OLB-D.J. Williams
    ILB-Andra Davis
    ILB-Wesley Woodyard
    OLB-Boss Bailey

CB-Champ Bailey
    S-Brian Dawkins
    S-Renaldo Hill
    CB-Andre´ Goodman

It´s cool, but not fantastic. I would say they´ve very much left it up in the air so far. These guys could develop and really gel, and maybe even become great. But does this look like a we´re back with force line-up from the get go? I would say no.
    Give such a defense, I might hedge my bets with them. But am I bamboozled and wowed. No.
    According to this, our draft sucks.

Leave a comment:

• mooncamping
    replied
    It looks like you intend to bench the better players again.
    The fans should be alerted, that mediocrity will be a possibility, once again.

Leave a comment:

• kona bronco
    replied
    Originally posted by mooncamping View Post
    The way it stands, this is the defensive line-up, isn´t it:

DE-Kenny Petersoncorrect
    NG-Carlton PowellNT ron feilds
    DE-Ronnie Fieldsmarcus thomas

OLB-D.J. Williams
    ILB-Andra Davis
    ILB-Wesley WoodyardLarson
    OLB-Boss Baileymoss,crowder or doom

CB-Champ Bailey
    S-Brian Dawkins
    S-Renaldo Hill
    CB-Andre´ Goodman

It´s cool, but not fantastic. I would say they´ve very much left it up in the air so far. These guys could develop and really gel, and maybe even become great. But does this look like a we´re back with force line-up from the get go? I would say no.
    Give such a defense, I might hedge my bets with them. But am I bamboozled and wowed. No.
    Ron Fields is the NT as of now. Thomas and Petterson will be the starting ends. Woodard is way to small for 3-4 ILB maybe Larson but not Woodard. DJ,Moss,Crowder and Doom will be the OLB and we will not draft one till later rounds. With reports of Tyson Jackson bombing his pro day his stock will drop also he is smaller than your Typical 3-4 DE. Your DE don't need to be sack master but need to be able to stop the run which Peterson and Thomas can do. I still see the Broncos picking up Rey Mauluaga if Raji dosen't fall. That would solidify our LB. In the 2nd we look at Ron Brace if he is not there we look at DE. My mock is below I haven't updated my sig but it would be a nice draft.

1) Rey Maualuaga ILB
    2) Jarron Gilbert,Fili Moala, Ziggy Hood DE or Michael Johnson, Aaron Maybin, Conor Barwin OLB (if Ron Brace aint available)
    3) Matt Shaughnessy or Lawrence Sidury if we to DE in the 2nd, Dorrell Scott or Chris Baker, Mitch King if we went OLB
    4) Sherrod Martin, Chip Vaughn S
    5) Jasper Brinkley ILB or Sammie Lee Hill NT
    5) David Veikune OLB, Pannel Egboh DE, Courtney Green FS/SS
    6) Glover Quinn CB
    7) Wopamo Osaisai CB
    7) Matt Slauson OG

Rey will solidify our LB core. You can get DE and OLB threw out this draft but a true 3-4 ILB are hard to come bye. This draft is deep and I think guy like Gilbert will be better the Tyson Jackson who is a one year wonder. Mitch King and Dorrell Scott are both 3-4 DE and are built like one. Just my thaughts at least. Flame away....

Leave a comment:

• mooncamping
    replied
    What and give the Panthers Trouble, with a capital T? Wishfull thinking dude.

Leave a comment:

• dizzolve
    replied
    Cutler/Sheffler for Julius Peppers / Delhomme

Leave a comment:

• mooncamping
    replied
    The way it stands, this is the defensive line-up, isn´t it:

DE-Kenny Peterson
    NG-Carlton Powell
    DE-Ronnie Fields

OLB-D.J. Williams
    ILB-Andra Davis
    ILB-Wesley Woodyard
    OLB-Boss Bailey

CB-Champ Bailey
    S-Brian Dawkins
    S-Renaldo Hill
    CB-Andre´ Goodman

Leave a comment:

• rogue719
    replied
    Originally posted by Den615 View Post
    a lot depends on Dumervil and Moss...if they can even be avg OLB's with good pass rush ability it will help a lot. We still need atleast 1 more NT to rotate with fields, and a couple DE's...but yes we have improved our D, but it still needs a lot of work
    So far neither one has been outstanding playing the run and it's going to be entertaining seeing if they can drop back in pass coverage.

