No announcement yet.

We will miss Orton in Chicago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could toot my own horn too. I could bring up my threads before the trade even began... which sort of backs up my name. Though I was fooled into believing McDaniels didn't want draft picks. I was wrong on that. But I got the Orton part right.

I have too much humility to toot my own horn.

The fact is the knowledgeable Bears fans knew Orton was a good QB. Perhaps not 100 QB rating good, but certainly middle of the league starter. Likewise many Broncos fans had Cutler pegged. It's unfortunate the majority of casual Bears fans eat up the GM's venom, which he uses to protect himself from criticism/deflects on others - Orton in this case. If the fans could keep their GM in check, they would never have given up (2) 1sts and a 3rd for a QB who puts up similar numbers to Orton regardless of which offense they are in. Nor would they allow their GM to make him the 4th highest paid QB on top of it, in what was simply a display of gigantic ego. Now the Bears are screwed and the Broncos are sitting pretty. Congratulations Denver, you deserve it.... and Chicago deserves what they are getting on the other end of the spectrum, because they choose to follow their GM's direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Soothsayer View Post

I have too much humility to toot my own horn.

No, you're just not limber enough.

Comment

Keep bumping these old threads, its awsome dude!
        "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
          You can have him back.... we'll negate the whole stupid trade. We wish you would have kept him, too.
          Sorry I just had too.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jester06 View Post
            LOL, there is NO DOUBT in my mind that Cutler is better than Orton, please. Orton may be a starting caliber QB in the NFL but we really don't know yet. Also, you can't project numbers out. Look at Grossman, he played like a pro bowler in the first half of 2006, wow. Now he is in the NFL trash heep.
            The above post is the reason for the next one. .

Originally posted by jester06 View Post
            Ah yes, the Orton fan, giving credit to Kyle Orton rather than the team. It's funny how Kyle Orton is the PERFECT team player but his fans attribute wins to one thing, Kyle Orton. Kyle's fans attribute losses to one thing, anything but Kyle Orton.
            He never gave Kyle Orton the credit he said team.
            Don't be butthurt dude.Kiss him goodnight and roll over and cry yourself to sleep,think about Cutler if it helps!
            Originally posted by baphamet
            are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

Working...
            X