Cutler Is A No-show!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutler Is A No-show!!!!!!!

Jay Cutler was a no-show at The My Big Greek Roast event Honoring Steve Antonopulos the long time Denver Broncos Head trainer.

The Charity was for Dani’s Foundation which is committed to finding the cause and cure for pediatric sarcomas-rare forms of cancer taking the lives of children and young adults. Cutler was to be a VIP guest and roaster but instead was a No-show. Lame!

A promotional statement on KOA’s ad said quote: Quarterbacks Craig Morton, John Elway, Jake Plummer and Jay Cutler all worship “The Greek”. “He is the best trainer in the business and each and every Bronco for the past three decades is indebted to The Greek”
    His No-show doesn’t sound like Cutler worshiped Him to me…

http://850koa.com/cc-common/news/sec...rticle=5158642

This is Lame, I hope the Charity did alright with out Jay. Where is this Pillar of the Community, and The Leader of This TEAM? I thought He was in town. He should’ve been there!

I wonder if Cutler will let down His TEAMATES and The Fan’s on Monday like He let down Dani’s Foundation and Steve Antonopulos?

Lama Lame Lame
    TIME OF POSSESSION ! ! !

GO BRONCOS ! ! !

He is good as gone:go:

Comment

Originally posted by monodono View Post
      Jay Cutler was a no-show at The My Big Greek Roast event Honoring Steve Antonopulos the long time Denver Broncos Head trainer.

The Charity was for Dani’s Foundation which is committed to finding the cause and cure for pediatric sarcomas-rare forms of cancer taking the lives of children and young adults. Cutler was to be a VIP guest and roaster but instead was a No-show. Lame!

A promotional statement on KOA’s ad said quote: Quarterbacks Craig Morton, John Elway, Jake Plummer and Jay Cutler all worship “The Greek”. “He is the best trainer in the business and each and every Bronco for the past three decades is indebted to The Greek”
      His No-show doesn’t sound like Cutler worshiped Him to me…

http://850koa.com/cc-common/news/sec...rticle=5158642

This is Lame, I hope the Charity did alright with out Jay. Where is this Pillar of the Community, and The Leader of This TEAM? I thought He was in town. He should’ve been there!

I wonder if Cutler will let down His TEAMATES and The Fan’s on Monday like He let down Dani’s Foundation and Steve Antonopulos?

Lama Lame Lame

The reasoning behind this that I read earlier was that he didn't want to take away from the charity because of the circus show this has now turned into. Just a side to consider.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Botan View Post
        The reasoning behind this that I read earlier was that he didn't want to take away from the charity because of the circus show this has now turned into. Just a side to consider.
        Botan....

people who just want to find fault will always miss the most logical explanation....
        McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

Does anyone know how well Dani's Foundation did at the fund raiser?
          TIME OF POSSESSION ! ! !

GO BRONCOS ! ! !

Comment

Also, for those questioning Cutler's service to the community and his generosity, you really should read this article.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_11910137

Despite public assurances to the contrary from Dove Valley, it's looking more and more likely that the Broncos' melodrama with their starting quarterback will end badly.

Even if Cutler shows up for the offseason conditioning program Monday, it may be too little too late. Short of a complete Cutler mea culpa, which seems unlikely, this thing may have reached the point of no return.

Putting one of his area homes on the market may or may not even be relevant. I'm told his parents had been staying there while Cutler, when in town, spent most of his time at another place of his in LoDo.

More significant is Cutler's loss of his closest ally at Broncos headquarters. When he failed to return owner Pat Bowlen's phone calls in the midst of his standoff with new coach Josh McDaniels, I'm told Bowlen was apoplectic.

If McDaniels' refusal to come clean about shopping Cutler in trade talks was the eye-opener for the quarterback, Cutler's failure to return his phone calls may have done the trick for Bowlen.

Hardly noticed amid all the hubbub was that McDaniels signed free agent Chris Simms to a two-year, $6 million contract that could go considerably higher based on incentive clauses that will reward him for significant playing time.

Even without the incentives, that's a lot of money to pay someone to hold a clipboard, especially on a team with so many holes to fill and limited money with which to fill them.

You have to wonder why Simms, who bolted Tampa over the lack of opportunity to compete for the starting job, would sign so quickly with a team that gave him no chance to start, which would have been the presumption in Denver up until two weeks ago.

So I have to admit that my earlier assumption may have been dead wrong. I thought even a young coach as apparently sure of himself as McDaniels wouldn't be counting on Simms to start after throwing two NFL passes since 2006.

But assuming Sage Rosenfels wins the starting job in Minnesota, the only quarterbacks I know of making more than Simms to play backup are Vince Young, Matt Leinart and Alex Smith, all of whom signed contracts anticipating they would be starters.

