted by tsiguy96 View Post
    you said mcdaniels has buckhalter penciled in as starter, only person who has said that is the denver post. there is no depth chart right now, there wont be til after the draft at teh earliest.
    Read my post again because that's not what I said. That's why it was confusing that you would respond the way you did.

Leave a comment:

• Den615
    replied
    a 30 year old back whos career high in attempts is 129 is the starter? really? he hasnt had more then 100 carries in 6 years. hes not the starter.
    seriously, do some research before you post. in 2005-2007 he had 100+ carries each year, including 272 carries in 2005 when he went for 1000+ yards. he is not the answer at runningback, but he can be a very solid contributor.

Leave a comment:

• tsiguy96
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolee View Post
    Well, I'll give you this, at least your response to that post makes sense. I don't share the same confidence in Hillis though. If he gets to start that's fine with me, but I'm not ready to crown his ass. If you want to crown his ass, then crown him.
    you said mcdaniels has buckhalter penciled in as starter, only person who has said that is the denver post. there is no depth chart right now, there wont be til after the draft at teh earliest.

Leave a comment:

• TONYTZ
    replied
    Ok

Well, I'll give you this, at least your response to that post makes sense. I don't share the same confidence in Hillis though. If he gets to start that's fine with me, but I'm not ready to crown his ass. If you want to crown his ass, then crown him.
    I will.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    Originally posted by TONYTZ7 View Post
    Hillis will earn the starting job anyway.

Leave a comment:

• TONYTZ
    replied
    It does not matter

Well, one thing seems certain. It appears McDaniels hasn't told Jordan that Buckhalter is locked in as the starter. The question is, will McDaniels stick with a workhorse if one of the running backs stands out and shows that kind of potential, or will he stick with a committee approach no matter what?
    Hillis will earn the starting job anyway.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    Originally Posted by broncolee
    Well, one thing seems certain. It appears McDaniels hasn't told Jordan that Buckhalter is locked in as the starter. The question is, will McDaniels stick with a workhorse if one of the running backs stands out and shows that kind of potential, or will he stick with a committee approach no matter what?
    a 30 year old back whos career high in attempts is 129 is the starter? really? he hasnt had more then 100 carries in 6 years. hes not the starter.
    What exactly are you arguing about here? I can only find your response to my post amusing because it just makes zero sense to respond that way.
    Last edited by broncolee; 03-08-2009, 05:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• UberBroncoMan
    replied
    If he does a good job that's nice... but I'd still rather our youth take over.

Leave a comment:

• R3altruflbronco
    replied
    i always liked him, i thought we should have got him when he got ran outta oakland.. hopefully he will have the two best games of his life against them in 09

Leave a comment:

• CRAZYTRAINTK
    replied
    I don't want to kick the guy because if he shows he is a top back than it just makes us better but I don't believe him. He needs to prove that he is a top back and stated several times that he has never worked hard in the off season. I think that he came to Denver because he knew McD was the coach and thought that it would make it easier on him to crack the starting line-up because he knows the coach and the system......do you kinda see a pattern here......Doing things the easy way. The best always work their tails off and working hard is just a habit and routine in their lives....laziness is habit too....I am still all for Hillis winning the starting RB role and if he is given a real shot, I think he will. I have a feeling it is going to be RB by committee though regardless of what.

Leave a comment:

• dman444
    replied
    I've always liked him, I think he could start.

Leave a comment:

• tsiguy96
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X