Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by StugotsII View Post
    Graham left New England to get paid.

PS. He's been used just about the same amount in the passing game.
    "Graham said he was frustrated with his role in New England, but accepted it for the good of the team. He had 120 catches in five seasons with the Patriots, but was considered a blocking tight end.

"I'm looking forward to extending my role more," Graham said." http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...28950742_x.htm

Comment

• Originally posted by o.O View Post
      "Graham said he was frustrated with his role in New England, but accepted it for the good of the team. He had 120 catches in five seasons with the Patriots, but was considered a blocking tight end.

"I'm looking forward to extending my role more," Graham said." http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...28950742_x.htm

Shanahan never did extend his role...just his wallet.

Look at Grahams stats. They are almost identical to his numbers in New England.
      [IMG]

Comment

• Originally posted by Dovsinlondon2012 View Post
        What the heck is it with us and the Iggles this year? Theyre like our best buds right now.

I personally would not like to see Scheff go but im not running the team. Hopefully is he does go we can get something good for him (proving his worth) and I wish him a great career. :salute!:
        Yeah, we do seem to be dealing with the Iggles.

severly off-topic, but Randy Shannon might be fired next year after looking at the U schedule in your sig.
        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by StugotsII View Post
          Shanahan never did extend his role...just his wallet.

Look at Grahams stats. They are almost identical to his numbers in New England.
          i know. but, that doesn't mean he's happier here and with all of this turmoil, i could see him looking for a way out since now he's pretty much back to where he started now that shanny isn't around.

Comment

• If Scheff is going to the eagles (where I think he would have a great career with McNabb and the west coast offense there)...what would be a good trade for Denver to accept?
            Another draft pick or a trade, or a little of both? Who does the Eagles have (on defense maybe?) that would be of good value to Denver?

I look at it this way: Denver currently has a TE that does not fit their system. They need more players that do. What can Denver get for this TE? He catches great, doesnt block well, and knows the West Coast offense. Sure, he gets injured, but when healthy is a good asset to a team.

I think all of this trade talk (and such) is a real shock to fans, as this kind of thing happens to other teams on a yearly basis...but not Denver. And now that it has...

I give 5 to 3 odds on Cutler going ballistic...
            and 1 to 10 odds the boards will blow up again...
            sigpic
            Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
            -Sean Payton

Comment

• Second in yards 16th in points.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flatlander Fan View Post
                I've always liked the excitement Scheff has brought to the receiving game.

I've always disliked how much he gets hurt and the fact that he's not much of a blocking TE.

I'd be ok with a trade that brought good value, but would be sad to see Tony go.

:go:
                Scheffler's blocking improved greatly in '08. Shanahan often used a 2-TE set with Scheffler on running plays.

He's just coming into his own. A terrible move if completed.

When you have a talent, mold the system around the talent. Maximize abilities. Don't try to pigeon-hole players into your system. That's a formula for disaster.

Comment

• you guys are incredible.

scheffler? that's really reaching for a reason to dislike mcdoogie.

you guys need to get off his junk and let him do his job. when we end up with a worse record next year than this past year, then you can be upset, a little.

Comment

• Why not find a way to implement Scheffler?

It's dumb to get rid of a great player for the excuse that "he doesn't fit the system." Screw that. FIND a way to include this guy into your system. Josh, be a little open minded on this one. Scheff has great speed for a TE and great catching ability... How hard would it be to tweak Billacheat's offense to include him...be innovative for christ sake.

Comment

• yeah what a disaster mcdaniels had in NE huh? Best offense in history, he must not know anything about football.

Comment

• Well since I have yet to see this reported anywhere else...I am calling it a bogus rumor...

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                        J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                        R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

• welcome to ayanbronco's next bonehead thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                            Second in yards 16th in points.
                            16th in TOTAL points. Which includes more than offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhns View Post
                              16th in TOTAL points. Which includes more than offense.
                              which in fact makes the stat that much worse to look at.

Comment

• Scheffler doesn't fit this new system. He's JUST a receiving tight end and we DON'T need him in the NEW offense we will be running. Daniel Graham can catch and block He's a good overall tight end, but he will mostly be used for blocking purposes. Tony Scheffler may draw a good defensive offer that would be worth it because he DOESN'T fit the NEW system. Period.
                                sigpic

Supporter of COLORADO sports teams. :

Comment

Working...
                                X