Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QB Class of 2006 - The Worst in History?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is it suddenly Jay's stats that win games but not lose them? I seem to remember Bly making a key int to give us another chance late in one of the games. Jay lost a lot of games for us. You can't just spray the ball around and expect to win games piling up passing yards.

I think the OP has a point, this class of qbs is turning out to be a bust with Vince Young and his mental issues, Leinart and his apathy towards the game and getting benched (I know Warner is a tough competitor), and now Cutler with his disease and his ability to choke in games down the stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by Stiffy View Post
      Leinart is stuck behind a potential hall of famer. With the tear Warner has been on the last season and a half not a lot of QBs would have beat him out.

It's too early to say that Young won't succeed in this league. If he sees a shrink and gets his head on straight he has the physical tools to be effective.

Cutler is a pro bowl QB.
      No it's not. Vince Young is a one read QB. He cant read defenses. If his first read (which is also conveniently, his only read) isnt open, he tucks it away and gets what he can.

His career is over, as a QB at least.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by edog24 View Post
        Why is it suddenly Jay's stats that win games but not lose them? I seem to remember Bly making a key int to give us another chance late in one of the games. Jay lost a lot of games for us. You can't just spray the ball around and expect to win games piling up passing yards.

I think the OP has a point, this class of qbs is turning out to be a bust with Vince Young and his mental issues, Leinart and his apathy towards the game and getting benched (I know Warner is a tough competitor), and now Cutler with his disease and his ability to choke in games down the stretch.
        Why is it that Jay is the sole reason that the Broncos did not have a winning record the last 3 years?

To say Cutler is to blame is just ludicrous. Plain and simple.

Not saying that he played awesome in the losses, but to say that he is the reason and not take into account every factor, is just simply unfair.
        sigpic

Comment

You are spot-on.

Comment

Originally posted by Chidoze View Post
            Why is it that Jay is the sole reason that the Broncos did not have a winning record the last 3 years?

To say Cutler is to blame is just ludicrous. Plain and simple.

Not saying that he played awesome in the losses, but to say that he is the reason and not take into account every factor, is just simply unfair.
            You've said it. He's been the constant for 3 years...
            sigpic
            I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

Why is it suddenly Jay's stats that win games but not lose them? .
              Originally posted by Ch1ggs View Post
              You are spot-on.
              because it doesn;t take a rocket scientist to understand jay's pros outweigh his cons
              Last edited by Apoc13; 03-31-2009, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Apoc13 View Post
                but he should have taken favre's spot, not cutlers
                Oh I realize that, I'm just saying, look at the absurdity of it
                the QB who didn't get voted in should have had the 2nd place spot

Then look at the other players Cutler beat out for the spot

Cassel: 21TD's 11 INT 3693 YDS RTG 89.4
                of course you can argue that the team made those stats for him (and you'd be right) but in that vein of logic

Pennington: 19TD's 7INT 3653 YDS RTG 97.4
                That team went 1-15 last year
                think about that for a second

So there is two guys who could at least contend with cutler for a probowl spot (Pennington should have gotten it over cutler)

AND the Prow bowl roster represents about 25% of the starting QBs in the AFC
                as I said, it means nothing

Comment

Originally posted by Mumbly_Joe View Post
                  Oh I realize that, I'm just saying, look at the absurdity of it
                  the QB who didn't get voted in should have had the 2nd place spot

Then look at the other players Cutler beat out for the spot

Cassel: 21TD's 11 INT 3693 YDS RTG 89.4
                  of course you can argue that the team made those stats for him (and you'd be right) but in that vein of logic

Pennington: 19TD's 7INT 3653 YDS RTG 97.4
                  That team went 1-15 last year
                  think about that for a second

So there is two guys who could at least contend with cutler for a probowl spot (Pennington should have gotten it over cutler)

AND the Prow bowl roster represents about 25% of the starting QBs in the AFC
                  as I said, it means nothing
                  eh, pennington had a decent year but even his own team doesn't want him back.

i realize a lot of people don;t like jay but the guy has tons of potential...i'm just gonna hate to see that potential realized for another franchise

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                    In your opinion, and your opinion isn't more valid than mine. I think he has shown MORE than enough to be 'labeled' a franchise QB. Sorry you can't see it.
                    How many "Franchise" QBs are skipping their teams workouts? None. Just one "entitled" franchise QB. Man up.

Comment

I gotta agree that the 2006 draft class for Qb's sucked as long as cutler isn't included in that list, he's been the only decent QB out of that class so far.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X