No announcement yet.

Tony Scheffler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No I love Jay... He's the man... It's just I like the 'You Know' catchphrase that's popular with him! No shot at Jay whatsoever! Go :cutler:

Comment

• Originally posted by CodyRoark View Post
      No I love Jay... He's the man... It's just I like the 'You Know' catchphrase that's popular with him! No shot at Jay whatsoever! Go :cutler:
      Well yeah, that's what I ment.

"We played poorly today, you know. It's just, you know, we can't win playing that way, you know. I had mistakes, you know, and so did the defense, you know. You can't blame it on one side of the ball, you know. It's a team game, you know. We win as a team, you know, and lose as a team, you know."
      sigpic

Supporter of COLORADO sports teams. :

Comment

• Originally posted by I Hate SD Alot View Post
        Well yeah, that's what I ment.

"We played poorly today, you know. It's just, you know, we can't win playing that way, you know. I had mistakes, you know, and so did the defense, you know. You can't blame it on one side of the ball, you know. It's a team game, you know. We win as a team, you know, and lose as a team, you know."
        Correctumungo!

Comment

• any chance...?

Do you think there is any chance that Scheffler could be converted to a WR? I don't know if this has been posted before, and is pure speculation, but is it that crazy of an idea for Scheff to line up as a wideout; maybe a slot receiver in a Stokely-type role? He has great hands and has a way of getting open.

just fyi:
          Scheffler runs a 4.62 forty
          Stokes runs a 4.54
          Marsh runs a 4.57.

:go:

Comment

• I doubt it. He's not quick enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by codyd327 View Post
              Do you think there is any chance that Scheffler could be converted to a WR? I don't know if this has been posted before, and is pure speculation, but is it that crazy of an idea for Scheff to line up as a wideout; maybe a slot receiver in a Stokely-type role? He has great hands and has a way of getting open.

just fyi:
              Scheffler runs a 4.62 forty
              Stokes runs a 4.54
              Marsh runs a 4.57.

:go:
              He's definitely not a slot guy. It's not just about speed, it's about quickness, suddeness, and and I don't think he has that. He does have amazing hands, and it would be ashame to lose that, especially considering the amount of drops the WR's had last year. We NEED his hands. I just don't know if he could get separation from a corner. Interesting idea though.
              All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Comment

• Pass catching TE's succeed mostly because they get covered by S and LB. I don't think Scheff is cut out to beat CB's on a regular basis.

I've always been a proponent of using the TE more in the passing game but it's so hard to find a solid receiver who can still block in the run game or not get abused by DE's lining up wide. It almost always seems to be an either/or position.
                \

Comment

• I don't know about you guys, but it worked on Madden for me.
                  --BREAKING NEWS--

DENVER TO DRAFT "YES" WITH THE #2 OVERALL PICK!

"Who will Denver draft with the #2 overall pick?"
                  sigpic

MY 2012 MOCK DRAFT:

RD 1: YES
                  RD 2: CONCENTRATE AND ASK AGAIN
                  RD 3: IT'S A HIGH POSSIBILITY
                  RD 4: NOT IN THE HORIZON
                  RD 5: CONCENTRATE AND ASK AGAIN
                  RD 6: CONCENTRATE AND ASK AGAIN
                  RD 7: NO

Comment

• Heath Miller of the Pittsburgh Steelers caught a couple of passes to the outside against the Baltimore Ravens in the playoffs, and he bowled everyone over, almost knocked the cornerback out. So the mismatch opportunities are interesting. What needs to be explored is the so called down and out pattern, which is between two and five steps then out 90 degrees, you can also avoid the cut and bend this pattern to the outside. It´s hard to catch because you´re like fading to the outside and you have to catch it across your body, but there are great after the catch possibilities.
                    But as a pure receiver Scheffler is probably to massive. I mean some tight ends are like converted offensive tackles. They tend to be more heavy and strong rather than fast and catch happy.
                    mooncamping is a new Cleveland Browns fan

Comment

• Originally posted by KoobLis View Post
                      I don't know about you guys, but it worked on Madden for me.
                      thats all the factual reasoning that i need to think we must keep scheffler...

