Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the fans who followed the Broncos in the 80's..

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by BroncosRockdaRockies View Post
    Well by the time Elway was in his 3rd year he knew how to check down his recievers and knew better than not to throw into double or triple coverage. And I am sure if someone looked up his turnover stats I guarantee you they weren't in the Red Zone the way Jay "Crybaby" Cutler likes to do.
    Hah, oh man you really don't remember John as well as you think you do. He had 23 picks his third year, and had 4 years in his career where he had 17 or more picks.
    Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by floridabroncos View Post
      Hah, oh man you really don't remember John as well as you think you do. He had 23 picks his third year, and had 4 years in his career where he had 17 or more picks.
      well I believe what i wrote was the fact that how many of John's turnovers were in the red zone. I don't believe I denied the fact he had turnovers did I?

      Comment


      • #33
        its impossible to say what would really happen..if the games were kept close there's no telling what Elway could do. There were a few games that just got out of hand (NE, CAR, SD) that it would of been impossible to make a comeback, but overall I think John would of gotten the same come from behind win in CLE, Scored without controversy against SD, and led game winning drives at home against JAX MIA & BUF.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #34
          Elway averaged one superbowl appearance every three years. Not one playoff appearance every three years...One SUPERBOWL appearance every three years.


          Now, to answer the question.

          All things being equal, the Broncos had to win just one game coming down the stretch.

          No way on Gods green earth Elway would have lost three in a row, with a shot at the playoffs.

          I dont care if we had the worst defense in the league, seven RBs on IR, and and the fans were leaving every game early......Elway would have willed us to at least one win. Guaranteed.


          Call me a homer....I truly believe there is no possible way Elway would have lost all three of those games. I mean.......Buffalo for heck sakes?????



          Comment


          • #35
            People need to not compare the stats of modern QB's to past QB's. Back in the 80's for a DB to be flagged for PI he basically had to pull out a knife and stab him before the ball got there. After the ball arrives.... Everyone was fair game. There are so many new rules to help the offensive skill players, and the pass rushers. So comparing Cutlers picks/ yards/ TD's vs. Elways is really unfair to Elway. But if they were both on the same team. I garauntee the Cutler would be riding the pine and Elway would be the starter. Elway WAS a once in a lifetime QB. A QB that everyone reguards as one of the top 5 QB's to ever play the game. Cutler is just a player that is coming into his own. Yeah he might be great, but just being great isnt up to Elway's lvl
            Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

            Comment


            • #36
              I am not trying to bash anyone but for all those saying John would have won one more game we would off been in, but would he have won the other 8 that we needed I am not so sure I love John, but, in terms of QB Cutler is better, just John was the greatest athlete to play QB that is what made him so dangerous. I just think he would of gone 7-9 maybe even worse

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by alexandira View Post
                I am not trying to bash anyone but for all those saying John would have won one more game we would off been in, but would he have won the other 8 that we needed I am not so sure I love John, but, in terms of QB Cutler is better, just John was the greatest athlete to play QB that is what made him so dangerous. I just think he would of gone 7-9 maybe even worse
                I think these are the words of someone young that never really got to watch Elway play.. but purely basing this opinion on replays and stats... none of which give a person the true perspective of just how GOOD Elway was at QB.

                John was NOT just some "great athlete" on the field. John Elway was the greatest QB to play the game..... period. As much as I love the ability of Cutler.. there is NO WAY you can say he's a better QB at this point of his early/young career.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by cadencesdad View Post
                  Elway averaged one superbowl appearance every three years. Not one playoff appearance every three years...One SUPERBOWL appearance every three years.


                  Now, to answer the question.

                  All things being equal, the Broncos had to win just one game coming down the stretch.

                  No way on Gods green earth Elway would have lost three in a row, with a shot at the playoffs.

                  I dont care if we had the worst defense in the league, seven RBs on IR, and and the fans were leaving every game early......Elway would have willed us to at least one win. Guaranteed.


                  Call me a homer....I truly believe there is no possible way Elway would have lost all three of those games. I mean.......Buffalo for heck sakes?????
                  I can't say you are wrong one bit... but.. the fact remains that Elway didn't go to the playoffs if/when his team gave up 400+ points. Now that doesn't mean he wouldn't have done it this past year... but lets not forget that is a HUGE stat that includes EVERY QB that has played since moving to 16 game season.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    First of all I would like to point out I actually went to Elways first career start, so I did follow him his career. He was great, but I would put him in the mold of a ben roethlisberger, just much much much better not to be an insult, just great scrambler, hard to bring down, and great at making plays when there is nothing there, and I know I will get bashed for this but the reason Elways made alot of 4th quarter combacks is because his defense could keep them in the game, something Roethlisberger has and Cutler does not, in terms of passer he really doesn't have the ability of Cutler, at least in comparison for their thrid years. He did have a stronger arm, but was not as accurate and didn't read defenses, even though they were simpler, so in terms of 3rd year ability Cutler is the better passer.
                    Last edited by alexandira; 03-30-2009, 08:47 PM. Reason: left how much better elways was than Ben

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                      John Elway was the greatest QB to play the game..... period. As much as I love the ability of Cutler.. there is NO WAY you can say he's a better QB at this point of his early/young career.
                      Honestly, even as a Charger fan, Cutler is no where near Elway's league.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X