Anybody excited about Mike Nolan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody excited about Mike Nolan?

This should be our biggest concern right now. Weather Nolan can change our D to a high power run stopping machine. And with his exp. and knowledge i'm ready to say YES he can. His head coaching needed a lot of help but no one can say anything about his D skills/knowledge. This makes me feel better about the whole Orton deal.If our D can hold teams to under 14 to 2o points a game i believe we can have a serious run this year.:go:
    Albert

Uhhh ...

... not yet. Will get back to you on this issue in December.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Nothing in Nolan's track record shows he can turn this around.

Call me more skeptical on his hiring than anything else that was done to the coaching staff/front office this off season.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos Al View Post
        This should be our biggest concern right now. Weather Nolan can change our D to a high power run stopping machine. And with his exp. and knowledge i'm ready to say YES he can. His head coaching needed a lot of help but no one can say anything about his D skills/knowledge. This makes me feel better about the whole Orton deal.If our D can hold teams to under 14 to 2o points a game i believe we can have a serious run this year.:go:
        This was a perfect hire, for him. He can't do any worse than what this defense was last season. All he has to do is rank in the 20's and it's an improvement. Personally, yes I am pumped because he is bringing a totally diferent look than what we are used to seing. I think he can do some great things with this defense using guys like Elvis and Jarvis as LB's. We should have a CP bet on the number of sacks this team has next season, I am going to guess 42

Comment

Originally posted by pitnlala View Post

Call me more skeptical on his hiring than anything else that was done to the coaching staff/front office this off season.
          Cant be worse than Slowik and his 10 yard press coverage on 3rd and short can it?

Comment

Wow, if I had a monocle it would of shattered. I forgot he was even alive.

Comment

Originally posted by nathan16 View Post
              Cant be worse than Slowik and his 10 yard press coverage on 3rd and short can it?
              I dont think it can get much worse...but is that what we're shooting for now? I fully expect Nolan to be gone in a couple years, and we'll be running in yet another deffensive coordinator and scheme.

And does anyone else think Nolan may be watching this whole mess with a different set of interests? Namely, if McD falls flat on his face and the D does improve, who will be considered to replace Hoodie Jr?

Now I'm pissed at myself for even considering the thought of Nolan trying to pick up the pieces as the new HC if McD fails. One more thing to worry about. :doh:

Comment

Can it possibly be worse than the last two defensive coordinators we've had?
                I hope not
                sigpic
                I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

I'm excited about him. He's a former head coach who knows how to game plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos Al View Post
                    After Bob Slowik, i would be excited to have a blind dog with three legs coaching the defense, so yes, im very excited.

Comment

The only thing that worries me is the 3-4 that he's bringing. With a 3-4 you need 1 great NT. And 2 good DTs. This we dont have yet. But with 2 firsts 1 second and 2 thirds in the draft who knows. We have good back ups that is a must for the 3-4 to work but we must address oue starters. Cause with no pressure on the QB were going from no run D to a no pass D also then its all bad.
                      Albert

Comment

Originally posted by pitnlala View Post

Baltmore defense 2001: ranked 22nd; 2002: 3rd; 2003: 6th

You were saying?
                        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                        You Mad Bro?
                        Don’t Be A Mean Girl
                        Hell No!!! To the Texans Quarterback!!!

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                          Baltmore defense 2001: ranked 22nd; 2002: 3rd; 2003: 6th

You were saying?
                          He cant talk right now, his foot is in his mouth.

Comment

Honestly i do not trust him, but i will give him a chance.
                            Humm....

Comment

I'm thrilled about the Nolan hiring, more so than pretty much anything else this off season. We finally have a DC with a proven track record. He may have fell flat on his face as a HC, but he took it like a man, and I like that about him. He's going to hold everybody on defense accountable, especially himself. He's not going to point fingers and make excuses for people like Slowik did. I've never seen anybody look so comfortable and content with their defense giving up 30 points a game.

Comment

Working...
                              X