No announcement yet.

Why Not Believe in the Pats System????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Thread CanDB......................

I like what is happening with the team yes the "TEAM" not the one players who want the spotlight, To me that shows focus and determination something this team has been lacking.

But for me personally I don't want to believe that he is implementing the "Pats System", Coach McDaniels has stated several times he is going to Introduce things from that system into the Main Plan. I think it is going to go beyond the Pat's System, I think it is going to be a little bit of everything that he has seen and learned since he was on the football field in Canton at 6 years old.

If anything I am more Inclined to call it the "Hienz 57" system at this point since we have seen no formations ran or any sign of what the geamplan is going to be. I think Josh is more of a person out to prove that he has what it takes to create a System that will be named after him by Implementing a little bit of knowledge from his years and years of experience.

But I do agree with you the direction he is going is going to be a winning system. Lets just say it is a "Gut Feeling!":go:

Comment

Originally posted by Cramdog2 View Post
      Please tell me in all of your infinite wisdom what makes you think that McD is going to turn the Broncos into the Pats.

For one McD was the offensive coordinator for only a short time and the QB that he supposedly mentored was surrounded by quite possibly the best team ever assembled.

Two the Pats assistants have had nothing but success with their new teams haven't they. Lets see how did Mangini do in NY? How about Romeo in Cleveland? Oh yea can't forget about Weiss at N.D. Yea they have all gone on to turn their teams in the new Pats haven't they.

When will you guys start to realize that hiring McD was a mistake. The last thing the Broncos needed was another "offensive genius." We should have hired Spagnoulo and then kept the same guys running the offensive side of the ball.

Again we are NOT going to become the Pats, and IMO that is a damn good thing, because I still believe a lot of their success is attributed to cheating and stealing teams signals.

As a Broncos fan I do hope that we start winning again, but as a word of advice don't hurt yourself jumping off the McD bandwagon when things don't turn out the way you hope.
      Infinite wisdom...wow what a compliment......gee thanks!!!

Here's what I am saying. Though McD wasn't the primary reason for the Pats' success, he was part of the formula. And if he was a contributor in any way, regarding the excellent talent acquired (thru draft, FA, trade), the mentoring of the players to play as one, the coaching, the play design and the execution....then he can't be too shabby.

Brady in round 7. The oline, other than a very late round one pick, mostly mid pack and lower. The receivers, before Moss and Welkers (who did not catch one pass in all those SB victories) were pretty average. The RBs were good, but not superstar stuff. Then Brady goes down, and most people say there is no way they recover, and they end up with 11 and 5, which is playoffs in my books. And they did it with the backup.

I think Josh had a part, and I believe he understands the game. He is young, and he made a rookie error (while supported by senior management) but he is determined, sharp and astute.

I for one do not give up on this team everytime something goes south. I hate losing Jay, but it appears he was not even tying to better the situation. His antics will follow him.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosRockdaRockies View Post
        I like what is happening with the team yes the "TEAM" not the one players who want the spotlight, To me that shows focus and determination something this team has been lacking.

But for me personally I don't want to believe that he is implementing the "Pats System", Coach McDaniels has stated several times he is going to Introduce things from that system into the Main Plan. I think it is going to go beyond the Pat's System, I think it is going to be a little bit of everything that he has seen and learned since he was on the football field in Canton at 6 years old.

If anything I am more Inclined to call it the "Hienz 57" system at this point since we have seen no formations ran or any sign of what the geamplan is going to be. I think Josh is more of a person out to prove that he has what it takes to create a System that will be named after him by Implementing a little bit of knowledge from his years and years of experience.

But I do agree with you the direction he is going is going to be a winning system. Lets just say it is a "Gut Feeling!":go:
        Good stuff Rock!!

Actually I use the Pat's system as an overall description for what Josh can bring to the Broncos, not necessarily that we will use it even close to 100%. I feel that he has come from a super organization, who know how to win. I also feel that he has been part of the reason that the team has maxed out on the talent they have, with many mid to low round picks turning into pro bowlers.

And I believe in winners. I won't use that against Jay, but he does seem to get a lot of acclaim for being so good on ordinary/losing teams. I'll stop there, because that's a bit of a shot. But winners know how to win, and Josh has ample proof in his resume.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
          And if we win more often than we lose this year, some of those "non believers" may start to waver a tiny bit.
          not a tiny bit, but completely....and you can count me into that group

the problem is that...

1. our offense really wasn;t the issue and josh is an offensive guy...so what is up with the defense?

2. all of the other coaches trying to implement the 'patriots' way with other teams have pretty much failed

3. josh hasn;t shown a whole lot so far to calm the fears of the skeptical broncos fans

with that being said, like i quoted you, dave, if the broncos win, it won't matter what system he implements....i'm rooting for josh but i'm sorry if i'm not yet sold

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
            Good stuff Rock!!

Actually I use the Pat's system as an overall description for what Josh can bring to the Broncos, not necessarily that we will use it even close to 100%. I feel that he has come from a super organization, who know how to win. I also feel that he has been part of the reason that the team has maxed out on the talent they have, with many mid to low round picks turning into pro bowlers.

