Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best list of who we've dropped & picked up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best list of who we've dropped & picked up.

Here is a list I swiped from Fox sports. It helped me so maybe it will help you. If I forgot anyone plese post 'em.

FRANCHISE PLAYER: None.

TRANSITION PLAYER: None.

UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENTS
    --RB Tatum Bell finished the season with a good game against San Diego, but with a lot of tailbacks on the roster he is no sure bet to return.
    --DE Ebenezer Ekuban played well in 2008 but it remains to be seen how he fits into the new staff's plans.
    --WR Darrell Jackson didn't contribute much in 2008 and appears unlikely to return.
    --S Marlon McCree didn't play in the final eight games of the season, remaining inactive even after recovering from a high ankle sprain. He doesn't appear to be in Denver's plans.
    --C Tom Nalen is likely on his way to retirement after sitting out 2008 with a knee injury.
    --CB Karl Paymah was demoted a couple of times during the season and will likely hit the open market.
    --DT Kenny Peterson provided some depth along the line, although the Broncos will try to upgrade their line.
    --RB Michael Pittman played pretty well before a neck injury sidelined him, but he said he feels good and wants to play in Denver again. The new coaching staff will make a decision whether to bring him back.
    --TE Jeb Putzier was brought in late last season because of injuries; he is unlikely to return to the team.
    --QB Patrick Ramsey is a solid backup for Jay Cutler and despite finishing on injured reserve with an arm injury last year, could be re-signed.
    --WR Edell Shepherd was out all last year with a knee injury.
    --LB Nate Webster started last year and played well at times. The new staff will have to decide how he fits in their defense.

UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENTS (not tendered)
    --RB Andre Hall (not tendered as ERFA) has played well at times and should get a shot to make the team in training camp.
    --OT Erik Pears (not tendered as RFA) finished the season on physically unable to perform because of an appendectomy. He has experience at both tackle spots and could provide depth.

RESTRICTED FREE AGENTS: None.

EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS FREE AGENTS: None.

PLAYERS RE-SIGNED: None.

PLAYERS ACQUIRED
    --RB Correll Buckhalter: UFA Eagles; 4 yrs, terms unknown.
    --LB Andra Davis: UFA Browns; 2 yrs, terms unknown.
    --S Brian Dawkins: UFA Eagles; $17M/5 yrs, $7.5M guaranteed; can void to $9.5M/2 yrs.
    --DT Ronald Fields: UFA 49ers; $5M/2 yrs, SB unknown.
    --WR Jabar Gaffney: UFA Patriots; $10M/4 yrs, $3M guaranteed.
    --CB Andre' Goodman: UFA Dolphins; $25M/5 yrs, $10M guaranteed.
    --S Renaldo Hill: UFA Dolphins; $10M/4 yrs, $3M guaranteed.
    --OG Matt McChesney: FA Dolphins; terms unknown.
    --LS Lonie Paxton: UFA Patriots; $5.38M/5 yrs, $1M SB.
    --DT Darrell Reid: UFA Colts; $6.8M/3 yrs, SB unknown.
    --QB Chris Simms
    --RB/KR J.J. Arrington

PLAYERS LOST
    --RB Anthony Alridge (released).
    --CB Dre' Bly (released).
    --DE John Engelberger (released).
    --RB Alex Haynes (released).
    --TE Nate Jackson (released).
    --LB Niko Koutouvides (released).
    --LS Mike Leach (released).
    --S Marquand Manuel (released).
    --TE Chad Mustard (released).
    --RB P.J. Pope (released).
    --DT Dewayne Robertson (released).
    --WR Cliff Russell (released/failed physical).
    --DT Josh Shaw (released).
    --LB Jamie Winborn (released).

pickups

I don't know about drops but I'd sure like to pick you up!
    seriously that list looks pretty accurate to me. They did resign Kenny Peterson......
    sigpic

Comment

Who the hell is matt mcchesney? And when did we sign him? And why are we raiding the dolphins?
      So far:
      FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
      1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

I think the saftey tandem has the best chance to make some noise for Denver, although Arrington could be a good choice to keep Eddie Royale from getting hurt on KR.
        Keep the traditions alive! :salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by Nation of Bass View Post
          Arrington could be a good choice to keep Eddie Royale from getting hurt on KR.
          I agree! I think Fast Eddie is in a position to have a very big year as a WR, with B-Marsh having off the field issues and MAY miss a few games, no need to risk Eddie on WR/KR/PR like we did last year.. And Arrington is a solid signing to bring in to take over KR duties.

:go:

Comment

Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
            Who the hell is matt mcchesney? And when did we sign him? And why are we raiding the dolphins?
            Cuz those players experience an extreme rebuild last year, and thats the kinda attitude we need this year. And, they are good players lol
            Any coach who listens to fans is going to be sitting with them pretty soon. - Bobby Bowden

Comment

Originally posted by AvsFan26 View Post
              Cuz those players experience an extreme rebuild last year, and thats the kinda attitude we need this year. And, they are good players lol
              McChesney has four games played in, in three years. I wouldnt call him a good player. Did go to CU though, so :salute!:
              sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
              SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

I like the fact that we're "raiding" the Miami Dolphins McDaniels played against the Dolphins twice a year. So I'm assuming he realized the talent level of the players from Miami only makes sense.

Comment

Boy they are a talented bunch too.

lets just thank god the pats arent in our division. Otherwise we might be raiding the raiders for players....

Seriously though, when did we sign the Matt guy- i cant find it anywhere?
                  So far:
                  FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                  1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Oh I forgot to add a little something special.

$#@! the Raiders.

Please god, let Al Davis live forever.

AMEN.

Comment

Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
                      Apparently Denver is becoming the Broncolphins! :Laugh:

Similar to the Browncos IMO! Hopefully better results.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X