Jarvis Moss 3-4 OLB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jarvis Moss 3-4 OLB?

Will Jarvis Moss succeed as an OLB? I'm curious what everyone thinks. From what I read before all the Drama came out with the Cutler/McDaniels situation Moss had been told they were going to attempt to put him at that position. So, I'm kind of curious what everyone's perception is on this?

IMHO, he looks much more like a 3-4 OLB than a 4-3 DE.
    sigpic

Comment

He's much more comfortable in a 3-4 set anyway. But this should also be the last year of the experiment. If he doesn't pan out this season, it may be time to cut him loose. Hopefully, he'll be more impressive in a more natural formation.
      sigpic

Supporting McD since 2009.

Adopted Bronco....Daniel Graham!

Adopted by Chillez! :salute!:

Comment

I was under the impression that he was hand picked by the older Bates to be an OLB anyway...
        sigpic

And THAT'S, the Cosmic Perspective.

Comment

I believe he'll be a better OLB than DE ... but how good he becomes is still unclear. The key for him will be to prove he can perform in coverage as required. During last season, Joe Collier commented that he believed Jarvis could become an effective OLB in the mold of Simon Fletcher ... assuming he got the backpeddling, etc down as required when not rushing.

We'll see ...

Comment

Originally posted by knoxman36and2 View Post
            Will Jarvis Moss succeed as an OLB? I'm curious what everyone thinks. From what I read before all the Drama came out with the Cutler/McDaniels situation Moss had been told they were going to attempt to put him at that position. So, I'm kind of curious what everyone's perception is on this?
            Has he gotten any stronger. If not, I don't see him lasting much longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Gr3yStreet View Post
              I was under the impression that he was hand picked by the older Bates to be an OLB anyway...
              He was drafted to play DE. Bates uses fast pass rushers that line up wider than traditional 4-3 DEs.
              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
              You Mad Bro?
              Don’t Be A Mean Girl
              Hell No!!! To the Texans Quarterback!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RodSmithRules View Post
                He's much more comfortable in a 3-4 set anyway. But this should also be the last year of the experiment. If he doesn't pan out this season, it may be time to cut him loose. Hopefully, he'll be more impressive in a more natural formation.
                He's never been a linebacker. DE is his natural position.

I do think that this will be his last year to prove he can play in the NFL though, at least with the Broncos. With Bates now the DC in Tampa, Moss might get one more shot if he fails in Denver.
                My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                You Mad Bro?
                Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

He can't really be worse at OLB than he has been at DE.... I think he'll be fine. His build reminds me of DeMarcus Ware (Height: 6-4 Weight: 262). Jarvis is Height: 6-6 Weight: 265. Should should be big enough. Hopefully he can put up 1/2 the numbers that Ware does.

Comment

Originally posted by berlownacyo7s View Post
                    He can't really be worse at OLB than he has been at DE.... I think he'll be fine. His build reminds me of DeMarcus Ware (Height: 6-4 Weight: 262). Jarvis is Height: 6-6 Weight: 265. Should should be big enough. Hopefully he can put up 1/2 the numbers that Ware does.
                    He actually finished the season south of 250.

I am curious to know if he was able to accomplish what he set out to do in the offseason. His plan was to work on core and leg strength. This would enable him to put weight and strength on that would be sustainable through the season. Last year he lost all of the weight he put on in the offseason in the first month of camp I do believe.

I think this is something he should have been able to attain because when you look at pictures of him his legs were like sticks. In one picture he looked more like a wide receiver than even a linebacker.

He could have easily put on ten to fifteen pounds in the offseason by simply focusing on his core and his legs. Let's hope he did it.
                    sigpic
                    Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                      He was drafted to play DE. Bates uses fast pass rushers that line up wider than traditional 4-3 DEs.
                      I'm not saying your wrong, but I remember reading plenty about how he was a good fit for a "roving elephant DE".

I'll admit I have no idea what that mans though.
                      sigpic

And THAT'S, the Cosmic Perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Gr3yStreet View Post
                        I'm not saying your wrong, but I remember reading plenty about how he was a good fit for a "roving elephant DE".

I'll admit I have no idea what that mans though.
                        I'm not sure, but, I think elephant is a reference to an OLB position in a 3-4 defense. Coming out of college, Moss was thought to be a candidate to play OLB in a 3-4 defense. Some were speculating that Dallas might have taken him if he had been available to them. I remember seeing mock drafts that had the Steelers taking him. Word is that he did well in linebacker drills at the combine.
                        You Mad Bro?
                        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

I believe he will succeed as long as he is protected by the d-line....
                          Bein that he is kind of slight and cant shed blocks very well....
                          I guess it mostly depends on that and his speed...

Comment

Originally posted by neutessa View Post
                            I believe he'll be a better OLB than DE ... but how good he becomes is still unclear. The key for him will be to prove he can perform in coverage as required. During last season, Joe Collier commented that he believed Jarvis could become an effective OLB in the mold of Simon Fletcher ... assuming he got the backpeddling, etc down as required when not rushing.

We'll see ...
                            Well for his sake he better hope he's a better OLB than a DE because as a DE I don't see him making it in this league, maybe as a situational pass rusher and thats only if he's on a team that really sucks at pass rush. He's just not very strong to get that push he needs, add to that the fact he's not quick enough to make up for his weak upper body. What Shanny ever saw in this kid, especially enough to trade up for him, I will never know.

Comment

I don't think he'll ever pan out. I didn't see any signs from him that he could be a better player as LB. I think they're trying to save him as an investment gone bad. I hope I'm worng, but I just don't see it...
                              sigpic
                              I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

Working...
                              X