Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stop assuming that this 'system' will turn us around...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jhns View Post
    Why do we make stuff up to bash the Broncos?

The Broncos were 11th in OFFENSIVE scoring.

The Chiefs were 25th.......

How exactly did they score one point more?
    Then why did they struggle to score points against teams like Tampa Bay and Kansas City?

Why did they get virtually shut out in the second half of the Buffalo game when a playoff spot was on the line?

Really, some of you need a reality check, because the Broncos offense had alot of flaws, and was NOT one of the elite units in the NFL...far from it.

Comment

Originally posted by MindField View Post
      Then why did they struggle to score points against teams like Tampa Bay and Kansas City?

Why did they get virtually shut out in the second half of the Buffalo game when a playoff spot was on the line?

Really, some of you need a reality check, because the Broncos offense had alot of flaws, and was NOT one of the elite units in the NFL...far from it.
      2nd in yards, 11th in scoring. That pretty much says our offense was elite and had to work with the worst field position and defense in the league. Just think if we had an actual threat at RB.

Again, the defense IS going to be better this year, so you are saying we are now guaranteed the playoffs because we have Orton? You have to be confident. I'm pretty sure he is going to have a more stable run game and better defense.

Comment

You people trying to argue that Jay isn't good are not looking to smart right now. You are just sitting here trying to convince everyone you are smarter than the NFL GMs and coaches that are currently getting paid by teams. I mean, the bidding started at 2 first round picks. There were a reported 10 teams that at least showed some interest after the starting point was announced. Jay went for 2 firsts, a 3rd, and a starting QB with a 5th going with Jay.

I would say that shows people in the NFL are on my side of this argument. I know some of you think you are smarter than them, but now think about how they get to actually review game tape and such. They get to actually see who was at fault for things and what good/bad each player does. Those teams also are not the Broncos and had no reason to show bias when they were saying they think Cutler is good.

Comment

Because Brady and everyone else that is a good QB doesn't lose any games at all. A third year QB should never have a bad game. The fact that he had no run game and the youth around him was making mistakes is not a factor either. You are right mind. It was all Jay. So you are saying we are going to the playoffs this season now that we have a winner like Orton?
          Cutler couldn't win games against teams with good defenses. Look at the schedule and see how we frared against Carolina, Jax, etc... See how many points we scrored against them
          Cutler still have some issues reading defenses. I've been saying this all year long. The guys has problems against sophisticated defensive line-ups
          He did cost us games via INT's in the redzone and end zone. That you can't argue against...
          sigpic
          I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

Why do we make stuff up to bash the Broncos?

The Broncos were 11th in OFFENSIVE scoring.

The Chiefs were 25th.......

How exactly did they score one point more?

Edit: Here is what I am going off of, you can check the math if you like: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...6&postcount=26
            This has been stated a thousand times. Nobody wants to hear it because it doesn't support the fact that Jay Cutler sucks, which is the popular position to have these days.

After last season ended, I was left with the thought that we overachieved considering the youth and inexperience on our team and the number of injuries. No matter what has happened this off season, I'm not going to change my opinion on it.

Why are people comparing our offense to the 2007 Patriots? Seriously? We had so many young guys, which will translate into MISTAKES. We were not perfect, but I thought we were going somewhere. Shanny just couldn't attract a good DC because of the history over the last few years. That could have been the key to our success. I know, coulda, shoulda, woulda... oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by tsiguy96 View Post

we could have a better year than last year for sure.
              hilarious! This guy should do stand-up
              http://timtebowtime.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by dragster69 View Post
                Cutler couldn't win games against teams with good defenses. Look at the schedule and see how we frared against Carolina, Jax, etc... See how many points we scrored against them
                Cutler still have some issues reading defenses. I've been saying this all year long. The guys has problems against sophisticated defensive line-ups
                He did cost us games via INT's in the redzone and end zone. That you can't argue against...
                His best game was in the opener against a bad Oakland team, and got worse from there.

