X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Broncos will give Marcus Thomas a chance to start at nose tackle

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...rt=NFL&id=4364
    :go:
    i like him a lot since college i really think he could be a very good nt if he add some weight, what do you guys think?
    Last edited by sniperyus; 03-25-2009, 01:09 PM.

http://www.denverpost.com/sportshead...317?source=rss

There's the DP article it links to.

I'm not sure he has the size needed to be a true NT in a 3-4. I like the idea of Elvis moving around and creating mismatches though!

Comment

I am happy he is getting a shot. But I have a feeling he will lose this battle.

Comment

i really like marcus thomas alot, but being realistic, from what ive seen he is not big enough to play there, and i also dont think he has the strength or mean streak to get it done, though i would love to be proved wrong on this

Comment

I don't think Thomas will make it as a NT. If he can't play DE, I think he could find himself as a situational player that only comes in on passing downs.

When he was drafted to play in Bates scheme, it didn't make sense at the time because everyone was saying that the DTs were supposed to play a 2 gap scheme. The analysis of Thomas coming out of college is that he was not a fit for a 2 gap scheme. I think it is unlikely that Thomas will be good at fighting off double teams even if they play a 1 gap scheme when in the 3-4 alignment.

My guess is that either Fields or Parker will win the starting NT job if one is not drafted.
          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
          You Mad Bro?
          Don’t Be A Mean Girl
          Hell No!!! To the Texans Quarterback!!!

Comment

All he has to do is lift more weights and eat more doughnuts..... I think he'd be better off to lose a little weight and play DE.

Comment

Originally posted by halfback View Post
              i really like marcus thomas alot, but being realistic, from what ive seen he is not big enough to play there, and i also dont think he has the strength or mean streak to get it done, though i would love to be proved wrong on this
              you and me both
              sigpic

Comment

All the talk about the dl led me to think about Powell.I don't know much about him but other posters seem pretty high on him. What do people think about his chances ? I hope he is as good as some believe he is.

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                  I don't think Thomas will make it as a NT. If he can't play DE, I think he could find himself as a situational player that only comes in on passing downs.

When he was drafted to play in Bates scheme, it didn't make sense at the time because everyone was saying that the DTs were supposed to play a 2 gap scheme. The analysis of Thomas coming out of college is that he was not a fit for a 2 gap scheme. I think it is unlikely that Thomas will be good at fighting off double teams even if they play a 1 gap scheme when in the 3-4 alignment.

My guess is that either Fields or Parker will win the starting NT job if one is not drafted.

In a 3-4 you 2 gap. head up on the center. 4-3 is the 1 gap system... But I am with you. I just am not that sure MT can fill the NT roll. I would like to see him lose about 10 lbs and play a little 5 teqh
                  Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dakotabroncofan View Post
                    All the talk about the dl led me to think about Powell.I don't know much about him but other posters seem pretty high on him. What do people think about his chances ? I hope he is as good as some believe he is.
                    I agree

I thought if we were going to give the NT job to anyone it would be Powell.

Comment

Originally posted by IDI I3R0NC0 IBI View Post
                      I am happy he is getting a shot. But I have a feeling he will lose this battle.
                      im with you on this one. for one if he cant protect the linebackers then moss will look like scum. then it will be a domino effect i say no. get a big body out there this is a new scheme for us the NT is the most important factor in the 3-4. but i bet he does better then haynesworth

Comment

Working...
                      X