• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
    none, but without dwight clark the 49ers miss out on at least one superbowl
    Dwight Clark was a wide reciever.
    [IMG]

Comment

• You know... quietly this has got me really concerned. Why does McDaniels have to turn us into a mimic of his old offense. Trading Jay Cutler, Tony Scheffler? I would think he's be intelligent enough to use these guys as weapons.

Seriously. We are the Denver Broncos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zealander View Post
        You know... quietly this has got me really concerned. Why does McDaniels have to turn us into a mimic of his old offense. Trading Jay Cutler, Tony Scheffler? I would think he's be intelligent enough to use these guys as weapons.

Maybe because that offense was the best offense in the history of the NFL. Shannahan's offense last year got us 16th in scoring.....I sure know which one I'd rather have.

Comment

• No mention of Buffalo

Being off work again today I pretty much stayed tuned to ESPN and surfed the net. The word "Buffalo" never surfaced anywhere. The status on Jay Cutler has not changed in the last 24 hours. He still wants a trade and McDaniels still wants to talk. The only NFL teams mentioned in any potential trades are Detroit, Tampa Bay, Cleveland and Chicago...period! For obvious reasons this thing can't stay in hold mode for very long. Something needs to happen this week at the latest. If Cutler wants to continue to hold out his cry baby ass, fine. The rest of the team is moving forward and that is what has to happen. Regardless of what anyone on this board says, myself included, the mini camps will happen; the draft will happen; training camp will happen; pre season will happen and the regular season will start with Josh McDaniels as Head Coach. Mile High stadium will be filled to the gills with it's loud fans as is the case every season. All of this will happen with, or without Jay Cutler. If Bus Cook thinks that he is going to get anywhere with sensationalism, then maybe he needs to switch to boxing and go find the next Mohammed Ali. Happy St Patty's day all.

Comment

• Originally posted by I Hate SD Alot View Post
            Cleveland has no third.
            OOPS! I goofed and thought cleveland instead of buffalo for some reason, but nvm what i said lol
            Winner of the 2012 Broncomania GM game

Comment

• why doesnt he fit? he can get open, run, and CATCH. guys are dumb.
              Sean Taylor 21 R.I.P
              Darrent Williams 27 R.I.P
              Damien Nash 29 R.I.P
              John Elway 7
              Jake Plummer 16
              Ian Gold 52
              Al Wilson 56
              D.j Williams 55
              Rod Smith 80
              Shannon Sharpe 84
              Steve Atwater 27
              Terrell Davis 30
              Ed Macaffrey 87
              Champ Bailey 24
              John Lynch 47
              Brandon Marshall 15
              Jay Cutler 6
              Peyton Hillis 22
              Tony Scheffler 88
              Tom Nalen 66
              Mike Anderson 38
              Brandon Stokely 14

Comment

• Originally posted by jlynch4756624 View Post
                why doesnt he fit? he can get open, run, and CATCH. guys are dumb.
                McDaniels offense is not tight end oriented. It's a one tight end set and that tight end needs to be able to block. Daniel Graham can block, Tony Scheffler... not so much. He's obsolete in this offense. Its best for him to leave.
                sigpic

Supporter of COLORADO sports teams. :

Comment

• Don't trade Scheff to Buffalo

They pick b4 us in the draft and need a tightend so if we trade with them(unless its for a high draft pick or stud defensive player) they won't need a tightend and possibly pick a defensive player we need...

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolb View Post
                    They pick b4 us in the draft and need a tightend so if we trade with them(unless its for a high draft pick or stud defensive player) they won't need a tightend and possibly pick a defensive player we need...
                    They aren't going to pick a tight end at #11 buddy.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jlynch4756624 View Post
                      why doesnt he fit? he can get open, run, and CATCH. guys are dumb.
                      Lol, all i know is the Broncos were running a spread offense that everyone said was a copy of what the Pats ran , and the Broncos put up some damn good numbers with it, Both Cutler and Tony did fine in it, This new coach seems to want to get rid of as many Shanny players as he can, i guess so people wont be able to say he won with someone elses players.
                      "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Zealander View Post
                        You know... quietly this has got me really concerned. Why does McDaniels have to turn us into a mimic of his old offense. Trading Jay Cutler, Tony Scheffler? I would think he's be intelligent enough to use these guys as weapons.

Because McDaniels will be calling the plays. Would you like him calling the plays out of a system he has never managed before?

"Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 32n33 View Post
                          who could we get to miss half the games and drop half of the passes thrown to him if we lose "Schef". We would be FINE without Schefler.....
                          Now wait a minute, I am not real concerned about trading scheffler either, but let's be fair. Tony is a very good reciever and doesn't drop that many passes. Here is what I am talking about:

Scheffler caught 66.7% of the passes thrown his way last year.

The most targeted recievers were:
                          Larry Fitzgerald caught 67%
                          Brandon Marshall 57.5%
                          Andre Johnson 67.7%
                          Roddy White 60.4%
                          Dwayne Bowe 54.8%
                          Tony Gonzolas 62.3%
                          Calvin Johnson 51.7
                          Wes Welker 74.7%
                          Derrick Mason 62.6
                          Reggie Wayne 60.6
                          etc. etc. etc.

I think Tony was just fine as a reciever

by the way, Eddie Royal was a stud last year, catching 70.5%

Comment

• Originally posted by Pilfin View Post
                            Now wait a minute, I am not real concerned about trading scheffler either, but let's be fair. Tony is a very good reciever and doesn't drop that many passes. Here is what I am talking about:

Scheffler caught 66.7% of the passes thrown his way last year.

The most targeted recievers were:
                            Larry Fitzgerald caught 67%
                            Brandon Marshall 57.5%
                            Andre Johnson 67.7%
                            Roddy White 60.4%
                            Dwayne Bowe 54.8%
                            Tony Gonzolas 62.3%
                            Calvin Johnson 51.7
                            Wes Welker 74.7%
                            Derrick Mason 62.6
                            Reggie Wayne 60.6
                            etc. etc. etc.

I think Tony was just fine as a reciever

by the way, Eddie Royal was a stud last year, catching 70.5%
                            Nice post, but do you have the stats of other tight ends?
                            sigpic

Comment

• Scheffler vs Graham

I know Scheffler is likely to be traded, and I'm not really too upset but im just wondering why shouldn't we just cut or trade Graham instead? I really liked both of them but if i had to choose I would choose Scheff even though he is injury prone. I guess i don't know much about this topic so im asking what are the strengths and weaknesses of both TEs and why aren't we even thinking about keeping Scheff?

Comment

• I like the Scheff but Graham is all that and what he does carries over so much more then stats....

Browns game end of topic
                                :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

Working...
                                X