• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McDaniels on 104.3 the FAN right now

anybody listening?

whats he saying?

Comment

McDaniels on 104.3

I don't post a lot, but I thought this was worth mentioning. Mcdaniels' interview with Scott and Al is coming off as well planned thoughtful and eloquent. As a fan "on the edge" as Alfred described it, he did a great job of explaining why the offense also needs to be fixed. I wish everyone could have heard it as the interviews I've heard so far have been shallow and avoided the main issues i.e. why this happened.
      Scott and Alfred did a great job questioning and I have gone from disbelief to a small amount of confidence he knows what he's doing. Couple points:
      The Broncos had 17 2 minute drives last year and came away with one field goal.
      We were one of the firstt teams to finish in the top 5 in yardage and not the top half in points scored.
      I'm still not sold on the Cutler trade, but now I feel I have reason to give Mcdaniels a chance.........I think that's all a lot of us are asking for.
      49% of Americans are NFL fans. The rest just root for the Broncos......

Comment

Yea.....actions speak louder than words
        Don't Panic!

Comment

Interview will be re-aired at 5:00!!!
          49% of Americans are NFL fans. The rest just root for the Broncos......

Comment

he basically said that Cutler cut off lines of communication this past week and a half and his agent repeatedly made it clear he didnt want to play here.

He said Cutler would have excelled in the system and that without Cutlers commitment it wasnt going to work.

they asked him about Hillis and he said that he likes him a lot and see's him playing in the multi-back rotation that he's accustomed to running.

I must say McDaniels shows a whole lot of enthusiasm and poise, something which Cutler lacked. He sounds very confident and sure of what he's tryin to get done.

I co-signed Cutler as much as anybody around here but...

Im ready to move on.

lets make those picks count

fyi,
            they are replaying the interview at 5 (mst I believe)
            http://www.fm1043thefan.com/

Comment

Agreed

I have often wandered why so many fans have over looked our scoring issues. Other than the first part of the season, our points scored started to drop. When people throw stats out there like the second best offense in the league, they are misleading. Over all our offense wasn't the top five of the league. Our ToP was not league leading, our red zone was horrid our execution was lacking. But yeah Cutler didn't have a running game to fall back on. Not his fault but non the less when all stats are considered our entire offense needed improvement.
              :usa: :orton: :usa:

[SIGPIC]

Comment

Actions speak louder than words.......these coaches now a days are salesman.......they tell you what you want to hear
                Don't Panic!

Comment

Originally posted by stevecan2 View Post
                  I have often wandered why so many fans have over looked our scoring issues. Other than the first part of the season, our points scored started to drop. When people throw stats out there like the second best offense in the league, they are misleading. Over all our offense wasn't the top five of the league. Our ToP was not league leading, our red zone was horrid our execution was lacking. But yeah Cutler didn't have a running game to fall back on. Not his fault but non the less when all stats are considered our entire offense needed improvement.
                  Because the scoring issues are directly related to the defense, running back rotation, and special teams.

The defense forced just 12 turnovers all last season, while the special teams ranked near the bottom of the NFL in field positioning. And there was no legitimate running back to pound the ball in from the 20.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncofan2415 View Post
                    Actions speak louder than words.......these coaches now a days are salesman.......they tell you what you want to hear
                    true.
                    thats while I'll reserve true judgement on him until he' been given the opportunity to fail/succeed.

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                      Because the scoring issues are directly related to the defense, running back rotation, and special teams.

The defense forced just 12 turnovers all last season, while the special teams ranked near the bottom of the NFL in field positioning. And there was no legitimate running back to pound the ball in from the 20.
                      I know you know it is not true, only part of it.
                      sigpic

Comment

Show us the phone records! Enough lip service!

Comment

BZZZT! WRONG!

GO directly to jail, DO NOT pass GO, DO NOT collect $200
                          Where is this season going?

Comment

17 2 minute drives and we got 1 FG, so that has to be the defenses fault.

Comment

The scoring issue underlines the defensive flaws for one reason. We are 11th in OFFENSIVE scoring and 16th in TOTAL scoring. So really, the offense didn't finish in the bottom half of scoring like he wants you to believe. Not that we where great at it, but honestly. People hardly feared the run game and we had horrible starting field position. All of that while not even mentioning that the entire offense was rookie-3rd year guys. Like that wouldn't have progressed at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X