Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cutler's gets a bad rap on interceptions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• acpell671
    replied
    Originally posted by floridabroncos View Post
    Don't forget him making a fool out of Demorrio Williams. He reminds me so much of Favre (in good ways). Not afraid of anyone, fiery, and willing to take big risks for potential big rewards. I'm sorry but I just can't see why some people hate Cutler. I can understand frustration over the whole mess, but to just hate on the guy is quite frankly confusing to me. Most fans would kill to have a guy like this to root for at QB. When did my fellow Broncos fans lose their taste for the thrill of never knowing what will happen on the field. I think the SBs spoiled many of us. I remember what it was like to watch John before those SBs. It was an up and down rollercoaster ride, and although it ended up in disappointment as many times as success, it was always fun, even watching the losses was fun because you just never knew what would happen but you always knew that John would never quit until 00:00 on the clock.
    Agreed. I don't understand some people either. This year was the first in a long while that I actually got overly excited over a win and extremely heartbroken over a loss. Football is fun again. :go:

Some argue that no player is bigger than the team (which I think applies anywhere and is just a bogus argument) and that people shouldn't get attached to great players or coaches because it's a business. Well you know what? I'm a consumer and I like a lot of the players we have on staff. And as a consumer, I don't like what McD & Xanders have done to this organization in a matter of months. It's just mind blowing!

Leave a comment:

• floridabroncos
    replied
    Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    I'm with ya, man. I think there's just too much of a "Madden mentality". People honestly think you can just plug in some other dude and your team will magically be perfect.

Cutler is very good and those who refuse to see it will never be satisfied because NO QB will ever live to their standards.
    Well, let's face it. In some people's minds, no one will ever live up to John unless they win 3 Super Bowls. I know that we'll never replace John Elway. He's my favorite pro athlete and one of my personal heroes because of his never give up approach to football and his leadership skills. He led by example and made those around him better players. That debate on the Lions forum about Elway is a ****ing joke because they have never even seen a real football legend other than Barry Sanders and they even drove him from the game of football.

John will always be a legend to me and others who grew up with Broncos football, but to hold any current QB who's only been in the league a handful of years to that standard is nuts. And the funny thing is, statistically, Cutler is far ahead of Elway at the three year mark on so many levels. I have no idea what Cutler will end up being known as. Will he be the next Elway, or the next Jeff George, or the next Marino (all of the stats, none of the trophies)? Who knows. But I look forward to the journey.

Leave a comment:

• RocketArm006
    replied
    Don't forget him making a fool out of Demorrio Williams. He reminds me so much of Favre (in good ways). Not afraid of anyone, fiery, and willing to take big risks for potential big rewards. I'm sorry but I just can't see why some people hate Cutler. I can understand frustration over the whole mess, but to just hate on the guy is quite frankly confusing to me. Most fans would kill to have a guy like this to root for at QB. When did my fellow Broncos fans lose their taste for the thrill of never knowing what will happen on the field. I think the SBs spoiled many of us. I remember what it was like to watch John before those SBs. It was an up and down rollercoaster ride, and although it ended up in disappointment as many times as success, it was always fun, even watching the losses was fun because you just never knew what would happen but you always knew that John would never quit until 00:00 on the clock.

I'm with ya, man. I think there's just too much of a "Madden mentality". People honestly think you can just plug in some other dude and your team will magically be perfect.

Cutler is very good and those who refuse to see it will never be satisfied because NO QB will ever live to their standards.

Leave a comment:

• floridabroncos
    replied
    How many just SICK throws has he made so far - a ton. Ya, he makes some head shaking mistakes, but he is super fun to watch. He has a live arm, throws well on the run, throws well in the pocket, can scramble, throws blocks. Dude is a FOOTBALL PLAYER who is listed @ QB.:salute!:

Leave a comment:

• RocketArm006
    replied
    Amen. And I'll take the INTs and such because hell, Jay is as fun to watch as John was. I've had to suffer through 7 years of watching mediocre QBs after we lost John and even during wins it just wasn't fun. Broncos football is fun again, even in the losses, because we have a guy who, god forbid, likes to take chances and believes he can make every throw on the field and won't back down from a challenge.
    How many just SICK throws has he made so far - a ton. Ya, he makes some head shaking mistakes, but he is super fun to watch. He has a live arm, throws well on the run, throws well in the pocket, can scramble, throws blocks. Dude is a FOOTBALL PLAYER who is listed @ QB.:salute!:

Leave a comment:

• floridabroncos
    replied
    Honestly, this debate is getting a little monotonous.

Cutler haters will continue to focus on ints and win/loss records until he wins a SB. There is no talking sense into people who are completely closed minded on the subject.

I am a Cutler fan, and I don't pretend that he is perfect. He makes mistakes, but he provides way more good than bad on the field.

