Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peyton Hillis

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Momentum View Post
    I'm about to start calling him the great hope if some of you dont quit it with him. He is a 10 touch guy. Goal line, short yards, all that good stuff. He isn't a threat to take it the distance. He is NOT a RB and will have a very short career if you make his bull in a china shop runs the feature of an offense. He is a great blocker, short pass catcher, and power back. Use him as such. A legit back is NEEDED and will make our offense so much more dynamic. Imagine Shady McCoy and Hillis in the same backfield... think of what kind of fits DC's would have... now imagine Hillis back there with some schmo FB... see my point...
    So I am guessing you think the Giants shouldn't re-sign Jacobs and should take "Shady McCoy" in the first round?

    R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
    J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
    R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

    Comment


    • Shonn Green anyone ?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post
        Shonn Green anyone ?
        --->

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48HAiaY3vps


        sigpic


        FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor



        :cool:

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Momentum View Post
          I'm about to start calling him the great hope if some of you dont quit it with him. He is a 10 touch guy. Goal line, short yards, all that good stuff. He isn't a threat to take it the distance. He is NOT a RB and will have a very short career if you make his bull in a china shop runs the feature of an offense. He is a great blocker, short pass catcher, and power back. Use him as such. A legit back is NEEDED and will make our offense so much more dynamic. Imagine Shady McCoy and Hillis in the same backfield... think of what kind of fits DC's would have... now imagine Hillis back there with some schmo FB... see my point...
          I bet the Jets would have loved to see Hillis only touching the ball 10 times, this way he would not own them with 122 rushing yards. Is he just a short pass catcher? Ask Foxworth or the Dolphins defense.Considering that McD came from the Patriots, it is possible that we rarely put a FB on the field. I think Hillis can do better than Brandon Jacobs, he's faster, more agile, catches the ball better and also runs over people.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Cutler2007 View Post
            So I am guessing you think the Giants shouldn't re-sign Jacobs and should take "Shady McCoy" in the first round?
            Ahmad Bradshaw/Derrick Ward and he STILL took too many hits.

            PWNED.

            Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
            I bet the Jets would have loved to see Hillis only touching the ball 10 times, this way he would not own them with 122 rushing yards. Is he just a short pass catcher? Ask Foxworth or the Dolphins defense.Considering that McD came from the Patriots, it is possible that we rarely put a FB on the field. I think Hillis can do better than Brandon Jacobs, he's faster, more agile, catches the ball better and also runs over people.
            Pifffft.

            Someone said it best. Alstott had the same skills and was a better player and no one pissed and moaned for him to move to RB.

            Just stop. He is going to be a FB/Multipurpose back and some other player WILL start at RB. Quote me! Get mad! Hahahaha

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Momentum View Post
              Pifffft.

              Someone said it best. Alstott had the same skills and was a better player and no one pissed and moaned for him to move to RB.

              Just stop. He is going to be a FB/Multipurpose back and some other player WILL start at RB. Quote me! Get mad! Hahahaha
              --->

              Hillis is WAY MORE athletic than Alstott.........he has more speed, his hands are arguably better..........and he runs with the same authority.

              Hillis a well rounded entire package........he provides a threat in the backfield not only as a pass-catcher, but a guy that can rack up 100 yards with 20+ carries each game........he's a tough kid........and exactly what this team needs to change its identity to hard-nose


              sigpic


              FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor



              :cool:

              Comment


              • Peyton Hillis is one of those RARE players who makes every one around him perform better, just by his mere presence. That becomes contageous. Eddie Royal might be that kind of player too. They are difference makers, not just play makers.

                Get a couple of guys like that on the defensive side of the ball and the Broncos will have a well rounded team that can compete for titles and championships.

                Casey Wiegeman (among others on the team) believes the loss of Hillis to injury was the ultimate cause of the Broncos season ending collapse. Hillis' play would definitely have made a difference in the outcomes of those last four games.

                We are talking about a guy who incorporates dragging a pick up truck uphill as part of his training regimen . . . I mean, my GAWD, how BEASTLY is THAT??? Peyton has the talent and desire to set records in Denver. Already he shares a very longstanding one with Floyd Little, having a 100 yd. rushing game AND a 100 yd. receiving game in the same season. Given the chance I believe Peyton could accomplish both in the same GAME. He is the kind of player who can completely take over and dominate a game and, if he is provided the opportunity, he will set new rushing records for the Broncos.:salute!:
                uhhh,this ain't Lou from Aurora

                Comment


                • Originally posted by xxxlibertine View Post
                  Peyton Hillis is one of those RARE players who makes every one around him perform better, just by his mere presence. That becomes contageous. Eddie Royal might be that kind of player too. They are difference makers, not just play makers.

