Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Josh Barrett?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Josh Barrett?

    Is there any chance of him beating out Renaldo Hill for a starting spot beside Dawkins?

    Just looking for thoughts.

  • #2
    Originally posted by mx_stiles13 View Post
    Is there any chance of him beating out Renaldo Hill for a starting spot beside Dawkins?

    Just looking for thoughts.
    Possibly, but probably not.

    I really like this kid, and with Dawkins here and Slowik out, I think he can be developed into a pretty good safety.

    I think maybe next year he could be a serious candidate for the starting job next year, just not this year. I think Hill will beat him out of it.
    Very happy to have Tebow in orange and blue!!!

    Team Tebow #16

    Comment


    • #3
      If Denver had any plans for Barrett they wouldn't have went after Dawkins, Hill and Jim Leonard. It's clear that the new regime doesn't have much respect for many current players, apparently they'd rather have other teams backups.......

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by stnzed View Post
        If Denver had any plans for Barrett they wouldn't have went after Dawkins, Hill and Jim Leonard. It's clear that the new regime doesn't have much respect for many current players, apparently they'd rather have other teams backups.......
        Or, it's possible that the new regime brought in players who are more than capable of being starters for the organization now and can help groom the younger players for the next few years. If Jay can get over the fact that McD hurt his feelings and we manage to fill a few more key roles on defense, it's a real possiblity that we can be contenders again before too long. McD will implement his offense and take advantage of what we've got and what he brings in, while bringing in players to improve the defense and give us a more balanced team.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Weapon X View Post
          Or, it's possible that the new regime brought in players who are more than capable of being starters for the organization now and can help groom the younger players for the next few years. If Jay can get over the fact that McD hurt his feelings and we manage to fill a few more key roles on defense, it's a real possiblity that we can be contenders again before too long. McD will implement his offense and take advantage of what we've got and what he brings in, while bringing in players to improve the defense and give us a more balanced team.
          Suit yourself, you see capable starters, I see other teams backups.......whether or not they can start for Denver is beside the point, their starters suck.......the point is they targeted stop-gappers, they didn't sign a single player that should be considered a long-term asset.

          Denver already had backups, they need legitimate starters......

          Comment


          • #6
            Barrett has superior combination of height, weight and speed like Taylor Mays. But he still lacks awareness and technique. It's up to him. He needs to watch a lot of film, and now he will have a great chance to learn some things with Dawkins. 3-4 defense is tough for an average FS, but Barrett has potential to be great. His body is ready, his mind is not (yet). He is a physically gifted player but he also takes bad angles and misses too many tackles (or tackles his own teammate). This year will be very important for him, having Dawkins as a teacher and a new coaching staff waiting for some impression. Renaldo Hill is not a difference maker at FS, but he is still ahead of Barrett.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              So let me get this right Dawkins, Hill and Barrett are all FS but who do we have playing SS ???

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by 15thebeast View Post
                So let me get this right Dawkins, Hill and Barrett are all FS but who do we have playing SS ???
                I don't think it really matters, they will just throw out the 2 best players...

                I could see Barrett playing the Big Nickle roll, when the TE is on the field in passing situations, much like Sam Brandon did.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Barrett will probably play a situational role. I sure hope he can get on the field though because he has potential.
                  sigpic

                  Supporter of COLORADO sports teams. :

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Barrett should count his blessings that he survived "the purge" and work his ass off in camp.
                    sigpic

                    And THAT'S, the Cosmic Perspective.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Not really a chance this year. Next year though, when all of these old fogeys we have back there now move on to pasture, hopefully he will be much better prepared to start. As Rod said, he lacks the football knowledge aspect. This can improve with time and experience. I liek Barrett, I think he has a lot of upside.
                      sigpic

                      I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
                      SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        maybe he'll develop under the tutelage of Dawkins
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by 15thebeast View Post
                          So let me get this right Dawkins, Hill and Barrett are all FS but who do we have playing SS ???
                          Hill is a solid FS and our probable starter. Dawkins and Barrett have been FS's, but should both be SS's. Dawkins has lost a step and Barrett is awful in zone coverage. I'm guessing Dawkins is our SS for the next couple years until Barrett is ready to replace him. In the meantime, we'll be able to field a great 3S nickle and if we draft a good cover FS, good depth and future at S.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Barrett's got all the tools - size, speed and brains. I think Nolan will be feeling good about this guy after watching him cover up Tony G. He'll be competitive in camp; he may take one of the safety spots. More likely we'll see him in a situational role...I think we may also see him used as a big nickel because he fits that role perfectly.
                            sigpic

                            Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

                            Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X