NE always had TEs that can block and catch, ie. graham

scheff is a pure pass catching TE with almost no run or pass blocking ability, and those kinds of TEs really succeed in west coast systems only...

the way the thinking works in the spread offense system over a west coast one, is that you are better off having a stupidly quick slot receiver on the field rather than a pass catching TE...

neither a pass catching TE nor a slot WR will do anything blocking, but the opponent will have a nickel package out all the time with the slot WR on the field and thus having 1 less LB on the field to allow for theoretically easier rushing...

its a trade off, with scheff, an opponent lined up in a base package and we exploited his matchup with LBs and safety's but it gives you no advantage running the ball...

its more a matter which one you want more...

scheff is solid, but mac is really trying to put together players that can do exactly what he wants and needs...

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by KoobLis View Post
                        I don't know about you guys, but it worked on Madden for me.
                        OH THEN WE SURELY HAVE TO DO IT!!!

And then we can convert a WR with 99 speed into runningback too!!!!

Comment

• In a WCO, Scheffler is a top 5 TE. Which is why if he is being traded, Philly should be all over the guy. Statistically speaking, he was a top 5 guy last year, despite competing with Graham for catches:

Yards per game - Ranked 6th
                          Yards per catch - Ranked 1st
                          % of catches for 1st downs - Ranked 3rd (min 30 catches)

If he could ever stay healthy for a full season, he would be an 800 yd TE, and the best down field TE in the game. Unfortunately he can't...

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                          J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                          R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

• One thing I forgot to add while mentioning that it worked on Madden was that it was however under the John Gruden system though.

On a serious tangent, I don't understand why a TE can essentially be less valuable to a system and more valuable to the other. In my opinion, no matter the coaching style of a coach, they will always use TE's no matter (yes, even McDaniels - the way he used Ben in NE). Last I heard, Schefler is on the trading block. My concern isn't that we should keep him regardless of the offense that McDaniels operate under; my concern is however directed towards the fact that Schefler is an essential athlete that contributes to this team's success on offense. Last season when Schefler was out during that 3-4 weeks with his injury, our offense did not click at all. Daniel Grahams just wasn't fast enough to break away from the safetys and linebackers, and Nate Jackson was well.. Nate Jackson.

Believe it or not, despite Tony lacking blazing WR speed, he was constantly a deep threat last year. In my 60 some post two-cents, Coach McDaniels should strongly consider keeping ol'tony in Denver. Again as so many people have posted and stated on here, Offense isn't where we need to be tweaking, Defense is where all the cuts and addition should be happening.
                            --BREAKING NEWS--

sigpic

MY 2012 MOCK DRAFT:

Comment

• Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
                              OH THEN WE SURELY HAVE TO DO IT!!!

And then we can convert a WR with 99 speed into runningback too!!!!

Brother, back in the days of Madden 99, I had Jason Elam as my QB and he passed for 40,000 yards before he retired. Who said Mike Shanahan was "the mastermind?" Surely he got fired because he had unknowingly released a future HOF QB to the Atlanta Falcons
                              Last edited by KoobLis; 03-05-2009, 04:43 AM.
                              --BREAKING NEWS--

sigpic

MY 2012 MOCK DRAFT:

Comment

• Originally posted by o.O View Post
                                i know. but, that doesn't mean he's happier here and with all of this turmoil, i could see him looking for a way out since now he's pretty much back to where he started now that shanny isn't around.
                                He's not back to where he started. He was the back up in New England. He has been and will be the starter in Denver. He might not be as involved in the passing game as he might have hoped, but at least he will still be on the field more than he was in New England. If the Broncos do trade Scheffler, Graham's opportunities in the passing game will increase, even if only by a small margin.
                                My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                                You Mad Bro?
                                Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Working...
                                X