And I believe in winners. I won't use that against Jay, but he does seem to get a lot of acclaim for being so good on ordinary/losing teams. I'll stop there, because that's a bit of a shot. But winners know how to win, and Josh has ample proof in his resume.
            You are absolutely right and I believe as well that you don't need superstars to win. But players who have the mentality to work together as a "TEAM" is very much key. I will go out and say Jay was not a team player i don't care if I make the Cutler followers mad but the proof is in the pudding hence the "No Checking Down" from Marshall. But your assessment is right on the money and you need to come to Denver and we can have a beer and watch a game someday along with other Fans I hang with at my fav Sports Bar!!!!!

The owner gives shots everytime the Broncos Score!

Comment

This is definately one of the BETTER posts I have read. McD is young, eager, and has a lot too offer.

Call it a 'gut feeling' as you will, but I sincerely believe Denver is going to win the AFC West this year with McD. Look at the other three head coaches in the AFC West. Tom Cable: an Al Davis puppet. Todd Haley...? KC picked up Vrabel and Cassel, big deal. Norv Turner: has been living in Schottenheimer's shadow which is starting to fade.

I like McD, simply because he's trying to establish his own identity without the Shanahan ties. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosRockdaRockies View Post
                You are absolutely right and I believe as well that you don't need superstars to win. But players who have the mentality to work together as a "TEAM" is very much key. I will go out and say Jay was not a team player i don't care if I make the Cutler followers mad but the proof is in the pudding hence the "No Checking Down" from Marshall. But your assessment is right on the money and you need to come to Denver and we can have a beer and watch a game someday along with other Fans I hang with at my fav Sports Bar!!!!!

The owner gives shots everytime the Broncos Score!
                You have a "gut" feeling? That is awesome. And us Cutler fans are the ones looked at like we are crazy?

Please give me one valid reason for your gut feeling. And you can't tell me that it is what he did with Cassel, because again he had the possibly the best team ever surrounding him. Don't tell me it's brady either because that was all credited to Weiss. So again please give me one valid reason to believe in McD.

Oh and don't say it's because of how he handled the Cutler situation. When the whole thing is his fault to begin with. If you were asked two months ago if you would take Cassel over Jay what would you have said? So the fact that he wanted Cassel over Cutler to begin with is idiotic. Yes Jay made the situation worse, but I have yet to see ONE positive thing that McD. has done since he got here so please enlighten me.

Comment

Originally posted by Cramdog2 View Post
                  You have a "gut" feeling? That is awesome. And us Cutler fans are the ones looked at like we are crazy?

Please give me one valid reason for your gut feeling. And you can't tell me that it is what he did with Cassel, because again he had the possibly the best team ever surrounding him. Don't tell me it's brady either because that was all credited to Weiss. So again please give me one valid reason to believe in McD.

Oh and don't say it's because of how he handled the Cutler situation. When the whole thing is his fault to begin with. If you were asked two months ago if you would take Cassel over Jay what would you have said? So the fact that he wanted Cassel over Cutler to begin with is idiotic. Yes Jay made the situation worse, but I have yet to see ONE positive thing that McD. has done since he got here so please enlighten me.

Ok first of all the whole cutler thing is not McDaniels fault IMO, Because the day after Shanahan was fired Jay was in Pat Bowlens Office asking to be traded and that was long before McD was even hired, so for all of you Cutler fans you are in denial if you think this is McDaniels fault.

2nd Bus Cook is the same agent that caused a stink with the Green Bay packers and Farve last year, and after seeing Jay not even call the Owner regardless if he talked to McDaniels or not he didn't even call the Owner so yeah it was apparent that this was a decision he made long before McDaniels was even hired that is reality. But their is no pursuaing of those who already have it in their minds to hate McDaniels.

But when it comes to a gut feeling from me I usually feel confident in my "Gut" feeling when it comes to the Broncos. In 1997 I won alot of money on the Broncos when I placed a Bet week 1 in Pre Season Broncos and Packers in the SB and I picked the Broncos to win by 10. That is just one of many "Gut" feelings I have had.

But to explain my "Gut" feeling in a more pursuasive way it is based on the Denver Vibe, it has been this way for me since 1977 it is "My Formula" you can say it is crazy or retarded whatever. But I use this "Vibe" to determine what will happen to an extent not solely on the vibe. I have many times after watching Pre Season games can tell you within 2 games what our record will be for the season. Last year I believe I picked 10 - 6 might have been 11-5 but in all actuality not to bad considering the Injuries that occur that is a reason why the "Vibe" is not the sole deciding factor. But regardless it is something I like to do as a fan no rules saying it is right or wrong just a feeling I get is all.

Cutler fans crazy? no I don't think that I just think he was set in his ways to do what Jay wants he lacked Leadership skills, And coach McDaniels came in and said Hey I am not going to caudle you like Shanahan did you are going to have to prove to me you are who you are. And along with leadership skills that Cutler lacked to me it is also obvious that he lacks self-confidence otherwise the best thing to wouldv'e been give it a chance and prove he is who he is, and to me by asking to be traded he didn't have the confidence to do it so he asked to be traded while his stock was still up and he used a new Coach as the scape goat just as he learned from his previous HC Shanahan did with the Defensive Coords. Leadership reflects additude.

Comment

Working...
                  X