No announcement yet.

Orton / Cutler trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like it too. Hopefully Raji slides to 12 now that he failed a drug test and we can snag him. I would love to see this:
    1-DT BJ Raij
    1-DE Tyson Jackson
    2-OLB Clint Sintim
    3-CB Kevin Barnes
    3-S Michael Hamlin
    4-C AQ Shipley

Comment

• Originally posted by MisterGuinness View Post
      These guys made Jay look good often. If they can all be healthy and on the field the offense is still dangerous
      I agree with what you are saying there were a lot of jump balls, low grabs etc. We have legit recievers a legit line, and a legit coach. Our QB will be fine, and play well.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoInHeaven View Post
        We will still have a great offense, and we have much to look forward to.

GO BRONCOS!!!
        Really? Maybe, but it's a BIG question mark.

Comment

• Broncos = Morons

You can't disagree......we really screwed up
          Don't Panic!

Comment

• what's the 3rd round pick? CHI has 2? 85 or 99?

Comment

• You mean Mcd and Bowlen? Im pretty sure the other 52 guys had nothing to do with this

Comment

• Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                what's the 3rd round pick? Chi has 2? 85 or 99?

Comment

• Originally posted by neoslick View Post
                  Woohoo... we're already weeding out the bandwagon fans! Awesome!
                  Bandwagon my ass, I have been a broncos fan my entire life. I am 100% sick of agents and greed destroying the game, and refuse to support this behavior anymore. Enjoy developing your first round draft picks so that they can leave for a better offer.

Comment

• Stupid, stupid, stupid!

Are they, McDaniels et. al., nuts, they traded Cutler for Orton. I guess I'lljust stock up on heartburn medicine for the season 'cuz it's going to suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by oldster View Post
                      You're actually very accurate, it was a symbiotic relationship, the receivers pad Jay's stats by making spectacular catches of bad passes......
                      Jay also made some ridiculous throws that nobody else can make.

However, I think Orton can do very very well here. He had 18 TD's and 12 INT's in an offense that's as bad as our defense is, and now he walks into this? He'll do well.

Comment

• I am now rooting for the Chicago Bears!

Now that the deal is done, I'm going to be paying attention to the Bears. I want them to lose every single game so Denver can get a high draft pick. It will be fun this upcoming season following the Bears and rooting for them to lose every game. Reminds me of a couple years back rooting for the Redskins to lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosRockdaRockies View Post
                          17-20? No leadership skills? Crybaby? A QB that never checks down his recievers? Since when does that equal a sure thing? For 3 years he has started here he has went 8-8 that's mediocre in my eyes. Give Orton the line that Cutler had and see how he progresses. WTG DENVER!!!! THE CRY BABY IS GONE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOO
                          Right, and the awful defence we've had here for a few years had nothing to do with those losses?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Broncos fan first and was a Cutler fan second....I wasn't a full-out Jay supporter in this, but I'm not talking about the Cutler-McDaniels Saga. I don't like this trade regardless of why it happened.

We know Jay can sling it. We know his arm strength and accuracy. No, he's not perfect, but you can win with Jay. Hense the reason why basically everyone in the league wanted him when they found out he was available. That is a sure thing.

We also know that Orton is not a very good QB. Regardless if he was just a small piece of the trade, he is our starting QB right now and that makes me sick to my stomach.

We now have to suffer through at least one more losing season and I hope to god we are on our game on draft day.

Comment

• Orton

Hello--I'm a Bears fan visiting from the Bears board. I was just curious about Broncos' fans thoughts on the trade.

Anyway, just wanted to say that there's actually some hope with Orton. He had an 88 rating before he went down with the ankle injury. He's smart and works hard. He has about 35 starts or so, so he's technically going into his third year playing. It's possible that he could make strides. Plus, our o-line and WR core were bad last year. The first half of the Philly game where he scored 3 TDs against the 3rd rated defense shows his potential.

From my end though, I am excited to have Cutler as a Bear!!

Comment

• Originally posted by dman444 View Post

so we swap 140 for 85? Not bad. Still, we should have demanded a second.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Hardwick View Post
                                This is going to be Brian Xanders' first draft right?
                                No he was with the Falcons for like 7 years or something.

Comment

Working...
                                X