No announcement yet.

Orton / Cutler trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You guys didn't even get the deal right!

To acquire Cutler, the Bears had to give up quarterback Kyle Orton and first-round picks in 2009 and 2010, along with a third-round pick in 2009.

Jay Cutler
    Jay Cutler
    #6 QB
    Denver Broncos

2008 STATS

* Att616
    * Comp384
    * Yds4457
    * TD25
    * Int18
    * Rat86.0

To complete the trade, the Broncos had to give back a fifth-round pick in 2009. That pick was acquired by the Broncos from the Seattle Seahawks in a trade for wide receiver Keary Colbert.
    The Broncos trade for Kyle Orton plus the #18 pick, plus the Bears #1 pick next year, which will probably be in the 20's now that they have Jay Cutler.

The Bears get a pro-bowl QB and will be favorites to win the division for the next 4 years, while the Broncos get a former 4th round pick who's a career backup.

Great job!
    sigpic

Comment

• I wouldn't wish that anybody get hurt in this league but if Cutler gets hurt and is out for the season the Broncos would be absolutely set.

Comment

• Loss of Cutler

I agree completely! Why couldn't we trade McDaniels to the Bears instead. Unbelievable that the morons in the Bronco front office allowed a franchise quarterback to get out of town. And now we are stuck with Kyle Orton!? Crap, the Broncos might as well have open auditions. What fools!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by broncofanatik View Post
          No he was with the Falcons for like 7 years or something.
          Wasn't sure. Thanks!

Comment

• I can see it now, Bears go to the superbowl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO

Kyle Orton sucks, we will suck for 4 yrs.

Comment

• Originally posted by AMG View Post
              Right, and the awful defence we've had here for a few years had nothing to do with those losses?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Broncos fan first and was a Cutler fan second....I wasn't a full-out Jay supporter in this, but I'm not talking about the Cutler-McDaniels Saga. I don't like this trade regardless of why it happened.

We know Jay can sling it. We know his arm strength and accuracy. No, he's not perfect, but you can win with Jay. Hense the reason why basically everyone in the league wanted him when they found out he was available. That is a sure thing.

We also know that Orton is not a very good QB. Regardless if he was just a small piece of the trade, he is our starting QB right now and that makes me sick to my stomach.

We now have to suffer through at least one more losing season and I hope to god we are on our game on draft day.
              Honestly Orton was not bad last year. I think even 1 or 2 of the losses for the bears he never played due to injury and it was grossman who lost. He's not worse than Cassel, put it that way.

Comment

• Originally posted by stargazer View Post

Now that the deal is done, I'm going to be paying attention to the Bears. I want them to lose every single game so Denver can get a high draft pick. It will be fun this upcoming season following the Bears and rooting for them to lose every game. Reminds me of a couple years back rooting for the Redskins to lose.

At first I was going to be critical and call you a fair weather fan, good thing I actually read your post!

I agree I will be rooting for them to loose, best case scenario they go 0-16 and we get the first pick next year!

Thx,
                Joe
                To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering.

sigpic

Comment

• I am going to root against them too! Not only because they have a cry baby Qb, but because the more they lose the better our draft pick is next year!!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by quicksand30 View Post
                    Hello--I'm a Bears fan visiting from the Bears board. I was just curious about Broncos' fans thoughts on the trade.

Anyway, just wanted to say that there's actually some hope with Orton. He had an 88 rating before he went down with the ankle injury. He's smart and works hard. He has about 35 starts or so, so he's technically going into his third year playing. It's possible that he could make strides. Plus, our o-line and WR core were bad last year. The first half of the Philly game where he scored 3 TDs against the 3rd rated defense shows his potential.

From my end though, I am excited to have Cutler as a Bear!!
                    Sweet by the way i hope yall suck cow balls next year so we can get a better draft pick
                    Proud Sigma Chi at UT Chattanooga

Comment

• Originally posted by quicksand30 View Post
                      Hello--I'm a Bears fan visiting from the Bears board. I was just curious about Broncos' fans thoughts on the trade.

Anyway, just wanted to say that there's actually some hope with Orton. He had an 88 rating before he went down with the ankle injury. He's smart and works hard. He has about 35 starts or so, so he's technically going into his third year playing. It's possible that he could make strides. Plus, our o-line and WR core were bad last year. The first half of the Philly game where he scored 3 TDs against the 3rd rated defense shows his potential.

From my end though, I am excited to have Cutler as a Bear!!
                      88 rating in what? Madden?

But as far as any of us are concerned, you got the better end of the deal...there were teams that were willing to offer more...
                      Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• I think it was an awful trade, we gave Cutler for free.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by wishb0n3 View Post
                          Ya, i know its the Lions, but maybe this was a good move. Everything we got is very good, QB is the only thing im unsure of. If McDaniels can do what he did with Cassel to Orton, then we have a great shot at atleast makin the playoffs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrAJNQ_e8Jk
                          McDaniels is not God & Orton couldn't complete a pass if you took out the defense. Those picks will do nothing for the offense considering this is one of the worst offensive drafts in a long time. MCDANIELS DID NOT CREATE CASSEL!!!! sick of hearing this crap. Cassel was just waiting for a break & he got it, all McDummy is doing is taking credit.

Denver is looking like detroit right now, lousy offense & even more pathetic D

Comment

• Originally posted by broncofanatik View Post
                            Honestly Orton was not bad last year. I think even 1 or 2 of the losses for the bears he never played due to injury and it was grossman who lost. He's not worse than Cassel, put it that way.
                            Sure....but I thought it was crazy to even consider trading Cutler for Cassel anyways.

How could we pass on a higher pick and Brady Quinn? This blows me away.

Comment

• Amazing Trade

Orton's the man honestly his stats were pretty good considering how bad the reciever's are for the bears i'm extremely optimistic about this and 2 first round and a third round i think this is a steal for Denver i know a lot of people will disagree but honestly we got a ton for a bad leader sickly qb and orton very tough and pretty good in my book
                              "Just waiting for the draft"

Kyle Orton Army Fan Club #33

Comment

• Originally posted by JonesboroBronco View Post
                                Orton's the man honestly his stats were pretty good considering how bad the reciever's are for the bears i'm extremely optimistic about this and 2 first round and a third round i think this is a steal for Denver i know a lot of people will disagree but honestly we got a ton for a bad leader sickly qb and orton very tough and pretty good in my book
                                I concur

Comment

Working...
                                X