Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Expanded Regular Season (18 games proposal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who would have wanted last season to be two games longer?

Comment

I'll tell you, while I'd like this the one thing that actually makes me say NO, is the fact that all the records that have been set during the 16 game era would be overtaken... 2000 yard rushers won't be so rare anymore, 5k yard seasons will happen more often than just twice ever. I know that we used to have 14 game seasons, but I'm content with 16 for the sake of record integrity.

Comment

Anytime we can get rid of two meaningless preseason game to add 2 more action packed weeks of NFL football is a good thing.

Sign me up.
        [IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by Apoc13 View Post
          who would have wanted last season to be two games longer?
          I'm of the belief that we would have won those last two games, made the playoffs.....and Shanny would still be our coach.

Comment

Originally posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
            I'll tell you, while I'd like this the one thing that actually makes me say NO, is the fact that all the records that have been set during the 16 game era would be overtaken... 2000 yard rushers won't be so rare anymore, 5k yard seasons will happen more often than just twice ever. I know that we used to have 14 game seasons, but I'm content with 16 for the sake of record integrity.
            I agree, I guess Selvin will have to aim for 2500yds. then lol

Comment

Good estimate: preseason should be no more than 1/5th the length of regular season. Imagine how this would turn the burners up on all our training camps and get our players well-conditioned for a bit longer trek. I like it.

Comment

Working...
              X