Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Denver to start the season at HOME, vs. the Cowboys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver to start the season at HOME, vs. the Cowboys!!

The new Texas Stadium will open in the same way the old one closed — in prime time.

Hopefully for the Cowboys, the outcome will be better this time.

According to Calvin Watkins of the Dallas Morning News, the first two regular-season games to be played at the new Texas Stadium will kick off at night.

This likely means that the Cowboys will play their first home game on Sunday night and their second home game on Monday night, or vice-versa.

Last year, the Cowboys hosted the Eagles on Monday night in Week Two and played at Green Bay on Sunday night in Week Three.

Watkins reports that the Cowboys are expected to open the regular season at Denver. Last year, Dallas also started the season with a road game against an AFC team, traveling to Cleveland.

Possible candidates for the Cowboys’ first two home games include the Redskins, Eagles, Giants, Falcons, Panthers, Seahawks, and Chargers.

The league has announced that the Cowboys will host the Raiders on Thanksgiving.
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...in-prime-time/

Finally, we open up at HOME, against the Cowboys.

Which means plenty of press to watch our first win of the season
    Administrator

sigpic

Awesome home opener. Nationally Televised game for sure. I will be at my perch in the southstands drinking Blue Moons, and hopefully not cursing the heavens as Chris Simms underthrows recievers before suffering a season ending injury.

Comment

Originally posted by Brody Epic View Post
      Awesome home opener. Nationally Televised game for sure. I will be at my perch in the southstands drinking Blue Moons, and hopefully not cursing the heavens as Chris Simms underthrows recievers before suffering a season ending injury.
      Interesting prediction
      Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brody Epic View Post
        Do you ever talk about anything besides Jay Cutler, Josh McDaniels or how bad Chris Simms will be?
        sigpic

Supporter of COLORADO sports teams. :

Comment

Originally posted by I Hate SD Alot View Post
          Do you ever talk about anything besides Jay Cutler, Josh McDaniels or how bad Chris Simms will be?

You're pretty much an @ss to everyone aren't u
          The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
            You're pretty much an @ss to everyone aren't u
            No. I just don't want his comments to turn this thread into one that bashes Cutler, McDaniels and Simms. Thats all.

I'd rather talk about Brian Dawkins getting two sacks and a forced fumble on Tony Romo.
            sigpic

Supporter of COLORADO sports teams. :

Comment

Originally posted by I Hate SD Alot View Post
              You forgot the Lonny Paxton signing.

Comment

Nice!

My seat is just waitin for me to get back! Section 128 Rulz!
                sigpic

And THAT'S, the Cosmic Perspective.

Comment

pretty good game
                  i think wes hould've played the eagles first
                  would've been great :go:
                  Team Tebow Member #14

Comment

Wow that is awesome, one of my better friends is a Cowboys fan and we will finally get a meaningful game to watch.
                    sigpic

Comment

So it's either going to be an epic victory or an epic defeat.

Oh gawd hopefully it won't be like any other beginning of the season games where it goes down to the very last seconds.

I just want them to cream the Cowboys. :go:

Comment

It would be cool to open the season against the Cowboys. We will all have to wait and see when the full season schedule is released in a matter of weeks to see if indeed the Broncos will be opening the season at home.

Comment

With the current running game the Cowboys have, we had better get some help in our front seven or we could open with a home loss.

Although that wouldn't be too surprising considering the regime change and all. How did Baltimore and Atlanta open last year...(looks it up at NFL.com)?

Both home wins, but Miami had a loss at home to start and their season wasn't so bad.
                          Last edited by armchair scout; 03-29-2009, 03:20 PM. Reason: add
                          vote HILLIS in 2009!

Comment

I hope that we play Dallas the first game of the saeson. will be a good chance for us to prove to all te doubters that we can play a caliber team and do well. hopefully with a win.

:go:
                            Kyle Orton Army #24sigpic

Comment

EEK we have not been doing well at home..hopefully that changes.

Comment

Working...
                              X