Let's talk some D shall we?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
    a lot depends on Dumervil and Moss...if they can even be avg OLB's with good pass rush ability it will help a lot. We still need atleast 1 more NT to rotate with fields, and a couple DE's...but yes we have improved our D, but it still needs a lot of work
    So far neither one has been outstanding playing the run and it's going to be entertaining seeing if they can drop back in pass coverage.

I'm not holding my breath.
    You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

The way it stands, this is the defensive line-up, isn´t it:

DE-Kenny Peterson
      NG-Carlton Powell
      DE-Ronnie Fields

OLB-D.J. Williams
      ILB-Andra Davis
      ILB-Wesley Woodyard
      OLB-Boss Bailey

CB-Champ Bailey
      S-Brian Dawkins
      S-Renaldo Hill
      CB-Andre´ Goodman

It´s cool, but not fantastic. I would say they´ve very much left it up in the air so far. These guys could develop and really gel, and maybe even become great. But does this look like a we´re back with force line-up from the get go? I would say no.
      Give such a defense, I might hedge my bets with them. But am I bamboozled and wowed. No.
      mooncamping is a new Cleveland Browns fan

Comment

Cutler/Sheffler for Julius Peppers / Delhomme
        The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

What and give the Panthers Trouble, with a capital T? Wishfull thinking dude.

Comment

Originally posted by mooncamping View Post

DE-Kenny Petersoncorrect
            NG-Carlton PowellNT ron feilds
            DE-Ronnie Fieldsmarcus thomas

OLB-D.J. Williams
            ILB-Andra Davis
            ILB-Wesley WoodyardLarson
            OLB-Boss Baileymoss,crowder or doom

CB-Champ Bailey
            S-Brian Dawkins
            S-Renaldo Hill
            CB-Andre´ Goodman

It´s cool, but not fantastic. I would say they´ve very much left it up in the air so far. These guys could develop and really gel, and maybe even become great. But does this look like a we´re back with force line-up from the get go? I would say no.
            Give such a defense, I might hedge my bets with them. But am I bamboozled and wowed. No.
            Ron Fields is the NT as of now. Thomas and Petterson will be the starting ends. Woodard is way to small for 3-4 ILB maybe Larson but not Woodard. DJ,Moss,Crowder and Doom will be the OLB and we will not draft one till later rounds. With reports of Tyson Jackson bombing his pro day his stock will drop also he is smaller than your Typical 3-4 DE. Your DE don't need to be sack master but need to be able to stop the run which Peterson and Thomas can do. I still see the Broncos picking up Rey Mauluaga if Raji dosen't fall. That would solidify our LB. In the 2nd we look at Ron Brace if he is not there we look at DE. My mock is below I haven't updated my sig but it would be a nice draft.

1) Rey Maualuaga ILB
            2) Jarron Gilbert,Fili Moala, Ziggy Hood DE or Michael Johnson, Aaron Maybin, Conor Barwin OLB (if Ron Brace aint available)
            3) Matt Shaughnessy or Lawrence Sidury if we to DE in the 2nd, Dorrell Scott or Chris Baker, Mitch King if we went OLB
            4) Sherrod Martin, Chip Vaughn S
            5) Jasper Brinkley ILB or Sammie Lee Hill NT
            5) David Veikune OLB, Pannel Egboh DE, Courtney Green FS/SS
            6) Glover Quinn CB
            7) Wopamo Osaisai CB
            7) Matt Slauson OG

Rey will solidify our LB core. You can get DE and OLB threw out this draft but a true 3-4 ILB are hard to come bye. This draft is deep and I think guy like Gilbert will be better the Tyson Jackson who is a one year wonder. Mitch King and Dorrell Scott are both 3-4 DE and are built like one. Just my thaughts at least. Flame away....

Comment

It looks like you intend to bench the better players again.
              The fans should be alerted, that mediocrity will be a possibility, once again.

Comment

Originally posted by mooncamping View Post

DE-Kenny Peterson
                NG-Carlton Powell
                DE-Ronnie Fields

OLB-D.J. Williams
                ILB-Andra Davis
                ILB-Wesley Woodyard
                OLB-Boss Bailey

CB-Champ Bailey
                S-Brian Dawkins
                S-Renaldo Hill
                CB-Andre´ Goodman

According to this, our draft sucks.
                sigpic

Supporter of COLORADO sports teams. :

Comment

Working...
                X