Tony Scheffler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Odendahl View Post
    Tony is Hurt all the time, why not get some value for him while you still can. Just squeeze your man crush real tight because he is gone. And personally I'm glad if we get a good value for him. Who cares what Cutler thinks I'm ready to win in Denver.
    Who said Cutler even had a problem with Tony being traded. This speculation has got to stop, Cutler was blind sided and reacted.

Alot of players and people in the media support the way he acted. So just because YOU would not act that way doesn't mean it's wrong for him to.

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

• Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
      This is 100% hypothetical. SHEFFLER is not going to be traded!!!!
      I don't think anybodies taking it seriously anyways. I just entertain the idea because we need a good NT.

Comment

• Originally posted by AyanBronco View Post
        Talent wasn't the problem. And if you were paying any attention, the defense wasn't consistent enough to get our offense on the field as much as it should have.
        Our offense was pretty good at getting off the field and petting the D on the field tho.

We needed a running game, it would have made the whole team look alot better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Champ24forlife View Post
          Tell that to the people who kept complaining about the cutler trade.
          Its idiotic to ship out a 25 Yo, ProBowl, Franchise QB.

You are trying to group people together, I really don't want to see Tony.S leave, but thats personal opinion. We don't NEED a player at that position (#2 TE) to win. But we do need a good QB to win.

Comment

• Originally posted by AyanBronco View Post
            In an offseason filled with adding two injury-prone RBs, a $5.3million LS, and trading our franchise QB; McDaniels can even contemplate trading Tony Sheffler..

Sheffler is better than all the backup WRs lined up out wide. With the mismatches he creates for the defense and the amazing catches he has had the past three seasons, we'd be wasting such a huge talent.

Way to tear apart a prolific offense Josh Mcdaniels.
            The more and more I read your posts, I get the idea that you HATE Josh McDaniels, wanna sex Jay Cutler up, and miss Mike Shanahan.

Well I got some advice for ya, get over it, McDaniels is the coach and is gonna run his team how he sees fit, he does not care what YOU think, he does not care what Cutler thinks, he will do things the way he wants to and has the best interest of the franchise in mind!

Man, let him coach a few games before you judge him, you trolls need to come aboard or abandon ship, there is no middle ground, your either with Josh or your not, if not, go find another team!

Comment

• Id do it just for the need at nose tackle, Sheffler is good but Owen Daniels from Houston is just as good but he flies under the radar.

So trade Sheff, get Shaun Roger and pick up Owen Daniels as a FA. So we wold only lose the picks.

Works for me!

Comment

• Like it or not Shaun Rogers would be a VITAL piece to our D.

Sheffler not so much. I really like sheff but his value just isnt there in this offense.

Cleveland would be foolish for that trade.
                The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                While he sits by his hearth at home.
                Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Denver-Sports614 View Post
                  Scheffler a 4th and ATLs 7th to Browns for Nose Shaun Rodgers

Seems like a good move seeing they just lost K.W.2.
                  and Rodgers wants to leave

would anyody be mad about this trade??
                  Detroit gave up a 3rd and Leigh Bodden for Shaun Rogers.

Rogers was a pro bowler last year.

What has Scheffler done?

Now rework your trade scenario

Comment

• Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                    The more and more I read your posts, I get the idea that you HATE Josh McDaniels, wanna sex Jay Cutler up, and miss Mike Shanahan.

Well I got some advice for ya, get over it, McDaniels is the coach and is gonna run his team how he sees fit, he does not care what YOU think, he does not care what Cutler thinks, he will do things the way he wants to and has the best interest of the franchise in mind!

Man, let him coach a few games before you judge him, you trolls need to come aboard or abandon ship, there is no middle ground, your either with Josh or your not, if not, go find another team!
                    Oh, I guarantee you are wrong. He very much cares what his players think.

Comment

• Sheff has been injured a lot. Every season he's played. I wish he hadn't been because I like his game - fast, gets open, good hands. He was the first tight end we've had since Shannon Sharp who could catch the ball and actually make yards after the catch.

But the injuries . . .

. . . coupled with the on-going injuries that plague Stokely (whom we just re-upped with a re-worked contract) . . .

So, 2 good receivers with injury problems: why not trade Sheff for some value? I mean, it's an option. And we'd only trade him if we go something valuable in reture - BECAUSE HE'S VALUABLE.

Comment

• There is nothing boneheaded about trading Scheffler if the new coaching staff doesn't think there is role for him in the new offense. There's no point in keeping a tight end who's blocking abilities are lacking for a system where the blocking abilities of the tight end are paramount.

Even under Shanahan, Scheffler was the #2 TE because he doesn't have the blocking skills of Daniel Graham.

The question is whether or not Cutler will throw another hissy fit and pout about it if Scheffler is traded.
                        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                        You Mad Bro?
                        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by SlyBronco View Post
                          Oh, I guarantee you are wrong. He very much cares what his players think.
                          Maybe now that cutler is staying he cares no? I mean, if he had the trade pass, he would have cared less, but now that he is staying and is his QB of course he cares.

By the way, what you said to me, I know it was an idiotic move, but I was responding to some other persons post. He said people we like will be traded at some point, I agree, not everyone stays with the same team all their career.
                          "Dude, I know what you mean, and I feel your frustration. Everybody only reads what they want to read. If you sound a bit negative about the team or a player, you will immediatley be flamed. They tend to get caught up on the most trivial bs ever
                          It's a huge part of the culture of this board you just have to learn how to deal with. You can go 5-6 pages explaining to these people"
                          -Dragster69
                          I salute you :salute!:

Comment

• Trading Scheffler is not a bad idea, especially if we can get a 2nd rounder or equivalent in value back. Sure, he's a nice receiving option, but it's not like he's amazing. Plus, he can't block and he's injury prone. I wanted Leonard Pope with the pick they took Scheffler.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlyBronco View Post
                              Our offense was pretty good at getting off the field and petting the D on the field tho.

We needed a running game, it would have made the whole team look alot better.
                              FYI, our running game went down with 7 RBs on injured reserve

Comment

• I like Scheffler, obviously, and think he could be a star in the league for a team that throws to the TEs like Shanahans old scheme. However, he probably doesn't fit this new scheme very well. If they do trade him, Brandon Pettigrew in the 1st round might be a possibility.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X