Report: Broncos sign OG Scott Young

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report: Broncos sign OG Scott Young

Young spent much of his career in Philly before the Browns claimed him off waivers last season. He can backup at both guard and center. March 13 - 5:45 p.m. ET
    sigpic

Hey what do you know, some good news :salute!:

Comment

benched press 225 43 times. Maybe he'll be great in short yardage situations.

denverbroncos.com:

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The first two weeks of free agency have passed, and the Broncos have now signed 15 players to their roster after adding unrestricted free agent guard Scott Young.

A fifth-year guard, Young spent the first three years of his career with the Philadelphia Eagles after they selected him in the fifth-round of the 2005 NFL Draft. He played his college ball at Brigham Young.

He didn't see any action in his rookie year of 2005, but in 2006 he saw the most significant action of his career, playing in 12 games in a reserve role and on special teams.

He began 2008 with the Eagles, but Philadelphia waived him on August 31, and the Browns picked him up a day later. He saw action in one game for Cleveland last season.

Young wowed observers during the 2005 NFL Scouting Combine when he bench pressed 225 pounds an astounding 43 times, just two shy of the combine record.

Comment

great depth...especially after losing pears
        sigpic

Comment

Solid signing. At the time, he beat the record of 42reps and also put up great 40, shuttle and vert stats. Young=Stud OG

Comment

I hate BYU so much.

He is from BYU, McD just did one of the things i wish would never happen to me.

Comment

Originally posted by wishb0n3 View Post
              Young spent much of his career in Philly before the Browns claimed him off waivers last season. He can backup at both guard and center. March 13 - 5:45 p.m. ET

Young is an experienced special teamer as well. I like this pick up.

Comment

Working...
              X