Too many people think that this is a game of Madden and you can just draft a QB with an OVR 90 and AWR 90 and everything else will fall into place. Cutler is a very good QB and he is young. He is doing very well considering his age and the state of the team. Perfect, no, but to think that he is a problem with this team is incorrect.
    Amen. And I'll take the INTs and such because hell, Jay is as fun to watch as John was. I've had to suffer through 7 years of watching mediocre QBs after we lost John and even during wins it just wasn't fun. Broncos football is fun again, even in the losses, because we have a guy who, god forbid, likes to take chances and believes he can make every throw on the field and won't back down from a challenge.

Leave a comment:

• RocketArm006
    replied
    Honestly, this debate is getting a little monotonous.

Cutler haters will continue to focus on ints and win/loss records until he wins a SB. There is no talking sense into people who are completely closed minded on the subject.

I am a Cutler fan, and I don't pretend that he is perfect. He makes mistakes, but he provides way more good than bad on the field.

Too many people think that this is a game of Madden and you can just draft a QB with an OVR 90 and AWR 90 and everything else will fall into place. Cutler is a very good QB and he is young. He is doing very well considering his age and the state of the team. Perfect, no, but to think that he is a problem with this team is incorrect.

Leave a comment:

• Breezer
    replied
    Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
    Cutler's bad decisions had a great impact because we had no defense to bail him out. Going back to the game against the Dolphins, we could have won even after Cutler's 3rd pick. But what happened? They scored a field goal, ok. Then Cutler threw a beautiful pass and Hillis made a great catch and run, Marshall suffered pass interference and Hillis scored a TD. We were back in the game. But our defense was pathetic. We allowed endless first downs with that 10-yard cushion, their WRs ran hook routes all the way. They turned a 3rd and 19 into a 4th and 1 and then got the 1st down. Pass deep to Ricky Williams, Louis Green on the coverage, complete pass. Goal line play, Ronnie Brown runs free to the right as someone blew Engelberger and Winborn was too slow to react, besides he stumbled on Nate Webster. Cutler still got the ball back and almost threw a long TD pass to Marshall, who dropped the ball in the endzone. Cutler threw 3 interceptions against the Dolphins. With our defense, it's tough to win after suffering 3 turnovers. Cutler and the offense had to win the games by themselves because our defense was very giving.

A qb doesn't throw for 4500 yards in one season by making bad decisions!

Leave a comment:

• Breezer
    replied
    Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I don't know what you consider accurate.. but throwing the ball 616 times and completing over 62% of your passes.. is accurate. Don't give me it was because he threw the 'dink-n-dunk' passes, either. Because Cutler's yardage per pass wasn't low compared to the other big passers in the NFL.

Cutler: 7.3
    Warner: 7.7
    Manning: 7.2
    Brees: 8
    Rothlesburger: 7

YOu say that Cutler "doesn't distribute the ball"... thats not true either. Compare the number of receivers that Cutler hits on average per game compared to some of the other big passers.

Cutler: 6.8
    Warner: 6.8
    Manning: 6.4
    Brees: 8

So how is it he doesn't distribute the ball enough, and only locks onto Marshall?? Is it because Marshall caught over 100 passes?? So did Welker and Andre Johnson. Fitz did last year... Boldin has in the past. How come you don't say the same thing about Manning to Harrison when Harrison caught over 100 passes in '99, 2000, '01, and '02??

I've backed up my reasoning over and over again, yet you haven't provided a single ounce of "back-up" to any of your ridiculous statements. The only thing you've expressed, is an uneducated opinion. Thats fine, thats what the boards are about, giving opinions. But lets just call a spade a spade and express to everyone that you don't really have any 'knowledgeable' viewpoints or facts on this opinion.

Fantastic post!!! You are a true Broncos fan.

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    Originally posted by Incomplete84 View Post
    Thats awesome and all, tell me if I am wrong here. But it almost sounds like you expected cutler and the offense to win the games all by themselves.
    Cutler's bad decisions had a great impact because we had no defense to bail him out. Going back to the game against the Dolphins, we could have won even after Cutler's 3rd pick. But what happened? They scored a field goal, ok. Then Cutler threw a beautiful pass and Hillis made a great catch and run, Marshall suffered pass interference and Hillis scored a TD. We were back in the game. But our defense was pathetic. We allowed endless first downs with that 10-yard cushion, their WRs ran hook routes all the way. They turned a 3rd and 19 into a 4th and 1 and then got the 1st down. Pass deep to Ricky Williams, Louis Green on the coverage, complete pass. Goal line play, Ronnie Brown runs free to the right as someone blew Engelberger and Winborn was too slow to react, besides he stumbled on Nate Webster. Cutler still got the ball back and almost threw a long TD pass to Marshall, who dropped the ball in the endzone. Cutler threw 3 interceptions against the Dolphins. With our defense, it's tough to win after suffering 3 turnovers. Cutler and the offense had to win the games by themselves because our defense was very giving.

