No announcement yet.

Tony Scheffler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A prolific offense surely would of scored more than a measly 10 on the Raiders or scored when it mattered against the Bills right? Obviously he sees something wrong.

Comment

Scheff, while a fantastic receiving TE, is somewhat injury prone, and does not fit in McDaniels system, so it's no surprise he's being shopped.

People need to get over the fact that players they like WILL be traded at some point or another. It's how this business works, nobody is untouchable and fans just need to deal. Players will be moved when they don't fit in the system or when their value is tops.

Comment

Please stop... :brick:

Could you seriously not have put this in the other trade Scheffler threads??

Comment

Originally posted by evolaerok View Post
          A prolific offense surely would of scored more than a measly 10 on the Raiders or scored when it mattered against the Bills right? Obviously he sees something wrong.
          Talent wasn't the problem. And if you were paying any attention, the defense wasn't consistent enough to get our offense on the field as much as it should have.

Comment

Originally posted by AyanBronco View Post
            Talent wasn't the problem. And if you were paying any attention, the defense wasn't consistent enough to get our offense on the field as much as it should have.
            Oh, so we only had the ball twice against Oakland? That makes sense.

Dude, we couldn't score. McDaniels put together the offense that has the all time league record for scoring. Shut up and wait for the season.

Or if you don't want to do that, go watch some other friggin' team. Nobody says you have to be here, but McD's contract sure as **** says he's going to be here.
            In Manning I trust.

Comment

Originally posted by Illyion View Post
              Scheff, while a fantastic receiving TE, is somewhat injury prone, and does not fit in McDaniels system, so it's no surprise he's being shopped.

People need to get over the fact that players they like WILL be traded at some point or another. It's how this business works, nobody is untouchable and fans just need to deal. Players will be moved when they don't fit in the system or when their value is tops.
              The point is, if Josh is such an offensive guru, he should be able to utilize talent and not waste it. Great coaches historically have been able to bring the best out in their players and make their talent flourish.

Sheffler is worth more than a 4th and a 7th.

Comment

Originally posted by AyanBronco View Post
                The point is, if Josh is such an offensive guru, he should be able to utilize talent and not waste it. Great coaches historically have been able to bring the best out in their players and make their talent flourish.

Sheffler is worth more than a 4th and a 7th.
                It's not an issue of his ability to use Scheff's talent, if he had a different system, he'd be able to use him fantastically, but the TE rarely catches in McD's system and Scheff is not a tremendous blocker, nor would I want to see a player of his caliber stuck blocking all the time. I'd rather trade him for something that will help our team the most, and send Scheff somewhere where he will be in a system that uses receiving TEs often.

Comment

it's note boneheaded if he gets something good in return. just wait and see if it's boneheaded.

Comment

Originally posted by Illyion View Post

Tell that to the people who kept complaining about the cutler trade.
                    "Dude, I know what you mean, and I feel your frustration. Everybody only reads what they want to read. If you sound a bit negative about the team or a player, you will immediatley be flamed. They tend to get caught up on the most trivial bs ever
                    It's a huge part of the culture of this board you just have to learn how to deal with. You can go 5-6 pages explaining to these people"
                    -Dragster69
                    I salute you :salute!:

Comment

• I am pretty sure it has been posted numerous times on this board. McHoodies offense utilizes the TE more as a blocker than a receiver. Scheffler is NOT a blocker. Some team will want a good receiving TE like Scheffler and Denver would get good value for him.

Look for Denver to take Bear Pascoe TE Fresno St. in the 4th-5th rd vicinity.

Comment

• You guys are worse then Cutler. So just stop the Cutler bashing.

This typ of trade with Sheff is actually one I didn't think we could get. Something like this I could go for if Rogers is the real deal.

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

• Originally posted by CanadianBroncoFan View Post
                          it takes a character guy to go through the bad times, which can happen with an injury to a key player.

It is silly to invest in a fair weather player because you never know when the bad times will hit.

Look at TO, last offseason when they were winning he signed a 3 year 24ish million dollar extension. This year what happened to Dallas? Romo got hurt and they missed the playoffs and TO was *****ing the entire year. What are the rumours you hear out of Dallas now adays? Cut TO, hes a cancer in the locker room.

Trying to recruit a player that is just going to ***** when things arent going his way is a waste of a draft pick on our side because you arent going to get your value out of him.
                          I agree, but the state of our NT is bleek and we might need to take some risks to improve it.

Comment

• This is 100% hypothetical. SHEFFLER is not going to be traded!!!!

Comment

• I'd rather see Hillis and Sheff together, Hillis is the best HB we have on the team right now and it's far more important then the #2 TE.

Comment

• Daniel Graham is the prto-typical TE for the Patriot style offense.

Tony Scheffler, as much as I like him, is not. He is a West Coast offensive player. He has been injured more than he's played.

Quite simply, he doesnt fit well into the system McDaniels wants to run.

Do people really think that the new coach would keep the players the old coach had, keep the same system? There is more than 1 way to run an offense in the NFL.

If the owner thought keeping the West Coast style offense was the way to move forward, Rick Dennison would be our coach now, not Josh McDaniels.

And who is to say we would not trade with another team for another Patriots type of TE?

I'm not saying I dont like Scheffler. I do. But he has health problems, and doesnt fit the system. If Denver can get good value for him and a player that fits better, so be it. The offense needs its fair share of work, too, not just the defense.
                                If no one recalls, Denver had a hard time scoring points last year. I'm pretty sure the Patriots didnt, and they also had problems at RB.
                                sigpic
                                Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
                                -Sean Payton

Comment

Working...
                                X