Kyle Orton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyle Orton

Bear fan here, what do you guys in denver think of Kyle Orton? He's not quite the "gunslinger" that Cutler is known to be, but he can move an offense and showed some promise last year. I would think he and a couple picks would be fair.....thoughts?

Originally posted by BostonBearfan View Post
    Bear fan here, what do you guys in denver think of Kyle Orton? He's not quite the "gunslinger" that Cutler is known to be, but he can move an offense and showed some promise last year. I would think he and a couple picks would be fair.....thoughts?
    Honestly, I'd rather have Rex Grossman than Orton. I have never been impressed with Orton at any level. I am hoping for Brady Quinn!
    sigpic

Comment

jacob?

---------
      So far:
      FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
      1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

I've always liked grossman but I don't think he's a McDaniels type of guy, he's not that great on the short stuff...he's really strong going deep and intermediate though.

Comment

I think the bidding starts at a 1st & 2nd this year.

THEN, DEN needs probably two of the next three things (at least one): a QB, a defensive starter (front-7 type), a first round pick in 2010.

I think DEN will let teams drive up the price and will pull the trigger on the first team to come with a package close to this.

With Johnson (NYJ) and Snyder (WAS) in the mix, and the fact you have a 26 yr-old pro bowl, franchise QB, who is proven and is signed for a million a year the next three years.... This is fair value.

DEN could always take the cap hit and wait a year to make a deal.

Comment

let me reword this...what do you think it would take from the Bears to get a deal done? And do you think it's possible?

Comment

ive shat more impressive turds than kyle orton...stupid bears fans

if chicago wants cutler then give us urlacher

Comment

Frankly I wouldn't be happy with either. The Bears haven't exactly proven themselves to be a Tour De Force in the passing game. I would rather have Simms.
                WHAT DO WE DO NOW?? . . . .

Comment

let me reword this...what do you think it would take from the Bears to get a deal done? And do you think it's possible?
                  The Bears would need to Bring in another team. I don't think any Broncos fan would be happy with losing Cutler and getting Orton in return. Even if we got some high draft picks.
                  sigpic

Comment

What I will say is that there is no chance Cutler goes to the Bears. It's nothing against the Bears, but since it's known that Cutler would like to go there, I would bet my house that Bowlen would rather pay him to ride the bench than allow him to get his way. If he'd done this quietly and not had his agent call out Bowlen in the media, I think it's a different situation and the Bears may have been an option. But at this point, I think Bowlen may try and send Cutler to the worst situation he can. It sucks for both sides, but I think that's the way it would go down.
                    :go:

Check out my Broncos blog!

Comment

Please are you serious, Quinn, Orton, or Grossman? Please! They are not the quality QB that we need. We would be much better with trading Cutler to Detroit and going after Stafford or Sanchez. Grossman could not even hold Plummers tennis shoes, and I was not a fan of Plummer. Quinn, does not have what it takes to make the Broncos a playoff contender and neither does Orton.

Comment

2 1st's a 2nd a 3rd and Urlacher.
                        Adopted Athlete: Leone Battista Alberti

Claim to Fame: I met the Man who met Andy Griffith

Comment

Orton is a game manager, he dosnt turn the ball over, but he's not that great. Id say Orton, 1st rounder and Lance Briggs.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosMissElway View Post
                            Please are you serious, Quinn, Orton, or Grossman? Please! They are not the quality QB that we need. We would be much better with trading Cutler to Detroit and going after Stafford or Sanchez. Grossman could not even hold Plummers tennis shoes, and I was not a fan of Plummer. Quinn, does not have what it takes to make the Broncos a playoff contender and neither does Orton.
                            Grossman just had the Bears in a Superbowl 2 years ago...throwing 23 TD's...what was cutler doing that year? Are you serious?

I live in NE, I don't think you guys fully understand how McDaniels works..he's not going to come in and throw bombs...you're going to see a bunch of short passes and medium passes for years....you don't need an elway supercannon to do that, you need a smart guy with a high completion percentage who makes good decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoHawkeye View Post
                              What I will say is that there is no chance Cutler goes to the Bears. It's nothing against the Bears, but since it's known that Cutler would like to go there, I would bet my house that Bowlen would rather pay him to ride the bench than allow him to get his way. If he'd done this quietly and not had his agent call out Bowlen in the media, I think it's a different situation and the Bears may have been an option. But at this point, I think Bowlen may try and send Cutler to the worst situation he can. It sucks for both sides, but I think that's the way it would go down.
                              wow, I never even thought of this...it sounds like something that could really happen, doesn't sound like Bowlen is a happy camper...

Comment

Working...
                              X