• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dang, I cant.... im on probation

Comment

• Originally posted by A Mile High Guy View Post
      Dang, I cant.... im on probation
      Shhh... dont say that out loud (the walls have ears).
      "Jay Cutler will never win a play-off game, let alone a Super Bowl.................take that to the bank!" - KWHIT97

LOL!!!!

Comment

• What bothers me the most is how this sets back the team for years.

The Broncos were never going to be competitive in 2009 with a brand-new guy who'd never been a head coach in the NFL before, plus new offensive and defensive coaches, a new system on both offense and defense, about 8 new defensive starters, many of them possibly rookies and others playing brand new positions, PLUS the toughest schedule in the NFL.

But, with a few good draft picks on defense, a few coaching adjustments a couple of key FA pick-ups the defense might be coming around by the season's end. By 2010 with a few more defensive additions, and perhaps a RB or two on offense, plus greater experience from key young offensive players like Cutler, Marshall, Clady, Harris, Royal, Sheffler, etc., this team might well compete for and even win a division title.

Who knows? A division title in 2010, a home playoff game or two with a more experienced team with Jay Cutler entering his fifth year, and as Mike Shanahan was fond of saying "anything can happen." The Broncos could be RIGHT up there with the Patriots, Steelers, Titans, Chargers, Colts, ready to win a SB championship. They just needed a defense (and a RB). The offense was ready to ROLL! And with Cutler ready to be the starting QB for the next ten years, the sky's the limit: Multiple-SB championships were not out of the question before the core of this offense was too old/injured/traded and they had to rebuild again.

But, now we're right back to the noodle-armed Brian Griese era of "system" QBs. Kyle Orton is essentially Tyler Thigpen with a beard. Can't throw on the move, not very athletic or mobile, not much arm-strength.

After Jake Plummer failed in 2005 Shanahan concluded rightly that "I felt that we'd gone about as far as we could" with those type QBs and he went out and wheeled and dealed and brilliantly managed to trade up and grab possibly the most talented QB to come into the NFL since 2004 (since Roethlisberger, Manning & Rivers). They were amazingly LUCKY to find Cutler available at #11.

I showed in another thread that only 2 teams in the last 15 years have won the SB without an elite, consistent (multiple) pro-bowl QB. Those teams were the 2001 Ravens with the best defense of the modern era, and the 2003 Bucs whose head coach Jon Gruden knew virtually every Raiders offensive play in advance from having coached the Raiders the season before and prepared his defense accordingly.

It's rather a lot to expect somehow Mike Nolan will put together a defense like the 2001 Ravens.

Even WITH a good defense, having a pro-bowl franchise QB makes all the difference. 2006 SB: The Colts had Peyton Manning. The Bears had Rex Grossman and stout hearts.

Those SB winning QBs?

Troy Aikman (3)
        Steve Young
        Brett Farve
        John Elway (2)
        Kurt Warner
        Tom Brady (3)
        Ben Roethlisberger (2)
        Peyton Manning
        Eli Manning

Notice a pattern there? Amost ALL of those guys are multiple-time pro-bowlers. Some are Hall of Famers. Most in fact were NFL MVP at least once.

Roethlisberger and Eli & Peyton Manning are well on their way SO far, but it will depend on how the rest of their careers go whether they get to the HOF or not.

Now try and imagine the words "Super-bowl MVP Kyle Orton!"

I don't think so either.

Whoa! Dude! Somebody shouldda told me NOT to eat the roach!"
        Last edited by Cugel; 04-04-2009, 09:14 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Cugel View Post
          What bothers me the most is how this sets back the team for years.

The Broncos were never going to be competitive in 2009 with a brand-new guy who'd never been a head coach in the NFL before, plus new offensive and defensive coaches, a new system on both offense and defense, about 8 new defensive starters, many of them possibly rookies and others playing brand new positions, PLUS the toughest schedule in the NFL.

Thanks man. I thought I was taking crazy pills. Glad to know someone else feels the same way....
          "Jay Cutler will never win a play-off game, let alone a Super Bowl.................take that to the bank!" - KWHIT97

LOL!!!!

