Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cutler's gets a bad rap on interceptions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutler's gets a bad rap on interceptions!

Why does he get such a bad rap about his interceptions? Have you all forgotten how many interceptions Elway through? I did a little research and came up with this....

Cutler averages 1 interception thrown per game.
    Elway averaged .97 interceptions thrown per game.
    Plummer averaged 1.2 interceptions thrown per game.
    Griese averages 1.1 interceptions thrown per game.

If you ask me, he isn't any worse than these former Broncos QBs at tossing interceptions, and none of them ever passed for over 4500 yards!

Elway was the man, but Cutler is damn good too! He deserves some respect.
    Last edited by Breezer; 03-29-2009, 04:05 PM. Reason: typo
    If you love NFL stats and history
    pro-football-reference.com
    jt-sw.com/football

Originally posted by Breezer View Post
    Why does he get such a bad rap about his interceptions? Have you all forgotten how many interceptions Elway through? I did a little research and came up with this....

If you ask me, he isn't any worse than these former Broncos QBs at tossing interceptions, and none of them ever passed for over 4500 yards!

Plummer and griese dont even count because they had nowhere the talent that jay does so expectations werent high for those 2 bums

Elway won 2 superbowls

And jay cutler well yeah ..

Comment

Originally posted by Breezer View Post

I agree about that. A lot of the fans here come across as incredibly spoiled like they are entitled to something. I don't mean that in a disrespectful manner but I find it quite puzzling how many people here consistently **** on Cutler as if he is anything less than a top 10 QB and one of the best pure passers in the game.
      sigpic

Comment

For all the people that say jay made 2 many mistakes that cost the team just look at the packers record this past year ....

That would have been us if cutler didnt take all those chances

Basically the packers were the same team as us last year

Comment

Elway had average offensive talent around him for the longest time.

Cutler makes mistakes with great receiving targets and a top pass blocking offensive line. He doesn't distribute the ball as much as he should.

Comment

Originally posted by Justblaze2729 View Post
            Plummer and griese dont even count because they had nowhere the talent that jay does so expectations werent high for those 2 bums

Elway won 2 superbowls

And jay cutler well yeah ..
            The Denver Broncos won two SB's, not Elway.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mx_stiles13 View Post

Cutler makes mistakes with great receiving targets and a top pass blocking offensive line. He doesn't distribute the ball as much as he should.
              Elway may not have had the same offensive talent around him, but he had a much better defense! That defense was pretty damn good in 1984 and 85.
              If you love NFL stats and history
              pro-football-reference.com
              jt-sw.com/football

Comment

i agree, whatever excuses fans want to make for cutler you can't deny that cutler has the best recievers and blockers that ANY broncos QB has had....maybe ever. but then again a running game wouldn't help....

btw, on your sig, marshall looks REALLY furious maybe you could try flipping the picture?
                disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheJackal View Post
                    The Denver Broncos won two SB's, not Elway.
                    Semantics fella, semantics. TD won two SBs. Mark Schlereth won three SBs. Mike Lodish won two SBs and played in six. You see how that works. Dan Fouts won zero SBs. LT won zero SBs. You get the picture.

Comment

[QUOTE=broncos1997;2672734]i agree, whatever excuses fans want to make for cutler you can't deny that cutler has the best recievers and blockers that ANY broncos QB has had....maybe ever. QUOTE]

I'd trade our line and wrs for those on the 98/99 teams in a friggin second. Youd be crazy if you didnt make that trade.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Justblaze2729 View Post
                        For all the people that say jay made 2 many mistakes that cost the team just look at the packers record this past year ....

That would have been us if cutler didnt take all those chances

Basically the packers were the same team as us last year
                        The packers had a much better defense than us.
                        sigpic

Comment

Thats not accurate. The problem is, you haven't shown you know what a QB should do, nor show any knowledge in how a QB should "distribute" the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos1997 View Post
                            i agree, whatever excuses fans want to make for cutler you can't deny that cutler has the best recievers and blockers that ANY broncos QB has had....maybe ever. but then again a running game wouldn't help....

btw, on your sig, marshall looks REALLY furious maybe you could try flipping the picture?
                            Really? you think our OL and WRs are better than what we had during the SB years with Schlereth, Zimmerman, and a healthy Nalen????

You think our WRs were better than a top Rod Smith and top Ed McCaffrey along with Shannon Sharpe???

I think you are showing your young age.

Comment

Originally posted by NYJets 4 Life View Post
                              I agree about that. A lot of the fans here come across as incredibly spoiled like they are entitled to something. I don't mean that in a disrespectful manner but I find it quite puzzling how many people here consistently **** on Cutler as if he is anything less than a top 10 QB and one of the best pure passers in the game.
                              I just like to quote the visiting fans that are posting from non divisional teams. Thanks for your perspective

Comment

Working...
                              X