Tony Scheffler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scheffler on the trading block?

For God's sake things just keep getting worse...

Obviously Scheffler is no Cutler, and he does get hurt a lot, but we're a COMPLETELY different offense with him, he's one of Cutler's favorite targets, and I'm sure trading him would infuriate Cutler even more.

Not to mention it'd hurt our offense even more. Let's be honest...we wouldn't be able to get much for him in return, and he brings a LOT to this team.

End this madness. Stop screwing around with the offense!

CBS4 has also learned tight end Tony Scheffler has also been mentioned in trade talks.
    http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/bronco....2.946829.html
    Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RunYouOver View Post

Obviously Scheffler is no Cutler, and he does get hurt a lot, but we're a COMPLETELY different offense with him, he's one of Cutler's favorite targets, and I'm sure trading him would infuriate Cutler even more.

Not to mention it'd hurt our offense even more. Let's be honest...we wouldn't be able to get much for him in return, and he brings a LOT to this team.

Dude, do you have a link, or is this just a rumor with no substance?

Why is everyone trying to rock the damn boat?
      In Manning I trust.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealMoose View Post
        Dude, do you have a link, or is this just a rumor with no substance?

Why is everyone trying to rock the damn boat?
        Just put the link in there...I'm not that bad

Trading Scheffler would be another disaster...anyone who's watched his effect on our offense knows EXACTLY what I'm talking about.
        Administrator

sigpic

Comment

What is going on in Bronco land? I do not like the initial changes this guy is doing. We are the Broncos-NOT the Patriots. Cutler is TEN times the QB Cassell will ever be-why would he want this guy?????

Trading Scheffler is really stupid. It will make Cutler angrier and probably make it a point of no return for Cutler.

Not very happy with the way things are going at this point....

Originally posted by RunYouOver View Post

Bronco Fan from DC (previously Baltimore)

Comment

Honestly its not that bad of a move concidering he is always hurt. Look at Todd Heap and Shockey both are going down hill because of injuries. I cant see him getting better anytime soon.

Comment

If we got value for him, I would do it. He's only a receiving tight end and he may not be used in JMCD's new offense. Plus Daniel Graham is solid. If we got good value for him, sure.
              sigpic

Supporter of COLORADO sports teams. :

Comment

THIS IS FROM YESTERDAY PEOPLE.

It's over.

RunYouOver, stop posting. Seriously. Everything you've posted today has been either outdated, or not true, and just stirred up more crap on this board.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by laxstar263 View Post
                  Honestly its not that bad of a move concidering he is always hurt. Look at Todd Heap and Shockey both are going down hill because of injuries. I cant see him getting better anytime soon.
                  Except Todd Heap and Shockey are in their 30s.

He's hurt a lot, but when he's not he's very valuable...and because he's injured often, we won't be able to get ANYTHING for him in return...
                  Administrator

sigpic

Comment

I honestly think Scheffler is expendable but I agree there really is no point in trying to fix something that isn't broken just because you're not comfortable with it.

Comment

Hopefully he is takin off the block along with Cutler, when Tony is healthy, he is a monster that is almost impossible to cover.
                      sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

"Mentioned in trade talks" and "on the trading block" are two very different things. It's Lombardi's inability to describe which is which that got us into this Cutler situation.
                        In Manning I trust.

Comment

I don't know what McDaniels is doing... instead of killing our great Offense by his stupid moves, he should start fixing our Defense, the part of the team where we really have problems... getting Dawkins is nice, but there's a lot that needs to be done.
                          sigpic

BRING BACK ORANGE!!

Comment

We Are Still Shopping Around Scheffler

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_11830461?source=rss

Reworked deal relief to Stokley
                            By Mike Klis
                            he Denver Post
                            Posted: 03/04/2009 12:30:00 AM MST

Even before they acquired Jabar Gaffney and signed David Anderson to an offer sheet, and before they knew Brandon Marshall would get into trouble, the Broncos decided to bring back veteran slot receiver Brandon Stokley.

Stokley's return was ensured Feb. 27, in the hours before the opening of NFL free agency, when the Broncos and Stokley agreed to roll his $500,000 unguaranteed roster bonus into his 2009 salary. Then they agreed to guarantee $560,000 of his $1.41 million salary for this season. So Stokley is back, despite the crowd at receiver.

"When you bring a new coach in, you just never know," Stokley said. "I wasn't sure until I signed that new contract that I was going to be here for another year."

Most teams carry four or five receivers on their game-day, 45-man roster. The Broncos have four in Marshall, Eddie Royal, Gaffney and Stokley. Anderson would make it five if Houston doesn't match the three-year, $4.5 million offer he signed with the Broncos as a restricted free agent.

Simms passing through.

The Broncos will visit today with veteran quarterback Chris Simms. If a deal can be reached, Simms, 28, would replace Patrick Ramsey as Jay Cutler's backup.

Scheffler on trade block.

The Broncos have been shopping Tony Scheffler. Scheffler, 26, is considered one of the NFL's best receivers at tight end — his average of 16.1 yards per catch led all players at his position with at least 40 receptions last year.

However, there is concern Scheffler might not fit in the New England offensive system that new coach Josh McDaniels has brought with him to Denver.

New England's offense usually lines up with three wide receivers and one tight end. The Broncos already have the prototype New England-style tight end in Daniel Graham, who played for the Patriots from 2002-06. Graham left New England for free agency in part because the Pats rarely use the tight end in their passing game.

The most logical destinations for Scheffler are teams that operate the West Coast offense, which often uses a second tight end in the game. The Philadelphia Eagles have the most prominent West Coast offense.

Footnote.

Former Broncos offensive tackle Erik Pears has signed with Oakland.

Mike Klis, The Denver Post
                            Goal Line Blitz - Football MMORPG

http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=29101449

Comment

Maybe Josh should tweak his system to allow the, God forbid, TWO tight end set. Why would you throw away such a valuable young tight end just because you already have one? Plus, Scheffler and Cutler work so well together. This isn't a smart idea.

:cutler:HE IS MY QUARTERBACK!:cutler:
                              sigpic

Supporting McD since 2009.

Adopted Bronco....Daniel Graham!

Adopted by Chillez! :salute!:

Comment

i bet they are more trying to gauge interest to see what they can get. if they can get a #2 i bet they pull the trigger.
                                sig pic removed by mod staff.
                                we do not allow site advertising.

Comment

Working...
                                X