Comment

• one main thing that makes me feel A LITTLE better about this whole ordeal is the interview from Marshall.

it's comforting to know that Marshall is excited to play with Orton and the statements he said about him were nice to hear. I was really worried that Marshall would revert to his dramatic self and cause problems because his buddy Cutler is gone...

i wasn't sure he'd want to play here if Cuts left... but as long as we can keep the rest of our offense intact and pumped to play a great season, i think we'll be okay.

*by no means do i approve of this trade whatsoever... make that be known*

McDaniels better take this team deep into the playoffs AT LEAST this season or next in order for me to start thinking about forgiving him for this.
            sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

• Originally posted by "TheCoach" View Post
              Thanks man. I thought I was taking crazy pills. Glad to know someone else feels the same way....
              I know, it sucks and honestly and truely I loved watching Jay and I think I literally cried inside when he left but... He just wasnt fit. Our team will be better off in the long run

Comment

• You guys are cracking me up.

Orton did awesome on a team with a PATHETIC Offense.

What makes you think he will be WORSE on a team with an AWESOME OFFENSE!????

You are looking at this all Bass-Akwards fellas.

Geesus! Orton was 20-something and 12, and 15-1 at home.

THAT'S 15-1 AT HOME. ------ ONE

Are you kidding me!????? - Cutler never even came close. I still don't understand how he made it to the Pro Bowl.

What?.....because he threw for 4500 yards?.....HELLO! He HAD to! - with that Defense constantly giving point back.

Daum Man! Chicago's the one that has to worry. Cutler couldn't do better then that on a team with a KILLER Offense.
                What do you think he's gonna look like on a team with a pathetic to moderately improved Offense?

Guys!....really! Get a hold of yourselves.

ORTON'S Going to be KILLER for Denver.

He's smart, makes good decisions, he's YOUNG - AND is a GREAT "manager" - ALREADY!!!.....and when he finds his rhythm in Denver - he's gonna SMOKE Jay Cutler!!!

You wait - you'll see. I think you're going to be VERY Happy with Orton.

I just watched that week 2 - Broncos/Chargers game on NFLN. - Not impressed guys.
                Cutler looked pretty dam average to me.

Now go watch ORTON, the very week after he had that nasty Ankle injury, and came right back out to BE THERE for his team mates, on a brace....so that we wouldn't have to endure Wrecks Grosstesqueman.

The guy has SERIOUS KAHONES'!!! And, even after that injury, he STILL "managed" to put up decent numbers with that very same pathetic Offense.
                ....and a Defense that just kept giving those points right back.

You guys made out like a RAPED APE - PERIOD.

....and we got a so-called Pro Bowl Quarterback. LOL!!!!

(*ahem*)......excuse me if I'm wrong here, BUT - wasn't Brian Greise once a Pro Bowler?....or - at least invited?

Sorry guys....YOU guys got our future Pro Bowl Quarterback. AND 2 #1's and a 3rd.

And WE got your Pro Bowl CRY BABY.....and a 5th. LOL!!!!!

Exactly "WHAT" are you complaining about?

....you should be adding Jerry Angelo to your Christmas Card list.

Have an AWESOME Season DENVER! Hope we see you in Tampa!!!

Comment

• "anything can happen"

Comment

• Originally posted by Guitarzan-54 View Post
                    You guys are cracking me up.

Are you kidding me!????? - Cutler never even came close. I still don't understand how he made it to the Pro Bowl.

What?.....because he threw for 4500 yards?.....HELLO! He HAD to! - with that Defense constantly giving point back.

Daum Man! Chicago's the one that has to worry. Cutler couldn't do better then that on a team with a KILLER Offense.
                    What do you think he's gonna look like on a team with a pathetic to moderately improved Offense?

He's smart, makes good decisions, he's YOUNG - AND is a GREAT "manager" - ALREADY!!!.....and when he finds his rhythm in Denver - he's gonna SMOKE Jay Cutler!!!

I just watched that week 2 - Broncos/Chargers game on NFLN. - Not impressed guys.

Now go watch ORTON, the very week after he had that nasty Ankle injury, and came right back out to BE THERE for his team mates, on a brace....so that we wouldn't have to endure Wrecks Grosstesqueman.