I'm not holding my breath.

Leave a comment:

• bahn
    replied
    Originally posted by JDAcord View Post
    Number 2, 3, 4,5 posts are solid legitment post which I agree with. You all make solid points.

This is what I think would make a Jay Cutler trade ok...for the defenses sake.

Trade Jay for the 1st and the 31st pick.

Pick up Curry with the number one and Maulauga with the 12th the linebackers along with Davis and DJ quickly become the best in the league.

The 31st get QB Josh Freeman or Pat White...I know they are a stretch but if McDaniels is so confident in grooming QBs than it shouldnt be a problem.

The rest of the draft pick up a safety ( William Moore preferably) and a NT the guy from Stillman college preferably. than I think a quality product is put on the field defensivly at least.

Offense as you know at this point is @#@T&[email protected]*)(@*)@????#)#(#*?????????
    You mean trade Cutler to Detroit? Detroit dont have the #31 pick (It belongs to Arizona). They have the #20 and #33 though.

I say trade Cutler to Detroit for the #1 and #33.
    Pick Curry at #1
    Trade down the #12 for a late 1st and early-mid 2nd.
    Pick Jackson/English for the late 1st.
    Pick Brace/Gilbert for the #33
    Pick Sintim/Barwin/Delmas/Chung for the early-mid 2nd
    Pick a QB at #48 Freeman/Harell/Willy

Leave a comment:

• kmcgough25
    replied
    JD,

Here's my early assessment:

Although Dawkins doesn't have the speed he used to, he will bring back some attitude to the secondary. With a healthy Champ, Brian can help the rest of the secondary and hopefully allow Champ to focus more on coverage, less on run support.

Front 7: My guess at this point is that it will be a hybrid defense because we still don't have the right players to run a full time 3-4. Even with the draft, my guess is it still isn't going to be there forthe 09 season. I believe we need 2 drafts and another round of FA to get to a legit 3-4.

Just my 2 cents...

Leave a comment:

• Letswinplz77
    replied
    Originally posted by charginragin View Post
    How can you talk D when you have no D? lol
    Guess that means you won't be talking about championships anytime soon.....

Leave a comment:

• JDAcord
    replied
    Number 2, 3, 4,5 posts are solid legitment post which I agree with. You all make solid points.

This is what I think would make a Jay Cutler trade ok...for the defenses sake.

Trade Jay for the 1st and the 31st pick.

Pick up Curry with the number one and Maulauga with the 12th the linebackers along with Davis and DJ quickly become the best in the league.

The 31st get QB Josh Freeman or Pat White...I know they are a stretch but if McDaniels is so confident in grooming QBs than it shouldnt be a problem.

The rest of the draft pick up a safety ( William Moore preferably) and a NT the guy from Stillman college preferably. than I think a quality product is put on the field defensivly at least.

Offense as you know at this point is @#@T&[email protected]*)(@*)@????#)#(#*?????????

Leave a comment:

• IHSD
    replied
    no matter, phillips , LT, gates and sproles will continue to carve your D up
    I think this guy became a Charger fan yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• armedequation
    replied
    still waiting......

Leave a comment:

• charginragin
    replied
    Originally posted by armedequation View Post
    i have yet to see a legit post from you........

if nolan gets the guys to fit his scheme then it will be a definite improvement from slowik and the one before him, name escapes me though

Leave a comment:

• armedequation
    replied
    How can you talk D when you have no D? lol
    i have yet to see a legit post from you........

if nolan gets the guys to fit his scheme then it will be a definite improvement from slowik and the one before him, name escapes me though

Leave a comment:

Working...
X