Can Spencer Larsen be our Teddy Bruschi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    Larsen was good for one game and then pretty much invisible the rest of the season. I'm hoping maybe with some extra experience he could grow into a good ILB but I wouldn't expect anything like that by next season.
    Thats because Shanahan pulled him out after Webster came back. He only played one full game after the Atlanta game and it was the next week against Oakland.
    In the game against Atlanta he had 6 solo tackles and 1 assist. The next week against Oakland he had 6 solo tackles. The only game he even played in after that was week 13 against the Jets where he got hurt within the 1st quarter and sat out the rest of the game. After that he didnt even get on the field for the rest of the season because Shanahan prefered Webster for whatever reason.
    Draft Clay Matthews Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
      Larsen was good for one game and then pretty much invisible the rest of the season. I'm hoping maybe with some extra experience he could grow into a good ILB but I wouldn't expect anything like that by next season.
      I don't know where coming up with that, because in the two starts he made he had 7 tackles total tackles against Atlanta and 6 total against Oakland the following week. Combine that with what he did on special teams and he had total of 22 tackles. When he became invisible if that's what you want to call it is when he didn't play because of a groin pull and that was in last two or three weeks of the season.
      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Personal opinion, and thats certainly all it is?...I would prefer to see Larsen start in the middle. I think he has earned a shot and I certainly liked his play more than Websters last year. In all honesty I thought our entire LB group played better when the rookies were on the field than when our veterans were starting. I would love to see Woodyard and Larsen both get a shot at starting this year, just to see what they can do. Forget all the measurements, forget size, speed, or "professional" analysis. I "felt" that they both had a nose for the football, and played above the expectations of many.

While I don't consider either of them to be upper echelon players or "elite", I do feel that they are capable of playing as well, if not better, than many of the "journeyman" players we already had or brought in this year. Lets face it realistically...on defense? Champ and now Dawkins, are the only two players that would be considered as "elite" at their positions. DJ may be a solid player for the Broncos, but he wouldn't be considered in the same breath as a Ray Lewis, Lawrence Taylor, Brian Urlacher, or even a Karl Mecklenburg. We definitely need help in the draft, but if we concentrate on the defensive line? Then by all means, lets give Woodyard and Larsen their chances to grow.

Comment

Larsen is a stud. He was a rookie and played like a veteran when given the chance. He very well could be one of our starting ILB's next year, mark my word.

Davis and most of these other FA veterans brought in will be vital as stop gaps until we can draft a new defense and give Larsen and the rookies a chance to develop.

Comment

I am glad to see Larsen getting some love in this thread. The comparison to a NE player was partly because of the obvious direction our new HC is taking this team and also because Larsen just flat out reminds me of Bruschi, and they did go to the same college. Bruschi btw is a player I have watched since college, so I have some basis for my comparison. So, to all the Negative Nancy's out there *****ing and moaning about the NE comparisons I say this, stop trying to DRAGster the rest of us down with you.

Now someone also mentioned Zack Thomas as a comparison for Larsen, and I think that is a good one also. If Spencer can be half as good as those two guys, we would have a heck of a football player on our hands.

I am interested to see how he does this year. Even if he ends up just being a STs ace for us, I think he will make a ProBowl sometime in his career doing it.

Comment

Working...
            X