Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazie
    replied
    97 definately. I remember as a kid going to school all the kids teasing me everytime the Broncos lost the Superbowl. Mind u at the time I lived in Pueblo, so I didn't really understand it. I guess it just wasn't the cool thing to like the Broncos at that time. But when they went in '97 I knew I dunno how I knew but I knew we were gonna beat the Packers and that pass that Mobley knocked down was one of the happiest moments in my life. I was in Longmont Colorado at the time and for miles you could hear people screaming in their houses and honking horns. And sirens and bells going off. I jumped so high my head hit the damn ceiling. Beer was everywhere food was everywhere and for many days after that everyone in Colorado was in the bestest of moods. Damn what good times.

Leave a comment:

• Pierce
    replied
    Originally posted by JayhawkBronco
    1997 was the greatest season for me. Probably the most tense I've ever been was that final fourth down for the Packers. I was sitting at McNichols watching the game with my face buried in my hands. I look to my left and there are are about 10 cops lined up against one of the box seat areas and they all had their faces in their hands too. Now that was cool!!! So many people wanting something so bad was awesome.
    That first SB win was a special time. It was definitely a "where were you when" moment. I remember exactly which sports bar I was at and how I felt when we won it. Good times.

Leave a comment:

• JayhawkBronco
    replied
    1997 was the greatest season for me. Probably the most tense I've ever been was that final fourth down for the Packers. I was sitting at McNichols watching the game with my face buried in my hands. I look to my left and there are are about 10 cops lined up against one of the box seat areas and they all had their faces in their hands too. Now that was cool!!! So many people wanting something so bad was awesome.

Leave a comment:

• Ohio Broncos
    replied
    Re: Re: '97 aside.....

Originally posted by bcollin1
    You know...if that game was reffed by the ACC, Cleveland would have won.
    The stars truly aligned for you to get off that one-liner.

Leave a comment:

• ReasonableChief
    replied
    Originally posted by Ohio Broncos
    Really? What makes it so enjoyable? I just find it interesting that you would say that depite the fact that your team would (hypothetically) be doing terrible that year. Just curious.
    I just love football, especially Chiefs football.

Every game, every season, is like a gift to be unwrapped and not knowing what's inside. Sure, I like it better when my boys win, but I live & die just as much with a good team or bad.

Leave a comment:

• Ohio Broncos
    replied
    Originally posted by ReasonableChief
    The best football season ever ... almost too easy of a question. First and foremost, there is no such thing as a bad football season.

The best season ever is the current season... whatever year that may be. Right now, it's 2003. Ask me during a 2-14 season for the Chiefs and I'd say the same thing.
    Really? What makes it so enjoyable? I just find it interesting that you would say that depite the fact that your team would (hypothetically) be doing terrible that year. Just curious.

Leave a comment:

• ReasonableChief
    replied
    The best football season ever ... almost too easy of a question. First and foremost, there is no such thing as a bad football season.

The best season ever is the current season... whatever year that may be. Right now, it's 2003. Ask me during a 2-14 season for the Chiefs and I'd say the same thing.

Leave a comment:

• Orange&Blue
    replied
    Originally posted by bjo
    ...literall dissect the fledging donkees...
    Maybe nitpicking here but we weren't literally dissected. We were figuratively dissected. I know what you meant though.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoManiac_69
    replied
    Originally posted by bjo
    I'd have to say 1990 superbowl watching the Niners literall dissect the fledging donkees and making them look like fools for even being there 55-10 I think it was.
    I wonder where the Chefs were that year?

Hmmmmm........

Leave a comment:

• Javalon
    replied
    Originally posted by bjo
    I'd have to say 1990 superbowl watching the Niners literall dissect the fledging donkees and making them look like fools for even being there 55-10 I think it was.
    Well, considering you're a smack talkin' Chiefs fan, it's not surprising that you would enjoy one of our losing Super Bowl seasons. You don't have any of your own Super Bowl seasons in the last 30 years to crow about.

By the way, that was the 1989 season where the Chefs finished 8-7-1 and didn't even make the playoffs. So, I'd imagine that season wasn't really your favorite; you're just trying to stir up trouble.

Leave a comment:

• bjo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• aaronheeb
    replied
    i was at that game... the loudest i have EVER heard it... i was only seven years old at the time, but that was unbelievable. i still have the ticket stub.

There wasnt one empty seat in the place, and there was so much electricity in that place that you could light the city... I gotta tell you, that was the start for me as well....

Leave a comment:

• Ohio Broncos
    replied
    '97 aside.....

Being an Ohio resident for over 20 years now, I'd have to say that any season when the Broncos beat the Browns to go to the Super Bowl has to be my favorite (take your pick, you have three to choose from). On my s*** list, the Browns are right next to the Raiders (kind of like 1 and 1a). Both are arrogant, obnoxious, and annoying. I can't put into words how satifying it was to walk around school or the mall the following Monday to see everyone I knew depressed. Yeah, that's right. Put away your dog masks and biscuits. You won't be needing them any more this year. Cheer up, the Cavs are making a playoff run. Oh wait, they suck too. Enough about that.

If I had to pick one season, I would pick the one with "The Fumble" ('87?). When Ernest Byner landed in the endzone, my dad and little brother (obviously cheering for the Browns) jumped up and started yelling. That was until Jeremiah Castille (I hope I spelled his name right) emerged from the pile with the football. I went apes*** and tore through the house yelling and laughing manically.

Of course whatever pleasure I took from those victories, I felt just as low during those Super Bowls. Telling Browns fans "At least we made it to the Super Bowl," doesn't have quite as much sting when your team is getting throttled. The word "karma" comes to mind, but I don't know why......

But those were some of my happiest times as a Broncos fan.

Leave a comment:

• Javalon
    replied
    Yeah, this board is almost TOO much fun. I spend too much of my time here, even when I'm supposed to be working.

My favorite season was definitly '97. Predictable, I know, because we won our first Super Bowl. The feeling of relief at finally winning the Big Game, the sheer joy of overcoming the odds (wasn't Green Bay a 15 point favorite?) & breaking the AFC's Super Bowl losing streak, and the satisfaction of knowing John would no longer be lumped together with Jim Kelly, Tarkenton, etc. who were great QB's but couldn't win it all.

Leave a comment:

• pikman
    started a topic Best Football Season Ever

Best Football Season Ever

OK, aside from the way the Broncos have played I would have to say this has been one of my most enjoyable seasons ever. (SB's aside)

I don't know about the rest of you but since I started frequenting this message board I'm really enjoying the whole season more.

You get all the different perspectives and opinions (good and bad). Rehashing the coulda, mighta, shoulda's is a blast.

I thought I was a huge Bronco fan, but man some of you people blow me away. It is just awesome. Being here has got me more into the history and statistics and everything.

Heck I even enjoy (for the most part) jabbering with the other teams fans.

So to everybody on this board, THANKS.
Working...
X