Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible trade for Scheffler

Scheffler a 4th and ATLs 7th to Browns for Nose Shaun Rodgers

Seems like a good move seeing they just lost K.W.2.
    and Rodgers wants to leave

would anyody be mad about this trade??

Comment

I'd be fine with it Sheffler is constantly injured and the need is on the defensive line.

There are a ton of athletic TE's in the draft.
      [IMG]

Comment

Scheffler a 4th and a 7th? seems a little much to me but I don't know much about the value's either.

to me Scheffler and the 7th sounds good!
        sigpic

Comment

Hmmm... certainly gives us a good value return, but there are some ifs.

One, is Rogers going to do his "I can't stand it here!" routine again next season in Denver? The guy is a malcontent, and I'd be worried we'd be giving up Scheffler for a huge contract and a rent-a-player.

Two, is Cutler going to pout because his favorite target is gone?
          In Manning I trust.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealMoose View Post

One, is Rogers going to do his "I can't stand it here!" routine again next season in Denver? The guy is a malcontent, and I'd be worried we'd be giving up Scheffler for a huge contract and a rent-a-player.

hid favorite Target is already going to be gone..
            TE's in NE..dont run routes

Comment

Best believe it....

[QUOTE=TheRealMoose;2627128]Hmmm... certainly gives us a good value return, but there are some ifs.

Two, is Cutler going to pout because his favorite target is gone?[/QUOTE]

Darn right he's gonna pout. Thats his boy and has been since they were rookies. Pout is an understatement. We'll see what happens when McD and Jay C get behind closed doors.
              http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/w...equenceyh5.jpg

sigpic

Comment

Isn't marshall his favorite target? As long as he is here he will be fine.

Also didn't rogers want to come to denver before he went to cleveland last year? But they ended up paying more money than us so that's the way it goes.

I believe rogers value is a late 1st round pick or early 2nd so yea this trade would make sense.

Comment

Although I will say Scheffler is a good talent...I've never quite understood the "man crush" a lot of people on these boards have for him.

Yes, he's good...but he's hurt all the time.

I would give up him, and whatever draft picks it took (reasonable...of course) to get Shaun Rogers.

The NT is arguably the most important part of a 3-4 defense. While Ronnie Fields could do the job...he will be a good starter at best. Rogers would transform the defense.

Rogers is the player we need. I don't think Cleveland gives him up...but I would be perfectly fine trading away whatever/whoever it takes to get him (again, within reason).
                  Goal Line Blitz - Football MMORPG

http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=29101449

Comment

i think its a very sensible trade..and if he says he doesnt want to be here will be for 1 of 2 reason

1. we dont win
                    2. he wants a Long term contract

i like Rodgers too...never been serverly injured (knock on wood)..he would be great at nose and is 29 which means he has a good 7 years in the NFL...

that could be 3 or 4 Superbowl Rings
                    Last edited by Denver-Sports614; 03-04-2009, 09:14 AM.

Comment

We need to stop catering to Cutler, I'm tired of all of this "well, what would Jay think" crap, who cares, he's lucky he's not a Detroit Lion right now!

Comment

Originally posted by 15thebeast View Post
                        Why not get rid of Graham he has more value and keep Cutler happy by keeping Tony and if he struggles blocking why not get a slim OT to be a TE use Polumbus or something
                        Because then you still don't have a blocking TE who can release and catch passes when necessary. Dan Graham is one of the best all-around TEs in the game. Scheffler is just a receiver.

What I would be in favor of is keeping Scheff but moving him to wideout. Can you imagine? Marshall, Royal, Scheff? BOING. Graham blocking from the TE position, Hillis coming out of the backfield as an H-Back?
                        In Manning I trust.

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                          We need to stop catering to Cutler, I'm tired of all of this "well, what would Jay think" crap, who cares, he's lucky he's not a Detroit Lion right now!

WWJD??

What Would JAY Do?

sigpic

Comment

Why not get rid of Graham he has more value and keep Cutler happy by keeping Tony and if he struggles blocking why not get a slim OT to be a TE use Polumbus or something
                            We're in the business of winning. Not keeping people happy.

Why would Cutler be upset? He won't be able to play with Scheffler for 6 games?

The dude can't stay healthy, why trade the best all around TE in the game (one of) just to keep an injury plagued one?

Dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by Jermz79 View Post
                              Scheffler a 4th and a 7th? seems a little much to me but I don't know much about the value's either.

to me Scheffler and the 7th sounds good!
                              I would agree....if we as fans can see that he is always hurt, teams are not going to giv ethat much up for him
                              Don't Panic!

Comment

Graham is probably the best blocking TE in the league and is no chump at Receiving either, Really slow though. And Tony is hurt so much, but he has showed enough for the Broncos get some value for him.
                                I know there are a lot of Man Crushes for Tony but I personally have no problem with it. (As long as they get value for him.)

Comment

Working...
                                X