No announcement yet.

Why Not Believe in the Pats System????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Not Believe in the Pats System????

Lots of folks have nothing good to say about Josh since he arrived. And nothing will change that, if you are so inclined, until we actually put on the pads and play some real football. And if we win more often than we lose this year, some of those "non believers" may start to waver a tiny bit. And if we see an exciting product on the field, that utilizes the potential of a more balanced team, with a propensity to play hard, smart football, maybe a few more minds will change.

I am of the opinion that you don't need superstars to make it to the playoffs. I am of the opinion that you win games with people who play hard, as a unit. And I am of the opinion that McDaniels and company will get more out of the players they have than what we have seen for some time here. It will be about system and execution.

I also believe that the NE offense was better than it's individual players. They are led by a 7th rounder. Their offensive line does not consist of a bunch of high draft picks, in fact, other than one chosen late first round, the rest were fairly low draft picks, and one wasn't even drafted as I understand (note: the group I am referring to led the team in their undefeated 2007 regular season). Sure they picked up some talented receivers, but Moss and Welkers haven't won a SB with them. To be sure, their SB receivers were just fine, nothing more. Same for their running backs....good, but nothing spectacular.

So what drove them to be so solid, for so long? You could say they were a bunch of over-achievers, or late blomers, or.............maybe their system and their coaches and coordinators had something to do with it.

One more thing..... of course Cassel was a "can't miss" when he was drafted.......yeah right!!

Oh goodness, now you've done it. You've made a logical argument for a welcome change to what was a stale and unsuccessful system that mirrors exactly what Shanahan did when he came to the Broncos. You didn't make up some witty "McLoserface" name for the head coach, you didn't deride Pat Bowlen, and you didn't lament the fact that the Broncos will never score another touchdown because Jay Cutler was traded. Prepare yourself for an onslaught of people who believe that the Broncos are destined for 40 years of suffering in the desert to blast you with all of their wit and intelligent, well-thought out arguments.

Comment

Okay, I'll bite.

I'm gonna go with - because they've outlawed illegal video taping now and the Pats haven't won anything since they have done so.
      Originally posted by boltzpride619
      What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Originally posted by RunByDesign
      True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

good post and i have been saying to beleive in the pats system since we got McD i mean it is one of the most dominant offenses in the past decade

Comment

Originally posted by RunByDesign View Post
          Okay, I'll bite.

I'm gonna go with - because they've outlawed illegal video taping now and the Pats haven't won anything since they have done so.
          They've won more than us.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
            Lots of folks have nothing good to say about Josh since he arrived. And nothing will change that, if you are so inclined, until we actually put on the pads and play some real football. And if we win more often than we lose this year, some of those "non believers" may start to waver a tiny bit. And if we see an exciting product on the field, that utilizes the potential of a more balanced team, with a propensity to play hard, smart football, maybe a few more minds will change.

I am of the opinion that you don't need superstars to make it to the playoffs. I am of the opinion that you win games with people who play hard, as a unit. And I am of the opinion that McDaniels and company will get more out of the players they have than what we have seen for some time here. It will be about system and execution.

I also believe that the NE offense was better than it's individual players. They are led by a 7th rounder. Their offensive line does not consist of a bunch of high draft picks, in fact, other than one chosen late first round, the rest were fairly low draft picks, and one wasn't even drafted as I understand (note: the group I am referring to led the team in their undefeated 2007 regular season). Sure they picked up some talented receivers, but Moss and Welkers haven't won a SB with them. To be sure, their SB receivers were just fine, nothing more. Same for their running backs....good, but nothing spectacular.

So what drove them to be so solid, for so long? You could say they were a bunch of over-achievers, or late blomers, or.............maybe their system and their coaches and coordinators had something to do with it.

One more thing..... of course Cassel was a "can't miss" when he was drafted.......yeah right!!
            The reason not to believe is that it has failed to produce results in any other place there has been an attempt to implement it.
            sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
            SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

Once again a very well thought out post. :thumb:

Comment

Okay, I'll bite.

You can like or dislike New England. But i think you would be foolish to argue their success.

Comment

I fully believe in the Pats system. The Pats system still won more with Brady than Cassell. I think this team could win more games with Cutler than Orton, in the Pats system.

Comment

Okay, I'll bite.

Nice !!!

Originally posted by mx_stiles13 View Post
                    They've won more than us.
                    Childs play ...
                    :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

I like what Belichick did in NE (except the cheating). I think that's the only way to be such a good team for years and years in the salary cap era.

The problem is that none of Bill's understudies have been able to duplicate that magic with other teams. We'll see what happens with McDaniels.

Comment

longtime Bear fan here, I've had to watch a lot of Pats games since moving up here to NE, and let me tell you, I don't really like watching the Pats..because they're boring and frustrating....I was disgusted when they went undefeated, I was dying for them to get beat. But as boring as their system is, it's definitely not sexy, it WORKS, and it works consistently. Somehow, they throw passes in the air underneath that don't travel 3 yards in the air, but they end up being 7-12 yard gains. They ran a play a couple years ago with Kevin Faulk, it was basically a basketball pick play, they design plays like a group of engineers. I can already tell you McDaniels is going to throw a ton of screens to Royals...You have your sexy stars but you'll learn to appreciate lunchpail guys like Gaffney. I'm going to follow the Broncos closely this year, mostly because of Orton and the draft picks..but also to watch the transformation of your offense into the boring one, that WINS. It may not happen right away, and I bet the fans get upset, but it will happen.

Comment

I believe in it in New England, since Belichick is probably the best coach I've ever seen (I'm only 21 so..). And I'm extremely bitter on this topic since my two favorite football teams were stricken with arrogant previous New England assistants (Mangini, Weis) Outside of NE, it has yet to work.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BostonBearfan View Post
                            longtime Bear fan here, I've had to watch a lot of Pats games since moving up here to NE, and let me tell you, I don't really like watching the Pats..because they're boring and frustrating....I was disgusted when they went undefeated, I was dying for them to get beat. But as boring as their system is, it's definitely not sexy, it WORKS, and it works consistently. Somehow, they throw passes in the air underneath that don't travel 3 yards in the air, but they end up being 7-12 yard gains. They ran a play a couple years ago with Kevin Faulk, it was basically a basketball pick play, they design plays like a group of engineers. I can already tell you McDaniels is going to throw a ton of screens to Royals...You have your sexy stars but you'll learn to appreciate lunchpail guys like Gaffney. I'm going to follow the Broncos closely this year, mostly because of Orton and the draft picks..but also to watch the transformation of your offense into the boring one, that WINS. It may not happen right away, and I bet the fans get upset, but it will happen.
                            I'd rather be boring if it means lots of wins......

Comment

Originally posted by NYJets 4 Life View Post
                              I believe in it in New England, since Belichick is probably the best coach I've ever seen (I'm only 21 so..). And I'm extremely bitter on this topic since my two favorite football teams were stricken with arrogant previous New England assistants (Mangini, Weis) Outside of NE, it has yet to work.
                              Thats cool the best coaches I ever seen imo

Have been Bill Walsh,Tom Landry,Chuck Noll and then my personal fav Shanahan
                              :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

Working...
                              X