He had a great game against Cleveland, but beyond that, was anything but spectacular.

He got lucky with the Hoculi call, because it would have been HIS turnover that cost the Broncos that game.

The Broncos scored 20 pts by halftime against New Orleans, then struggled in the second half...same deal in the Buffalo game.

They had to really claw their way to wins against a bad KC team at home, as well as the Tampa game.

When the defense did play relatively well, as they did in the Miami game, the offense came up short.

Basically Jay Cutler had a very good September and early October, which was also part of the Shanahan MO. When the games got tougher as the season went along, and the weather got worse, the offense played extremley average.

But you know, there are always those with an agenda...
                Last edited by MindField; 04-14-2009, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Really? Why don't you show us that number drag?

Comment

Yes, our O looked a little flat in the second half of the game, but our defense allowed 20 points in the second half. I don't think jhns is saying they were flawless, but they were pretty darned good with a bright future.

Comment

His best game was in the opener against a bad Oakland team, and got worse from there.

He had a great game against Cleveland, but beyond that, was anything but spectacular.

But you know, there are always those with an agenda...
                      He only had 2 good games but got 4550 yards and 25 TD's? Those must have been two of the best games to ever be played by a QB. Especially considering that yardage is something like 18th all time.

Comment

"Cutler" couldn't win games? Since when did football become a one-man sport? I'm tired of the useless rants and stats about QB record and QB wins/losses. It's a team sport: the team couldn't win games against other good teams. McDaniels is an idiot and he keeps defending his idiotic moves with that individual win/loss stat.

And just FYI, I was at the Jax game and we had all the momentum with Cutler driving down the field for a second touchdown. You remember what happened in the red zone: Cutler hits Marshall and Marshall fumbles on the 5 yard line. Cutler was the reason we were in that game.

Comment

Originally posted by acpell671 View Post
                          Yes, our O looked a little flat in the second half of the game, but our defense allowed 20 points in the second half. I don't think jhns is saying they were flawless, but they were pretty darned good with a bright future.
                          Exactly. Also look at the other huge factor, other than the defense getting worse. We started getting more and more flat on O as the RBs kept going down.

Again, why are you guys trying to say you are smarter than all the NFL GM's and coaches? Those guys aren't saying Jay is bad. In fact, 2 firsts, a third, and a starting QB say the exact opposite.

Also, you guys do realize you are bashing all of the offense and not just Jay? Then these same people want to argue that the offense can carry Orton? How does that make sense to you?

Comment

Really? Why don't you show us that number drag?
                            The stat is Jay had 20 out of 30 turnovers directly attributed to him. Would have been 21 except for the ref. Look up where we ranked in turnovers, that is not spectacular regardless of the spin you try to put on it.

Comment

Originally posted by oldster View Post
                              The stat is Jay had 20 out of 30 turnovers directly attributed to him. Would have been 21 except for the ref. Look up where we ranked in turnovers, that is not spectacular regardless of the spin you try to put on it.
                              I said show me the red zone INT's that he kept throwing. We all know his total turnover numbers. I want someone to verify this claim that he always messed up in the red zone. To me, it seemed like he messed up on his own side of the field 90% of the time. So what are the red zone stats.

Also, some of those 20 are not to him. Like the couple times the receivers ran the wrong routes and cut the wrong way. If you want to make excuses on why he should have had more, why can't you do it the other way?

Comment

I'm sorry, so what is your point? Are you implying that an Orton led offense is an upgrade from last year? What "flaws" did the Broncos offense have that are now fixed??? If you are implying that Cutler was the flaw and Orton is the answer, then you are the one who needs a reality check.

Watch what Orton does with the horrible field position our ST and D will put us in. And then watch what Cutler does with a short field in Chicago.

I can't believe the Broncos organization (McDaniels) is bring up stats about a 16th ranked scoring offense when the most telling stat is that our defense only accomplished 11 turnovers ALL year. Imagine that...a team that goes 8-8 with one of the worst defenses in the history of the league.

Comment

Working...
                                X