Young and Leinart, Cutler's 2006 draft classmates, have since been supplanted by aging veterans who were supposed to be backups — Kerry Collins and Kurt Warner. It wouldn't make sense for McDaniels to knock down Cutler's trade value by following suit, but it does suggest that trading Cutler remains a real possibility.

The power of the Broncos to shape the thinking of their fans remains as strong as ever. Cutler had very few critics in these parts when Broncos management stood behind him. Now, less than three months after his main sponsor was fired, his critics are everywhere. Talk-show hosts who have never met him feel free to call him a baby on the air with no response from the Broncos. That kind of fissure is hard to repair.

It must have been quite a surprise for Cutler to learn he was just another employee, like you or me, and should act like one. Over the past three years, whenever he didn't comb his hair or wear a tie, someone was quick to point out he held the most high-profile job in Colorado, more prominent than even the governor's.

So which is it? Does he have a job that requires a commitment above and beyond the call, or is he just another working stiff?

True story: Last year, the Rev. Leon Kelly told kids in his Open Door Youth Gang Alternatives program he would have to cancel the summer session for lack of money. Cutler heard about it, wrote a check and the session was restored.

At Christmas, Kelly wanted to do something a little extra for the kids he's trying to keep out of gangs — a party with food and favors. Cutler wrote another check, then showed up to sign autographs. His parents helped set up the tree.

Never said a word or put out a press release either time. In fact, he let teammate Brandon Marshall get the attention for helping Open Door — Marshall gave most of his days off to the program last year — rather than draw attention to himself.

In the wake of the gang-related murder of former Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams, Kelly's was a cause close to the Broncos' hearts. This is what Cutler thought commitment meant. He thought the feeling was mutual. When McDaniels took over, he learned it wasn't. Grow up, he's told now. It's a business. Don't be a baby.

So now he knows. And if he's going, he's ready.
            sigpic

Comment

I know people are wanting to blow this up as just one more sign that things are going badly but it honestly makes a lot of sense, this is for a charity and if cutler did show up it would be come a big deal of lets all pay attention to jay and try and bleed out information about what's going on so we can make a story out of it. I think this was a solid move on jays part.
              sigpic

Comment

This is just one more piece of circumstatial evidence that people want to use to claim the sky is falling.

What's next? "OMG! Jay bought a plane ticket! He's gone for sure, now! Oh noes!!!!11!!!!! WTH!?!??!?!?"

Comment

"know people are wanting to blow this up as just one more sign that things are going badly but it honestly makes a lot of sense, this is for a charity and if cutler did show up it would be come a big deal of lets all pay attention to jay and try and bleed out information about what's going on so we can make a story out of it."

IF everybody pays attention to Jay, a good salesman would use that for the Charity and make some money for Dani's Foundation.
                  TIME OF POSSESSION ! ! !

GO BRONCOS ! ! !

Comment

"know people are wanting to blow this up as just one more sign that things are going badly but it honestly makes a lot of sense, this is for a charity and if cutler did show up it would be come a big deal of lets all pay attention to jay and try and bleed out information about what's going on so we can make a story out of it."

IF everybody pays attention to Jay, a good salesman would use that for the Charity and make some money for Dani's Foundation.
                    Or they could just focus on all the negative things that have happened with this situation, and there would be less focus on the charity.
                    sigpic

Comment

I did the hard work for you and scrolled back up the page.

Comment

The only people Cutler let down at the event was the press. They would have overrun the whole event to ask him about the trade issues. Lets wait and see what happens when it comes time to work. Hopefully he shows up monday ready to work.

Comment

Cutler a no-show at a fund raiser

I'm on Jay's side, but enough is enough Jay.

On Saturday, Cutler was a no-show at a fundraiser at Invesco Field, and team spokesman Patrick Smyth said the quarterback didn't attend because he didn't want to distract from the evening. The fundraiser was in honor of Broncos longtime trainer Steve Antonopulos and raised money to fight children's' diseases.

Time to grow up Jay. You're a big boy, act like it.
                          Superbowl 50 Champs!

Comment

Originally posted by JrtheFreak View Post
                            I'm on Jay's side, but enough is enough Jay.

On Saturday, Cutler was a no-show at a fundraiser at Invesco Field, and team spokesman Patrick Smyth said the quarterback didn't attend because he didn't want to distract from the evening. The fundraiser was in honor of Broncos longtime trainer Steve Antonopulos and raised money to fight children's' diseases.

Time to grow up Jay. You're a big boy, act like it.
                            Jay didn't want the current contreversy to overshadow the event! Why is that being a kid or cry baby? Personally, after the sour meeting with McD earlier in the day, he should have stayed away.

Cutler has said very little or nothing to deserve the backlash he has received. Our unproven coach who has never dealt with matters such as these continues to fan the flames and get a free pass. Maybe it is time some heat is applied on McD!

Comment

Well his reason makes sense. Who wants to go to anything when people will be asking you a bunch of questions regarding your future with the team?

People are blowing every little thing he does/does not do out of proportion.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X