Let's talk some D shall we?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's talk some D shall we?

So how much do you think the Defense has improved just in free agency?

How many spot will they move up as far as defense rankings???

Plus tell me what pieces you would get in the draft and YES you can use a Cutler trade senario to help the team.

BUT PLEASE REFRAIN from turning this thread into a Cutler/McDaniels B.S. thread.

STRICTLY D!!!!

We would be talking about D if the new coach wasn't focusing on re-rebuilding a new offense. Sorry it's the truth

Comment

Originally posted by JDAcord View Post
      So how much do you think the Defense has improved just in free agency?

How many spot will they move up as far as defense rankings???

Plus tell me what pieces you would get in the draft and YES you can use a Cutler trade senario to help the team.

BUT PLEASE REFRAIN from turning this thread into a Cutler/McDaniels B.S. thread.

STRICTLY D!!!!
      It is really hard to tell at this point. I can't figure out if we even have the players left to run a 4-3, and I know we don't have the players to run a 3-4. I think Dawkins and Goodman improve the secondary, and with a healthy Champ that is a good combo, but we all know the secondary is irrelevant if the D-line is still terrible. Can't really see how that has been improved. Maybe Fields is better than his history suggests, I don't know. I can't see how we could get away from drafting a D-lineman. I really wanted Rey Maualuga, but I think inside linebacker is less of a concern at this point, so Raji and Brace seem logical candidates. I'm also hearing a lot of noise about the DE from LSU, Jackson, with the #12 pick. 3-4 DE definitley isn't a sexy pick, but you gotta have 'em, and he's projected to be a great fit at that position.
      I'd love to see Chung late in the second round, but we'd have to pick up another second round pick to do that, and hopefully we won't be parting with Jay, so I'll take Moore with 48 if he's still there.
      I'm a little surprised we didn't make a play for Canty or Olshansky. One of them would have been a real nice pick up. Oh well, not much, with the exception of Dawkins, has really gone the way I had hoped.
      All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Comment

The secondary is good. If we can get some quality front seven players in the draft we may make big strides on defense. The possibilty of Cutler going somewhere else could give us two first rounders at least. If that were the case, I would pick Raji and Jackson out of LSU. That would help our front seven alot. Maybe Cushing as well at number 12. I think our linebackers are good, so if we can get some linemen, we would be an average defense at least next year.
        sigpic

Supporter of COLORADO sports teams. :

Comment

a lot depends on Dumervil and Moss...if they can even be avg OLB's with good pass rush ability it will help a lot. We still need atleast 1 more NT to rotate with fields, and a couple DE's...but yes we have improved our D, but it still needs a lot of work

Comment

How can you talk D when you have no D? lol

Comment

Originally posted by charginragin View Post
              You're smart.
              sigpic

Comment

i have yet to see a legit post from you........

if nolan gets the guys to fit his scheme then it will be a definite improvement from slowik and the one before him, name escapes me though
                Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post
                  i have yet to see a legit post from you........

if nolan gets the guys to fit his scheme then it will be a definite improvement from slowik and the one before him, name escapes me though
                  no matter, phillips , LT, gates and sproles will continue to carve your D up

Comment

still waiting......
                    Glen Haven Fire

Comment

I think this guy became a Charger fan yesterday.
                      sigpic

Comment

Number 2, 3, 4,5 posts are solid legitment post which I agree with. You all make solid points.

This is what I think would make a Jay Cutler trade ok...for the defenses sake.

Trade Jay for the 1st and the 31st pick.

Pick up Curry with the number one and Maulauga with the 12th the linebackers along with Davis and DJ quickly become the best in the league.

The 31st get QB Josh Freeman or Pat White...I know they are a stretch but if McDaniels is so confident in grooming QBs than it shouldnt be a problem.

The rest of the draft pick up a safety ( William Moore preferably) and a NT the guy from Stillman college preferably. than I think a quality product is put on the field defensivly at least.

Offense as you know at this point is @#@T&[email protected]*)(@*)@????#)#(#*?????????

Comment

Guess that means you won't be talking about championships anytime soon.....
                          All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Comment

JD,

Here's my early assessment:

Although Dawkins doesn't have the speed he used to, he will bring back some attitude to the secondary. With a healthy Champ, Brian can help the rest of the secondary and hopefully allow Champ to focus more on coverage, less on run support.

Front 7: My guess at this point is that it will be a hybrid defense because we still don't have the right players to run a full time 3-4. Even with the draft, my guess is it still isn't going to be there forthe 09 season. I believe we need 2 drafts and another round of FA to get to a legit 3-4.

Just my 2 cents...
                            My 2011 adopted poster.........and and

Adopted by: and

Comment

Originally posted by JDAcord View Post
                              Number 2, 3, 4,5 posts are solid legitment post which I agree with. You all make solid points.

This is what I think would make a Jay Cutler trade ok...for the defenses sake.

Trade Jay for the 1st and the 31st pick.

Pick up Curry with the number one and Maulauga with the 12th the linebackers along with Davis and DJ quickly become the best in the league.

The 31st get QB Josh Freeman or Pat White...I know they are a stretch but if McDaniels is so confident in grooming QBs than it shouldnt be a problem.

The rest of the draft pick up a safety ( William Moore preferably) and a NT the guy from Stillman college preferably. than I think a quality product is put on the field defensivly at least.

Offense as you know at this point is @#@T&[email protected]*)(@*)@????#)#(#*?????????
                              You mean trade Cutler to Detroit? Detroit dont have the #31 pick (It belongs to Arizona). They have the #20 and #33 though.

I say trade Cutler to Detroit for the #1 and #33.
                              Pick Curry at #1
                              Trade down the #12 for a late 1st and early-mid 2nd.
                              Pick Jackson/English for the late 1st.
                              Pick Brace/Gilbert for the #33
                              Pick Sintim/Barwin/Delmas/Chung for the early-mid 2nd
                              Pick a QB at #48 Freeman/Harell/Willy

Comment

Working...
                              X