                  Get a couple of guys like that on the defensive side of the ball and the Broncos will have a well rounded team that can compete for titles and championships.

                  Casey Wiegeman (among others on the team) believes the loss of Hillis to injury was the ultimate cause of the Broncos season ending collapse. Hillis' play would definitely have made a difference in the outcomes of those last four games.

                  We are talking about a guy who incorporates dragging a pick up truck uphill as part of his training regimen . . . I mean, my GAWD, how BEASTLY is THAT??? Peyton has the talent and desire to set records in Denver. Already he shares a very longstanding one with Floyd Little, having a 100 yd. rushing game AND a 100 yd. receiving game in the same season. Given the chance I believe Peyton could accomplish both in the same GAME. He is the kind of player who can completely take over and dominate a game and, if he is provided the opportunity, he will set new rushing records for the Broncos.:salute!:
                  well said, sir, well said.......cp to you :salute!:


                  sigpic


                  FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor



                  :cool:

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Momentum View Post
                    Ahmad Bradshaw/Derrick Ward and he STILL took too many hits.

                    PWNED.


                    You didn't answer the question. Do you think the Giants should not re-sign Jacobs?

                    R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                    J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                    R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Momentum View Post

                      Someone said it best. Alstott had the same skills and was a better player and no one pissed and moaned for him to move to RB.
                      Alstott? Had the same skills?? It was probably Alstott's mother who said that, you know how our mothers are...
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by dragster69 View Post
                        The guy IS NOT a Tailback, he can't be our starting running back!
                        That's pretty weak if Hillis will have to be our starting tailback. That's unbelievable you guys can not grasp the concept of what this means!
                        You can not put Hillis in a situation to carry the ball 25+ times. The guy runs hard on every single play, it takes just as much force and brutal hits to stop him as he dishes them out. Do you really want to ruin his career, and possibly not even finish a full season because you want him as a tailback no matter what?
                        That is weak. I think we can get a legit tailback, and leave Hillis where he's at. He's a full-back. He can occasionally be used as a tailback on short yardage situation or whenever we can employ a strategy play.
                        But to insist he should start as a tailback is laughable. It shows a high level of ignorance about football to think a guy like that could be turned into a RB
                        The more he touches the ball, the more he will be exposed to injuries. Do we want to run him on 1st and 10, 2nd and 8 all the time?
                        The best FB's in history have had long and productive careers, both running and catching the football; John Riggins, Daryl Johnston, Mike Alsttot...
                        Riggins had 1000+ yard seasons 7 of his 14 years, averaging 16 carries/game for the 14 years. Yea that is NOT someone I would want as a starting RB.

                        He had is best years once he was the #1 guy.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • There isn't enough "big play" ability for me to be really happy with Hillis being the starting running back; but there is no question that he should be on the field for 85-90% of the offensive snaps. He can be best used as that match-up bending H-back every offense covets. I see nothing wrong with him getting the ball behind the line 3-5 times a game...

                          Comment


                          • John Riggins would be a fullback in today's NFL...

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by imanidb View Post
                              John Riggins would be a fullback in today's NFL...
                              Hillis would have been an MVP in Riggins NFL...speculation is fun!

                              R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                              J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                              R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

                              Comment


                              • Explain To Me This!!!

                                Many of you criticize Peyton Hillis' lack of speed.......yet you want a Runningback like Chris Wells, Glenn Coffee, Knowshown Moreno.......and THEY ARE SLOWER THAN HILLIS!!


                                Chris Wells ran an OFFICIAL 4.59 at the combine

                                Glenn Coffee ran an official 4.58 at the combine

                                Javon Ringer ran an official 4.53 at the combine

                                Knowshown Moreno ran an unofficial 4.55 and 4.63 at the combine

                                Rashad Jennings ran an unofficial 4.49 and 4.62

                                Shonne Greene ran an unofficial 4.65 and 4.63

                                ......................

                                and you're gonna hate on Hillis???

                                Hillis ran a 4.55 at the combine.......I need to find the link.
                                But please dont call him too slow when you're campaigning for scrubs like the ones listed above


                                sigpic


                                FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor



                                :cool:

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X