No announcement yet.

What about Hackney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Josh brought Simms in because he feels the Cassel/Brady type without all the Hoopla.....I think Cutler will be in a battle for his starting job, but we nor he will know about it.
    We are the Organization that " EVERYONE " wants to be a part of

sigpic

Comment

He has bad mechanics, doesn't read the defense at all and is short. His only upside is his strong arm. He looks better than Ramsey but he isn't anywhere near starting caliber.

Comment

Originally posted by AtwaterHITS27 View Post
        Who cares? If we lose Cutler in the season and one of these scrubs comes in, we're screwed anyway!
        Simms would be just fine as a back up....He lead a team to the playoffs. Hackney on the other hand has no place in the NFL
        Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

The fact that Hackney is still on the team says something. Also since McDaniels is using Patriots as model for how he will build this team then I think there is good chance Hackney stays on. The reason I say is because the Patriots carry three quarterbacks on their active roster so it would not be surprising if we carry three quarterbacks on the active roster.
          John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
            Simms would be just fine as a back up....He lead a team to the playoffs. Hackney on the other hand has no place in the NFL
            Hackney has no place in the NFL based on what? Seriously why do you think that?

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Ohhh Whoa is me, an undrafted Qb is not getting the chance to play...

Hes a 3rd stringer and will likely be cut to PS before the season, i would not mind having him round for a 3rd stringer but at this point he is nothing more then that.
              Humm....

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC View Post
                The fact that Hackney is still on the team says something. Also since McDaniels is using Patriots as model for how he will build this team then I think there is good chance Hackney stays on. The reason I say is because the Patriots carry three quarterbacks on their active roster so it would not be surprising if we carry three quarterbacks on the active roster.
                Almost every team carrys 3 QBs on the roster. That way if your starter gets hurt and then your backup cant play well enough to win, or he gets hurt too they have another plan to fall back on. You just hope it never comes to that.
                Draft Clay Matthews Jr.

Comment

If he was good enough to be an NFL backup QB, then he would be. End of story.
                  sigpicthanks Freyaka

Comment

Originally posted by theflammer View Post
                    Josh brought Simms in because he feels the Cassel/Brady type without all the Hoopla.....I think Cutler will be in a battle for his starting job, but we nor he will know about it.
                    If Simms knew the system I think you might be right, but right now I don't think so.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC View Post
                      Hackney has no place in the NFL based on what? Seriously why do you think that?
                      Based on the fact that he simply doesn't have what it takes? Something small like that...
                      sigpicthanks Freyaka

Comment

While I don't pretend to have researched the matter completely? I feel more confident in Simms as our back up and am glad they brought him in. Hackney may or may not have more merit than what I believe is the case. Either way there are some NFL coaches who seem to feel he doesn't, or he would be the backup without question.

Comment

given what happened last year with injury i would say it wouldnt be a bad thing to keep 3. Plus why not try to develop hackney while he's at the 3?
                          Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Simms is likely to be Cutler's backup. There's no reason why we can't have three guys on the QB roster anyways. The problem with Hackney is, no matter how good he was in HS or college, is that he has no NFL real game experience. Look at what happened to Cleveland last year. I imagine Hackney will stay.

Comment

Working...
                            X