17-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JrtheFreak View Post
    What do you think you would be saying about Cutler if he had Pittsburghs D during those 37 games? Probably something a little different...

Do you think Ben Worthlessburger is a better QB than Jay? I think not... Ben has had a much better all around team.

Why can't you Cutler haters see that?
    Hey now......you've gone one step too far, because I happen to love Big Ben Roethlisberger......even though I am a big Cutler fan (so far).

Ben is a "WINNER", and there is no doubt that he has a great D. But his oline this year couldn't stop my mother's care home buds.....(love you Ma, but it's the truth, don't deny it). At the beginning of the season I felt the Steelers would be lucky to make the playoffs.....no oline, no RBs (for most of the season), average WRs. And Ben was hurt all year, but he sucked it up. And that's why I was so happy for him when the won the last game. It was a story of endurance, leadership and team play. And the D had nothing to do with that final drive. Ben is the ultimate warrior! (whether or not he has the ball throwing skills of a Jay Cutler).

I don't care how you win....and if you win 2 SBs, and you don't complain when things are going pretty rough, then you're okay with me.

In the end, I could give a dang if Jay makes the pro bowl every year, passes for a gazillion yards, and so on. I just want our team to win. Of course you need a D to win, but until we do, I also expect leadership at minimum.....

Comment

Originally posted by stickyicky420 View Post
      Why are people calling Jay a franchise qb, 3 years no winning seasons . Matt Ryan is more of a franchise qb then cutler is atleast he has taken his team to the playoffs and he was in his first year.
      please go be a fan of another team if this is the stupid opinions you carry about cutler. Do you obviously not know why we haven't been winning? Do you really think jay is the damn problem?? You are a fool! You obviously don't know football.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        Hey now......you've gone one step too far, because I happen to love Big Ben Roethlisberger......even though I am a big Cutler fan (so far).

Ben is a "WINNER", and there is no doubt that he has a great D. But his oline this year couldn't stop my mother's care home buds.....(love you Ma, but it's the truth, don't deny it). At the beginning of the season I felt the Steelers would be lucky to make the playoffs.....no oline, no RBs (for most of the season), average WRs. And Ben was hurt all year, but he sucked it up. And that's why I was so happy for him when the won the last game. It was a story of endurance, leadership and team play. And the D had nothing to do with that final drive. Ben is the ultimate warrior! (whether or not he has the ball throwing skills of a Jay Cutler).

I don't care how you win....and if you win 2 SBs, and you don't complain when things are going pretty rough, then you're okay with me.

In the end, I could give a dang if Jay makes the pro bowl every year, passes for a gazillion yards, and so on. I just want our team to win. Of course you need a D to win, but until we do, I also expect leadership at minimum.....
        BIG BEN has been on winning teams, doesn't mean he's the reason they win. Ben is probably the least of reasons pittsburgh wins, if you can't see that then I don't know what to tell you. Did you not watch when Garrad was playing???? He did better than BIg Ben! Pittsburgh is a GREAT all around team! and that's why they win!!!! they have playmakers on both side of the ball and in just about every position, and if you think they have average wr's you are greatly mistaken! I'd like for any damn qb to have played in denver last year and see what record they come out with! I guarantee you it's not better than jay cutlers! For our team to have the despicable type of defense we had, losing EVER SINGLE one of rb's to the point we had to use damn line backers and practice player rb's to fill the roster and still go 8-8 is ***en unbelievable!!!! If you can't realize how amazing it was to go 8-8 with all the adversity going around on defense and the running game then you obviously have never played a game of football in your life, and you obviously don't know much about the game itself.

Comment

Rothlisberger is clutch Jay Cutler is not Jay has more potential but i think he is scared he cant run this new Mcdaniels offense which is much tougher to learn then the westcoast system

Comment

Originally posted by BRONCOS_OWN_U16 View Post
            yeah vince young took the titans to the playoffs too. he's such a great franchise qb.

didnt cutler and ryan face off this year? who won?

face it. cutler is a great qb and its pretty obvious the reason the broncos havent gone to the playoffs the last 2 years is because the defense and special has been constantly ranked last in everything.

Cutler is not perfect. he still throws some bad interceptions here and there. but those problems can be fixed with more coaching and experience.
            Originally posted by BRONCOS_OWN_U16
            yeah vince young took the titans to the playoffs too. he's such a great franchise qb.

face it. cutler is a great qb and its pretty obvious the reason the broncos havent gone to the playoffs the last 2 years is because the defense and special has been constantly ranked last in everything.

Cutler is not perfect. he still throws some bad interceptions here and there. but those problems can be fixed with more coaching and experience.

Ok thank god thought i was going crazy there for a sec.
            sigpic

Comment

I just want to know when the game of football became a game where only the QB is important and every other player is just "there". People like to give all the praise to the QB when the team wins (Eli Manning) and all the blame on the QB when it doesn't (Jay Cutler, Donovan McNabb). Football is a team sport where you need a lot of factors in order to be successful. If QB was the most important factor in reaching a Super Bowl then why the hell have Rex Grossman and Trent Dilfer made it there? Also look at points per game rankings. 32 is Detroit, 0-16. 31 is St. Louis, 4-12. 30 is Denver, 8-8. 29 is K.C., 2-14. 29 is Arizona, 8-8. 28 is Houston, 8-8. 27 is New Orleans, 8-8. Now keep in mind that Arizona did indeed go to the Superbowl, but they cut their points per game by 4, had the best receiver tandem in the league and a QB who had an amazing season. N.O. finished 8-8 despite Drew Brees having one of the best QB seasons in NFL history. The top 5 defenses based on points per game all made the playoffs. The top 10 had 7 out of 10.

