Rediculous power rankings..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Caped Crusader View Post
    The guy has the Texans in the top 10, if you couldn't figure out that he was mentally challenged after seeing that...

I like the Texans to compete for a playoff spot next year. A lot of young talent coming together and an offense that is pretty explosive. if Schaub can stay healthy.... Indy has a new coach, and the Titans will come down to earth.

Comment

Originally posted by broncofan2415 View Post
      Yea, this guy is a complete moron. Chuggers at 4? Give me a break
      Over the past 5 years, the Chargers have the 4th best record in the NFL. Not that much of a stretch to rank them at #4 with Rivers, LT, Gates, Merriman healthy to begin the season.

Comment

its cutlerakagod..... chuckle chuckle

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeSince77 View Post
          I would bet my house we finish above the Faiders...
          You'd better hold onto your house! The If the Broncos trade Jay Cutler and have someone like Chris Simms as the starting QB they will be lucky to win 6 games. 4 or 5 is more like it.

The schedule is brutal, the defense is certainly not any better at this point than last year. McDaniels got rid of a lot of useless trash on defense, but he has yet to bring in any really good defenders either.

Brian Dawkins is older and slower than John Lynch was when he came here. The Eagles let him go because he was a liability in pass-coverage.

The team is trying to learn an new defensive system for the 3rd time since 2005 -- with their 3rd defensive coordinator.

We've been down this road before! Lots of scrub FAs, plus a few unproven draft picks does NOT make the defense any better. Only top draft picks who actually pan out will do that (unless they were to break the bank on FA veterans like Albert Haynesworth or something -- which they wisely aren't doing).

All in all, this is a rebuilding team and without Cutler, basically the Broncos are the Detroit Lions.

You may not like hearing that, but it's just true. The one thing holding this team from total ineptitude was having a decent pro-bowl caliber QB. Detroit, the Rams, the 49ers and other teams drafting ahead of Denver do not. (KC was one of those teams but they now have Cassel, assuming that he proves to be more than a 1 year wonder).

About the only hope is that McDaniels now realizes privately that he's totally screwed without Cutler (name a replacement who doesn't (a) suck or (b) take 3 years (like Matt Stafford) to learn to play in the NFL), and despite his massive ego will try and find a way to fix things.

He'd better -- for his sake. Bowlen may be totally supporting his new head coach but as McDaniels himself put it "he's not happy."

Bowlen might not blame McDaniels for this fiasco, but that won't save McDaniels job if the team doesn't win. And without a QB it's hard to win in this league.
          Last edited by Cugel; 03-27-2009, 03:07 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

just based on last year + playoffs, the chargers are ranked a shade too high

they finished as the 5th or 6th best team i believe (taking playoffs into account)

denver's also ranked way too low for a 7-9 team
            sigpic

Comment

seriously power rankings in MARCH, no draft no training camp, nothing is set yet.

but if the broncos keep cutler they should be as good as last year maybe a bit better depending on the draft and how the 3-4 comes together.
              if man is 5 and jay cutler is 6 then that must make john elway 7

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel View Post
                You'd better hold onto your house! The If the Broncos trade Jay Cutler and have someone like Chris Simms as the starting QB they will be lucky to win 6 games. 4 or 5 is more like it.

The schedule is brutal, the defense is certainly not any better at this point than last year. McDaniels got rid of a lot of useless trash on defense, but he has yet to bring in any really good defenders either.

Brian Dawkins is older and slower than John Lynch was when he came here. The Eagles let him go because he was a liability in pass-coverage.

The team is trying to learn an new defensive system for the 3rd time since 2005 -- with their 3rd defensive coordinator.

We've been down this road before! Lots of scrub FAs, plus a few unproven draft picks does NOT make the defense any better. Only top draft picks who actually pan out will do that (unless they were to break the bank on FA veterans like Albert Haynesworth or something -- which they wisely aren't doing).

All in all, this is a rebuilding team and without Cutler, basically the Broncos are the Detroit Lions.

You may not like hearing that, but it's just true. The one thing holding this team from total ineptitude was having a decent pro-bowl caliber QB. Detroit, the Rams, the 49ers and other teams drafting ahead of Denver do not. (KC was one of those teams but they now have Cassel, assuming that he proves to be more than a 1 year wonder).

About the only hope is that McDaniels now realizes privately that he's totally screwed without Cutler (name a replacement who doesn't (a) suck or (b) take 3 years (like Matt Stafford) to learn to play in the NFL), and despite his massive ego will try and find a way to fix things.

He'd better -- for his sake. Bowlen may be totally supporting his new head coach but as McDaniels himself put it "he's not happy."

Bowlen might not blame McDaniels for this fiasco, but that won't save McDaniels job if the team doesn't win. And without a QB it's hard to win in this league.
                I agree that if Cutler is gone we're in for a very long season, but I'd be very surprised if he's anywhere other than Denver this year. I may be looking through "orange" colored glasses, but I think our defense is already better than last year and if we're only as good as last year, we'll still be better than Oakland.

Comment

Originally posted by The Caped Crusader View Post
                  The guy has the Texans in the top 10, if you couldn't figure out that he was mentally challenged after seeing that...
                  Why might I ask does the Texans being top 10 surprise you they have a great young team who is within 2 years of being a very serious contendor with the likes of
                  Mario Williams
                  Demeco Ryans
                  Amobe Akoye
                  Dunta Robinson
                  Andre Johnson
                  Steve Slaton
                  Assuming Schuab stays healthy I would not be surprised at all to see them taking the division this year. And if not this year then next year

Lets also not forget
                  No more Hayneswoth in Tennesse
                  No more Dungy in Indianapolis

Comment

Well I guess its a good thing games are decided on the football field rather than on paper huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel View Post

The chances of Cutler being our QB are better than good, I think, unless he flat out refuses to play for us.
                      As for the schedule being brutal, yes, it is, but that's the same schedule all the teams on the AFC West will be playing, so that won't give the Raiders any advantage over us in any form
                      if Simms is our QB, we will have to see how that pans out. The premium will be put on McD abilities to turn an average QB into a "system QB" that could actually have some success
                      The draft, I agree with you there; it's a crapshoot. There are some potentially great defensive players who could immediately contribute and have an impact in their first year...
                      sigpic
                      I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

Working...
                      X