No announcement yet.

17-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a huge problem with McDaniels being willing to deal Cutler for Cassel, because no one realistically believes Cassel is a better, more talented quarterback than Cutler. Yes he had a solid season in 2008 and the Patriots were 11-5. But he played for a team that was one season removed from 16-0 and 18-1 overall. And despite how well he played and the Patriots' record, they still failed to make the playoffs.

At the end of the day, Cassel reminds me too much of Scott Mitchell, and I'm glad Denver didn't get stuck with him.

What I'm frustrated with is the fact that too many fans here are so ridiculously fickle and willing to swing with the pendulum, that they would be willing to part ways with the 2nd most talented quarterback Denver has ever had, and the most talented quarterback to come out of the draft since 2004, all because he's a bit of a diva. Forget the fact that Cutler isn't a criminal. Disregard that he has played for the worst defense in the league over the past 37 games. Don't mention that he wants to stay in Denver. And ignore that he's on pace to a HoF-caliber career statistically. He's too much of a whiner and he rubs some people the wrong way. So trade him!

It's funny that many of us here criticized Shanahan over the years for relying too heavily on role players and passing up on talented players in favor scheme guys. Yet we have a universally talented quarterback that will likely be successful wherever he went, and the organization and some fans want to dump him for another role-playing scheme guy in Matt Cassel.

It's such a joke and it really depresses me as a Broncos fan.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stickyicky420 View Post
      Why are people calling Jay a franchise qb, 3 years no winning seasons . Matt Ryan is more of a franchise qb then cutler is atleast he has taken his team to the playoffs and he was in his first year.
      A good 15-18 of those losses belong to the defense.

It may be a QB driven league, but defense is a big aspect of the game.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stampede! View Post
        The QB is not important? And you seriously call yourself a Bronco fan? Unreal.

As long as we are comparing records, what is McDaniels record as a head coach? Last time I checked it was 0-0. How many playoff appearances as head coach? 0. How about how many games as head coach, win or lose? 0 How many seasons as a head coach? 0. Coach of the Year awards? 0. Pro bowl appearances as head coach? 0. Come-from-behind wins as a head coach? Another big fat 0. Are we starting to see the trend here. . .?

FIRE JOSH MCDANIELS AND DO IT QUICKLY. OR ITS 3-13 FOR THE BRONCOS FOR THE NEXT 3 YEARS.
        Stampede you are an absolute idiot. I said the QB is not the most important factor in a football team, not that the position is unimportant. I also never even mentioned McDaniels because thats not what I am talking about, learn to read before you spout your BS. Absolute moron.
        http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=30412676
        MMO Football Game

I like McDaniels, he will be a good coach. Just not for this team. Belichick needed his Cleveland stint to become the coach he is now and McDaniels is showing the same signs.

Comment

I was listening to the Fan on my commute home and they brought up a great point regarding his record and the correlation to points allowed by the D.

Jay had a great record of 12-1 when the D gave up 21 points or less.

And as the points allowed went up, his record obviously got worse.

an interesting stat they made was Elway defenses throughout his career allowed 19 points a game......

just thought it was interesting

Comment

Its a team game dude..

Comment

Franchise Qb

Jay is not a franchise qb if 17-20 makes you a franchise qb i have some property in the everglades to sell you.

Comment

How many threads of the same topic do you have to start?

Damn your so annoying. Go smoke another bowl or something

Comment

Okay so you made another Cutler thread just to bash him for his record because we have no defense? Why are you trying to make a point of this when it's not needed?. Jay Cutler is a franchise QB deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by stickyicky420 View Post
                    Jay is not a franchise qb if 17-20 makes you a franchise qb i have some property in the everglades to sell you.
                    We get it. You don't like Jay. You don't care about statistics or facts or reality.

You. Don't. Like. Jay.

Was it really worth starting another thread just for you to post this?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post

haha your boy is as good as gone who are you going to jock next

Comment

Originally posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post

NO CRAP!

seriously....either reply to an existing thread on the same topic or stop failing......

posting multiple threads about topics that already been posted doesn't make you anymore more cool than the last time.

By the way if you think jay cutler was the reason we were 17-20 in that time span I've recently come into possession of the golden gate bridge and would be please to sell to you for a low rate of $10 IF YOU ACT QUICKLY /sarcasm.

we'd have won at least 10 games last year if not more if we would have had something even close to resembling a defense last year, instead it ended up looking like we suited up a bunch of the cheerleaders and asked them to try and tackle someone while continuing to do their cheerleading routines (yes I'm looking at you webster and winborn)
                        Last edited by Freyaka; 03-14-2009, 11:29 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

How about when he replaced jake ,and tanked our season we were a winner with jake, you cant say that about Cutler . 18ints last year real great qb only a franchise qb could throw 18 ints and blow 3 games in a row with a 3 game lead

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                            NO CRAP!

seriously....either reply to an existing thread on the same topic or stop failing......

posting multiple threads about topics that already been posted doesn't make you anymore more cool than the last time.

By the way if you think jay cutler was the reason we were 17-20 in that time span I've recently come into possession of the golden gate bridge and would be please to sell to you for a low rate of $10 IF YOU ACT QUICKLY /sarcasm.
                            Jay wasnt the whole reason but he did make a lot of mistakes and no 1 points out how we had a great o line and great receivers and he still got picked 18 times.

Comment

I do not hate Jay i think he has talent but i dont think he is a top 10 qb yet and he never will be if he cant take instructions from his boss josh mcd.

Comment

I forgot Cutler plays 1 on 53.

All of the Denver fans who don't like Cutler and want him out, are going to rue the day once McDaniels proves to be another Belichick disciple who does sh1t outside of his shadow and you end up looking for another franchise QB for another ten years.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X