The bottom 15? 1 team made the playoffs (Arizona)
              http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=30412676
              MMO Football Game

I like McDaniels, he will be a good coach. Just not for this team. Belichick needed his Cleveland stint to become the coach he is now and McDaniels is showing the same signs.

Comment

Originally posted by vicious2500 View Post
                Maybe because Ben Worthlesburger never has been a complainer. He infact takes the blame when the team loses if u watched any of his interviews. Maybe Cutler should take some notes and stop whinning.

Funny that you mention this. I have spent a while trying to convey this very concept in the "How much respect have you gained for ..." thread and this guy just does not get it. He thinks I am saying the offense is to blame too and we should get rid of them as well blah blah. When what I am really saying is they are a team and should ALL take responsibility for the 8-8 almost 7-9 (thanks Ed) record.

It called integrity and leadership.

Comment

Originally posted by JDAcord View Post
                  Funny that you mention this. I have spent a while trying to convey this very concept in the "How much respect have you gained for ..." thread and this guy just does not get it. He thinks I am saying the offense is to blame too and we should get rid of them as well blah blah. When what I am really saying is they are a team and should ALL take responsibility for the 8-8 almost 7-9 (thanks Ed) record.

It called integrity and leadership.
                  Ben takes the blame because they have the #1 defense in the league. If he didn't take the blame, he would be laughed at.

Also, Jay has constantly come out and said that he could have played better and that he was a reason for the losing. You keep going off because I, let me repeat "I", am saying that it is on the defense. I have been telling you that us fans do not have to hold the offense accountable as well as the defense. They are not equally to blame for the record. That is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard.

Comment

In fact, just to further drive this Ben argument home, he didn't just have the best defense of this year. He had one of the best defenses of all time.

Did you really just compare that to our situation?

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC View Post
                      Right, giving up 400 plus points two consecutive seasons, pluse allowing opposing offense to convert over 50% of 3rd downs had nothing to do with it. Get real.

I wish Denver could score some points and convert some third downs.

Not against Jay just made me think. I want to win again mediocrity sucks. I believe down years are required to win.

Shanahan always felt he was a Free agent (ex Cleveland Brown) away from winning it all. When we have been so far the last 3 years it's not even funny.

I support Pat and McDaniels it's time for change.
                      Hey Fisherman Heres ans awesome website with tons of info and Forums www.Coloradofisherman.comApril Fools

Comment

yep ! zactly....cp 4 u
                        i'm a BRONCO'S fan !:go:

Comment

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                          Ok thank god thought i was going crazy there for a sec.
                          dont worry
                          i deleted 2 of them.

my internet broke when i was trying to post that. i kept on hitting submit 100's of times. thats why it posted 3 of them.

Comment

7-30

the broncos record with somebody else as the qb

Comment

Originally posted by MJA View Post
                              I just want to know when the game of football became a game where only the QB is important and every other player is just "there". People like to give all the praise to the QB when the team wins (Eli Manning) and all the blame on the QB when it doesn't (Jay Cutler, Donovan McNabb). Football is a team sport where you need a lot of factors in order to be successful. If QB was the most important factor in reaching a Super Bowl then why the hell have Rex Grossman and Trent Dilfer made it there? Also look at points per game rankings. 32 is Detroit, 0-16. 31 is St. Louis, 4-12. 30 is Denver, 8-8. 29 is K.C., 2-14. 29 is Arizona, 8-8. 28 is Houston, 8-8. 27 is New Orleans, 8-8. Now keep in mind that Arizona did indeed go to the Superbowl, but they cut their points per game by 4, had the best receiver tandem in the league and a QB who had an amazing season. N.O. finished 8-8 despite Drew Brees having one of the best QB seasons in NFL history. The top 5 defenses based on points per game all made the playoffs. The top 10 had 7 out of 10.

The bottom 15? 1 team made the playoffs (Arizona)
                              The QB is not important? And you seriously call yourself a Bronco fan? Unreal.

As long as we are comparing records, what is McDaniels record as a head coach? Last time I checked it was 0-0. How many playoff appearances as head coach? 0. How about how many games as head coach, win or lose? 0 How many seasons as a head coach? 0. Coach of the Year awards? 0. Pro bowl appearances as head coach? 0. Come-from-behind wins as a head coach? Another big fat 0. Are we starting to see the trend here. . .?

FIRE JOSH MCDANIELS AND DO IT QUICKLY. OR ITS 3-13 FOR THE BRONCOS FOR THE NEXT 3 YEARS.

Comment

How would any of those other QBs do with THE WORST DEFENSE IN THE NFL to support them? A couple of other defenses had worse statistics, but those teams also had terrible offenses. The fact that the Donks even sniffed .500 last year was a testament to the offense, and the quarterback.

Cutler forced throws because he had to, because the only difference between a pick-6 and a punt was the amount of time it took to get back on the field.

And sure, he blew some games with bonehead interceptions at critical times... but he was the reason they were in it at all. If the Donx had an average quarterback last year, they might have won three games.

With that said, the guy's attitude sucks, at least the way it comes out in the media. But let's not confuse his ability with his likability. A Jay Cutler who has the option of throwing the ball away, punting, and trusting the defense to get the ball back will be very dangerous.

Comment

Working...
                                X