Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cutler's gets a bad rap on interceptions!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by StugotsII View Post
    Elway was no saint when it came to INT's and only really improved that at the end of his career.

    PS. Averaging one INT a game is terrible.
    WOULD THAT IMPROVEMENT COINCIDE WITH THE EMERGENCE OF THE FAMOUS BRONCO RUNNING GAME?...you know something cutler is lacking
    sigpic
    when do native Americans become human and not mascots

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by Pura Vida View Post
      The packers had a much better defense than us.
      Exactly so that says that much more about how amazing it was that cutler got this team to 8 wins

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
        Elway won them at the end of his career, and he also had a solid defense throughout his career.

        Also it should be noted that Elway threw more INT's than Cutler in his first 3 years... in fact his 3rd year he threw 23 INT's. He also had the 2nd best defense in the NFL his 2nd year (points allowed).

        Cutler's done damn good for having to deal with the pressure of constantly knowing you have to score, and dealing with 7-8 defenders in the backfield due to an absent running game via 7 IR RB's.
        I know elway threw tons of ints during the start of his career my point is until cutler wins a superbowl some people will always call him out on that
        Last edited by Justblaze2729; 03-30-2009, 02:55 PM.

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by AC1 View Post
          I'm not going to disagree with the general notion of the post, but the line in bold is something I'm often curious about. I've seen games where they show replays of a Cutler interception or incompletion and another receiver looks open. However, they never really show the field at the point when Cutler is about to make the throw (i.e. the field he sees). They invariably begin the replay focusing on Cutler in the backfield and follow the trajectory of the ball to the targeted receiver. It is at this point that we notice that someone else may have been open or single-covered (which is kinda obvious because the defenders flow in the direction of the throw). I don't know if it's fair to look at these replays and conclude that the other guy was truly open.

          The only people who knew how well Cutler read defenses were Shanahan and Bates. If he did indeed read defenses poorly or make poor decisions relative to the play called, they would have limited his role in the offense (as Shanahan had no hesitation doing with Plummer). The fact that Cutler's responsbilities only grew would indicate that Shanahan had complete confidence in Cutler's ability to process his complicated, weekly-changing playbook, read opposing defenses and make good decisions. I think that tells us everything we need to know about Cutler's decision-making process.
          Ok I can see what your saying, but I'm saying that IMO, a lot of his deep passes were questionable, basically because a good portion of his deep throws were thrown into double coverage. This brings me to conclude that their was probably a higher percentage pass somewhere else on the field if the guy he was throwing to was doubled (as not every1 can be double covered).

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by iowabronco24 View Post
            Ok I can see what your saying, but I'm saying that IMO, a lot of his deep passes were questionable, basically because a good portion of his deep throws were thrown into double coverage. This brings me to conclude that their was probably a higher percentage pass somewhere else on the field if the guy he was throwing to was doubled (as not every1 can be double covered).
            If it is so easy to be a professional QB in the NFL why don't you try out? Then come back and tell us why didn't make the team!
            If you love NFL stats and history
            pro-football-reference.com
            jt-sw.com/football

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by Breezer View Post
              If it is so easy to be a professional QB in the NFL why don't you try out? Then come back and tell us why didn't make the team!
              Wow, good one.

              Never said it was easy buddy, just said that his decisions making is questionable at times. Am I wrong? I really don't understand what your trying to prove here.

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by iowabronco24 View Post
                Wow, good one.

                Never said it was easy buddy, just said that his decisions making is questionable at times. Am I wrong? I really don't understand what your trying to prove here.
                Thanks, no offense to you! I am just pointing out that we all get too carried away with thinking that we have all the answers to something we really have no knowledge or experience with. It is all in fun, my Iowa friend! I am originally from Iowa! Now in Minnesota. Broncos fan since 1977!!! Where about in Iowa are you?
                If you love NFL stats and history
                pro-football-reference.com
                jt-sw.com/football

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by Breezer View Post
                  Thanks, no offense to you! I am just pointing out that we all get too carried away with thinking that we have all the answers to something we really have no knowledge or experience with. It is all in fun, my Iowa friend! I am originally from Iowa! Now in Minnesota. Broncos fan since 1977!!! Where about in Iowa are you?
                  Bettendorf (right next to Davenport/Quad City area). Go to school at Iowa now. You?

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by iowabronco24 View Post
                    Bettendorf (right next to Davenport/Quad City area). Go to school at Iowa now. You?
                    Wow! My dad is originally from Bettendorf! If you know of any Huscko's they are related to me (my dad's mothers side). I lived most of my childhood in Cherokee Iowa, about an hour east of Sioux City. Moved to Minnesota in 1984 at the age of 17 and have been here ever since!
                    If you love NFL stats and history
                    pro-football-reference.com
                    jt-sw.com/football

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by iowabronco24 View Post
                      Ok I can see what your saying, but I'm saying that IMO, a lot of his deep passes were questionable, basically because a good portion of his deep throws were thrown into double coverage. This brings me to conclude that their was probably a higher percentage pass somewhere else on the field if the guy he was throwing to was doubled (as not every1 can be double covered).
                      He had to throw into double coverage because with our defense giving up points by the gallon and our running game not instilling any fear into the opposing defense, they would drop 7 and 8 back waiting for the pass.
                      Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X