The guy has SERIOUS KAHONES'!!! And, even after that injury, he STILL "managed" to put up decent numbers with that very same pathetic Offense.

(*ahem*)......excuse me if I'm wrong here, BUT - wasn't Brian Greise once a Pro Bowler?....or - at least invited?

Sorry guys....YOU guys got our future Pro Bowl Quarterback. AND 2 #1's and a 3rd.

You will have to overlook some of these folks they think Cutler was the next GOD that's why they don't know what to think about a guy who has been in the league one year more and has a winning record and the maturity level of a 10 year veteran.

Alot of people around here if things don't go their way they want to blame it on someone in charge. Oh wait that sounds just like what we just got rid of to chicago wow how Ironic.

I Live In Denver and the majority of folks are so glad to be rid of Mr Cancer who made it a point to announce on the News that Him and His Parents put their houses up for Sale, I guess they thought we would all caudle him and embrace him and give him a fresh bottle guess he was wrong.

Denver has made it very clear this year is all about toughening up so tell me why aain we would keep a cry baby? Kyle Orton or Chris Simm's will do just fine in this system.

Comment

• Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                      I have never been more excited to be a Broncos fan. We have weeded out the clowns that really didn't want to be here or don't deserve to be here.
                      Hear, hear!

Comment

• At first I was pretty dissapointed. Then I realized that Jay didn't even want to be here anymore. I'll be happy for him if he does well in Chicago but I have gotten over it and I'm exited once again to see where McDaniels will take us.
                        Last edited by ImaBroncosFan; 04-04-2009, 10:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cugel View Post
                          Even WITH a good defense, having a pro-bowl franchise QB makes all the difference. 2006 SB: The Colts had Peyton Manning. The Bears had Rex Grossman and stout hearts.

Those SB winning QBs?

Troy Aikman (3)
                          Steve Young
                          Brett Farve
                          John Elway (2)
                          Kurt Warner
                          Tom Brady (3)
                          Ben Roethlisberger (2)
                          Peyton Manning
                          Eli Manning

Notice a pattern there? Amost ALL of those guys are multiple-time pro-bowlers. Some are Hall of Famers. Most in fact were NFL MVP at least once.
                          Since the 1967 Super Bowl (1966 season), there has only.. ONLY... been 6 QBs that have won a Super Bowl that wouldn't be considered franchise QBs.

(interestingly enough, one QB won two-SBs and isn't in the HoF)

2003- Brad Johnson
                          2001- Trent Dilfer
                          1992- Mark Rypien
                          1988- Doug Williams
                          1986- Jim McMahon
                          1984- Jim Plunkett
                          1981- Jim Plunkett

Comment

• Originally posted by ImaBroncosFan View Post
                            At first I was pretty dissapointed. Then I realized that Jay didn't even want to be here anymore. I'll be happy for him if he does well in Chicago but I have gotten over it and I'm exited once again to see where McDaniels will take us.
                            This pretty much sums up how my feelings are on the situation

Comment

• Originally posted by Gtorn View Post
                              Bolts fan here and I first want to say I am sorry for what you the fans have gone through. I dont wish that on on team, even our rivals. It was a petty display on both sides and the fans had to pay for it.

I do believe you got the best deal that was out there. For that I am happy for you. Id rather beat a team that is good then a bad team. Im a fan with out malice for the rivals. There is nothing better to watch then two very good teams battle it out. Nothing. You root for your team and hope they win.

For that being said, Im sorry to the Bronco Fans that had to go through that ordeal. I hope you can rebound and we will see you on Sunday, bub.

From a Charger Fan since the late 70's.
                              Get well soon... see ya on the field.

Classy post. :salute!:

Comment

• Originally posted by Guitarzan-54 View Post
                                You guys are cracking me up.

Thing is............Orton had a defense....

you put the Bears defense in Denver last year and it wouldn't have been Pittsburgh beating Arizona....

there's only so much you can do on offense if the defense can't keep your lead...

The Bears had a decent offense and a damn good defense... now they just got an upgrade with the QB they stole...
                                sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Working...
                                X