Leave a comment:

• JakeNbake
    replied
    Cutler threw the ball 616 times last year he was intercepted 18 times, this works out to a whopping 3%. I'll take those numbers. END OF DISCUSSION.

Leave a comment:

• Incomplete84
    replied
    Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
    We have to consider when and how Cutler throws his interceptions. Some are acceptable, some are unfortunate, others are just awful. Last season, for example. Against the Jaguars, he was facing a 3rd and long. So, he simply threw a deep ball and tried his luck. The ball was intercepted in the Jaguars territory, it wasn't much different from a punt. But against the Dolphins, he just lost the focus.

After the referees cancelled Marshall's TD reception, Cutler showed he was clearly upset with the call. 3rd and 24 in the beginning of the 4th quarter, Miami was winning by only 6 points. Pittman was all alone, wide open to receive a short pass and run for extra yardage, but the infuriated Cutler just thought "oh, whatever, I'll just sling it". So, he threw an awful ball towards Stokley who was completely covered. Even Daniel Graham was a good target deep in the middle, poorly covered one on one. The Dolphins intercepted the ball and regained possession in our territory, scoring a field goal.

There were picks when Cutler threw the ball to option routes and the WR went to a different direction. Such thing happened against the Browns, and after the game Marshall said it was his fault. So, Cutler was unfortunate. Overall, he can improve his stats and our chances of winning just by avoiding the senseless risky throws against triple coverage when he is frustrated with the game.
    Thats awesome and all, tell me if I am wrong here. But it almost sounds like you expected cutler and the offense to win the games all by themselves. I know this WHOLE topic is a dead horse beatin one to many times but, given we had any type of defense last year, we would have held the keys to the west all the way through. I am pretty sure you, me, and 9 other guys could get out there and do the same thing on defense we did last year.

Cutler and some bad throws and picks? Sure I give that to you, he needs to improve on that ALOT. But his 3rd year and we expect a superbowl appearance. Big Ben gets there 2 times only because of that defense, not because he is a good QB. (that throw to win the game at the end was really good though, but a throw QB's should be able to make, followed by terrible defense) Young mistakes that will get worked out, but lets come together and hope that this year is better than any we have had in a while!

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    We have to consider when and how Cutler throws his interceptions. Some are acceptable, some are unfortunate, others are just awful. Last season, for example. Against the Jaguars, he was facing a 3rd and long. So, he simply threw a deep ball and tried his luck. The ball was intercepted in the Jaguars territory, it wasn't much different from a punt. But against the Dolphins, he just lost the focus.

After the referees cancelled Marshall's TD reception, Cutler showed he was clearly upset with the call. 3rd and 24 in the beginning of the 4th quarter, Miami was winning by only 6 points. Pittman was all alone, wide open to receive a short pass and run for extra yardage, but the infuriated Cutler just thought "oh, whatever, I'll just sling it". So, he threw an awful ball towards Stokley who was completely covered. Even Daniel Graham was a good target deep in the middle, poorly covered one on one. The Dolphins intercepted the ball and regained possession in our territory, scoring a field goal.

There were picks when Cutler threw the ball to option routes and the WR went to a different direction. Such thing happened against the Browns, and after the game Marshall said it was his fault. So, Cutler was unfortunate. Overall, he can improve his stats and our chances of winning just by avoiding the senseless risky throws against triple coverage when he is frustrated with the game.

Leave a comment:

• SlyBronco
    replied
    Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    You said Cutler doesn't distribute the ball. If he's purely locking onto Marshall, then he wouldn't be distributing the ball to more receivers than Manning does. Guess what.. the #1 WR on a team, normally gets the most balls thrown at him, especially when you have a stud like Marshall on the team. Especially on 3rd and long. Thats your go-to guy, thats who you WANT to throw the ball to.

I'm not saying Jay didn't mis-read or lock onto him on occasion. I know that ALLLLL QBs do that. I know all QBs lock onto "their" guy on big situations and long downs... thats normal. Especially for a young QB. But you try and make it sound as if its absurdly in one direction. You make it sound as if his numbers aren't in match with some of the top in the NFL.. and they ARE.

So your complaints that he doesn't know how to read a defense, doesn't distribute the ball enough, and isn't accurate.... just isn't factual.
    While I agree with all your points. That last one still needs a better statistic. I don't think that Cutler locks on to Marsh to much (some games I think he did). But just saying he throws the ball to 7 different people a game isn't the stats I want to see.

I guess I'm just asking if you have a statistic on the percentage of throws to BMarsh, Compared to other top QB's in the league.

Leave a comment:

• 12and4
    replied
    Originally posted by Justblaze2729 View Post
    Plummer and griese dont even count because they had nowhere the talent that jay does so expectations werent high for those 2 bums

Elway won 2 superbowls

And jay cutler well yeah ..
    elway won 2 superbowls is your argument? Jay's not even at his prime (or close to it) yet. Elway won 2 in his last 2 years.... just wait with cutler he will win a few in a row in a couple years...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X