Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peerless
    replied
    Boss Bailey is going to try and play on two reconstructive knees....

I don't have high hopes for him.

Leave a comment:

• mooncamping
    replied
    Don´t want to correct you, but Boss Bailey is massive. He´s a big outside linebacker. If he has extraordinary speed, which 4.3 constitutes, if he can still match it, it just means he´s freakish. The conclusion that he is small because he is fast does not stand.
    Safety, ridiculous! He´s fast but not mobile. He´s agile but not swift.

I think he just lost a lot of weight. Was he sick or something?
    To me, for an outside linebacker, he is massive:

Maybe he does have weight problems. Some of these super atheletes neglect eating enough. To that extent you are right. A skinny Boss Bailey is nonsense.

Leave a comment:

• expatRick
    replied
    Originally posted by mooncamping View Post
    It was a revelation. I shared it with you!
    Your benevolence is an inspiration to us all.

Your football sense on the other hand.....

Leave a comment:

• JDAcord
    replied
    Originally posted by Syvari View Post
    what are you talkin bout...boss bailey as massive...the guy ran a 4.3 at his combine!

Agreed Boss is one of the smallest backers out there. He could be a safety really.

That is what probably contributes to him being injured all the time consatantly taking on those lead blockers.

Bailey is not massive by no means.

Leave a comment:

• mooncamping
    replied
    4.3, does that get him more money?

Leave a comment:

• Syvari
    replied
    what are you talkin bout...boss bailey as massive...the guy ran a 4.3 at his combine!

Leave a comment:

• mooncamping
    replied
    I run faster than that, and I´m fat and unemployed.

Leave a comment:

• AC1
    replied
    Originally posted by d-bronx42 View Post
    Obviously getting pressure on a QB helps the corners tremendously. But by no means did Miami have a defense like the Ravens, Titans or Steelers where they get non-stop pressure allowing mediocre CB's to flourish. Aside from Joey Porter Miami's defense was sub par and yet Goodman was still able to put up fantastic numbers.

Im not saying we got a shutdown corner or anything, all im saying is i like what Goodman brings to the table and im excited with the signing.
    I hope you're right

Leave a comment:

• d-bronx42
    replied
    Originally posted by AC1 View Post
    Your friend's opinion bodes well for us. However, comparing CBs across systems is kinda hard. The Dolphins had Joey Porter racking up sacks and putting a ton of pressure. Matt Roth got a lot of pressure too, and their run-defense was pretty good. Our CBs didn't have the benefit of a decent pass-rush and had ot constantly peek into the backfield to watch for the run or play off the receiver because our safeties sucked.

Foxworth's success in Atlanta after being less than impressive here is an indication (though by no means sufficient evidence) that our CBs may not have been the problem. Josh Bell looked good (as long as he wasn't covering Steve Smith) despite the lack of pressure and I would have expected us to keep him.
    Obviously getting pressure on a QB helps the corners tremendously. But by no means did Miami have a defense like the Ravens, Titans or Steelers where they get non-stop pressure allowing mediocre CB's to flourish. Aside from Joey Porter Miami's defense was sub par and yet Goodman was still able to put up fantastic numbers.

Im not saying we got a shutdown corner or anything, all im saying is i like what Goodman brings to the table and im excited with the signing.

Leave a comment:

• AC1
    replied
    I absolutely love the Andre Goodman signing. The guy had 5 int's and 19 pass deflections! The most anyone on our defense last year was 11 and that was LB Jamie Winborn... I know he is kind of old but sometimes guys are just late bloomers and this guy is the perfect example of that.

I have a very close friend who is a HUGE Dolphins fan and was very disappointed when we signed Goodman because he was getting better each and every single week to the point where he was a top 4 player on their defense.
    Your friend's opinion bodes well for us. However, comparing CBs across systems is kinda hard. The Dolphins had Joey Porter racking up sacks and putting a ton of pressure. Matt Roth got a lot of pressure too, and their run-defense was pretty good. Our CBs didn't have the benefit of a decent pass-rush and had ot constantly peek into the backfield to watch for the run or play off the receiver because our safeties sucked.

Foxworth's success in Atlanta after being less than impressive here is an indication (though by no means sufficient evidence) that our CBs may not have been the problem. Josh Bell looked good (as long as he wasn't covering Steve Smith) despite the lack of pressure and I would have expected us to keep him.

Leave a comment:

• Incomplete84
    replied
    I really like the switch to a 3-4, even though I think our defense will still have a hard time this year. To my best understanding of things a solid 3-4 is built from the NT and back. I am hoping McD decides to make a nice deal to NE for Winfork, the man is a beast. The middle of our LB core should be ok and I dont recall hearing Boss get released so his speed will be great on the outside (Health allowing, because we all know his issues dont ever allow a full season). I am just wondering if they will try and trade champ in the draft, we could probably get a second for him or a decent player. I really wish we would have picked up Igor Olshansky before Dallas did, he is young, effin strong, and would have been a great addition at the DE.

heres to waiting

Leave a comment:

• stampede!
    replied
    Oh im sorry but this is a thread talking about something OTHER than Josh McDaniels and Jay Cutler. Please stop trolling. troll.
    Josh McDaniels changed the subject. Not me. I'm all about a new defense in Denver.

Leave a comment:

• d-bronx42
    replied
    Originally posted by stampede! View Post
    If you want to talk defense, talk to Josh McDaniels. There was nothing wrong with the Broncos offense besides needing a healthy RB, but McDaniels has now decided that the offense needs a makeover as well. WHAT AN IDIOT!

Yes, we all should be talking about our great new defense right now, not all this Cutler bs.

I'll say it again:

Josh McDaniels is an idiot.
    Oh im sorry but this is a thread talking about something OTHER than Josh McDaniels and Jay Cutler. Please stop trolling. troll.

Leave a comment:

• JDAcord
    replied
    Originally posted by AC1 View Post
    The move I liked the most so far is the Nolan hiring. I think he will, given time, build a decent defense. He has hired a good defensive staff, as far as I can tell.
    Agreed. What better way of solidifying yourself if your McDaniels than to hire a defensive coordinator with a ton of experience and head coaching experience.

I think Nolen balances McDaniels out nicely.

Leave a comment:

• d-bronx42
    replied
    I absolutely love the Andre Goodman signing. The guy had 5 int's and 19 pass deflections! The most anyone on our defense last year was 11 and that was LB Jamie Winborn... I know he is kind of old but sometimes guys are just late bloomers and this guy is the perfect example of that.

I have a very close friend who is a HUGE Dolphins fan and was very disappointed when we signed Goodman because he was getting better each and every single week to the point where he was a top 4 player on their defense.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X