To all those who blame Cutler for 17-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DrunkPanda View Post
    people have been defending jay, saying that we are "12-1 when our defense allows less than 27 points" (or whatever they say) and that jay would have dominated if our defense didn't cost him every game. this is completely false.

look at THESE stats, which are unbiased and not manipulated to serve an agenda:
    09/28 @ KC L 19-33
    10/12 JAC L 17-24
    10/20 @ NE L 7-41
    11/02 MIA L 17-26
    11/23 OAK L 10-31
    12/14 @ CAR L 10-30
    12/21 BUF L 23-30
    17 12/28 @ SD L 21-52

yes, that is correct. in all of our losses, we scored less than 21 points in every single one, except for the last two. the buffalo game, jay had the season in his hands and overthrew a wide open receiver in the endzone and blew it for us. in the san diego game, we scored 13 points through the first 3 quarters. both of them were long touchdown runs from tatum bell.

so yes, the defense DID suck in most of our losses. but our offense sucked EQUALLY as much, those were team losses and you can't say "jay was not to blame, we would have won more games if our defense didn't suck".

i found these stats while i was looking up jay and cassel's season stats to see how they compare. i was surprised to find that cassel compared very favorably with jay. cassel actually had a higher average yards per completion than jay, higher completion percentage, higher qb rating, slightly less touchdowns thrown and much less interceptions thrown.

maybe mcdaniels WASN'T so stupid to try to trade for cassel. he is obviously much more mature than jay as well
    Now that your wish appears to be coming true with Cutler being gone, it will be interesting to see how your new QB will do. Let's all remember DrunkPanda and see what he posts about what surely will be a better QB than Jay Cutler next year.

Comment

• i didn't wish for cutler to be gone... all i wished for was cutler to not be a little baby. i don't think i've ever said one critical thing about jay until this offseason. i liked him and would have preferred it if he was our starter this year. but at the same time, i'm not going to support him if he's not going to play for my team. and the world isn't going to end if he gets traded, many people here overrate how good he was. his potential is great, but his play to date has just been better than average, not great

Comment

• Originally posted by DrunkPanda View Post
        i didn't wish for cutler to be gone... all i wished for was cutler to not be a little baby. i don't think i've ever said one critical thing about jay until this offseason. i liked him and would have preferred it if he was our starter this year. but at the same time, i'm not going to support him if he's not going to play for my team. and the world isn't going to end if he gets traded, many people here overrate how good he was. his potential is great, but his play to date has just been better than average, not great
        Thats what people were excited about...HIS POTENTIAL he was already a top tier QB easily top 10 he could be 1-3 if he matures and makes better decisions! We'll never know though i guess...and it won't matter to us anymore after hes not a bronco anymore

Comment

• personally, i don't think he'll ever reach that potential. quarterbacks are supposed to mentally tough but jay was visibly rattled at many points during the season (and his childish behavior). and he'll most likely be going to a bottom feeder team, considering the good teams aren't desperate for a quarterback. he had a good thing going in denver. great group of receivers and tightends. great offensive line. he's not going to have that with his new team

Comment

Working...
          X