Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowlen happy with Cutler trade

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html
    DENVER (AP) -- Denver Broncos owner Pat Bowlen said he's pleased with the trade that sent Pro Bowl quarterback Jay Cutler to the Chicago Bears and that both sides got what they wanted.

"We're happy with where we're at," Bowlen told The Associated Press on Tuesday night. "I'm happy for Jay. I think he's going to a good organization."

The Broncos dealt Cutler and a fifth-round draft pick to the Bears on April 2 for quarterback Kyle Orton, two first-round draft picks and a third-rounder, ending a six-week feud that began when Cutler decided he didn't want to play for new coach Josh McDaniels.

"He didn't want to be in Denver. He made that clear," Bowlen said. "He's going on with his career, and we're going on with our team."

Very classy statement by Bowlen:salute!:

I wish Cutler the best, but i think he is in for a rude awakening with that receiving core and o-line
    :go:

Comment

Wait, Cutler was traded?!! No way!

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
        Very classy statement by Bowlen:salute!:

I wish Cutler the best, but i think he is in for a rude awakening with that receiving core and o-line
        :go:
        Absolutely I think these bears fans are in for what you call a "rude awakening" Once jay gets through about 5 or 6 games he's gonna have that stupid spicolli look on his face. Like "Whohh Man I really had it pretty knarly in denver whohhh man y know!!
        sigpic

Raiders @ Broncos 9-30-12

Comment

Originally posted by brianke2
          YOU may be happy Pat Bowlen, but you have alienated a good portion of Broncos fans, including me.
          I'm sure he's devastated. All you can do is support the staff we have. If McD happens to get this organization winning again all of the McD haters will be here kissing his feet saying they jumped to conclusions because the season hadn't started, but if he struggles to do so they'll all come here claiming to be some kind of prophet and never stop talking about how they called him failing before the season ever started.
          Last edited by BroncFanIN; 04-15-2009, 08:15 AM.

Comment

i guarantee bowlen will not be singing the same tune if cutler turns out to be all that we thought he was and leads the bears to superbowls, and mcd wastes the two picks on busts, while we realize orton sucks, and is not half the talent cutler was and in a couple years our team is worse off then ever before
            sigpic
            when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Bowlen might not care, but I've lost my team to the Patriots Beta 2.0!!!!!!

It is a sad year indeed.

Comment

Here! I'll Translate For You!

DENVER (AP) -- Denver Broncos owner Pat Bowlen said he's pleased with the trade that sent Pro Bowl quarterback Jay Cutler to the Chicago Bears and that both sides got what they wanted.

"We're happy with where we're at," Bowlen told The Associated Press on Tuesday night. "I'm happy for Jay. I think he's going to a good organization."
                After a bitter divorce suit, the husband said "I'm really happy for my ex-wife! We both got what we wanted! She's happy with that new millionaire in Tahiti she met while competing in the Hawaiian Tropic Bikini contest, and I met this really sweet girl with the hair-lip! I really couldn't be more pleased with how this turned out!"

The Broncos dealt Cutler and a fifth-round draft pick to the Bears on April 2 for quarterback Kyle Orton, two first-round draft picks and a third-rounder, ending a six-week feud that began when Cutler decided he didn't want to play for new coach Josh McDaniels.

"He didn't want to be in Denver. He made that clear," Bowlen said. "He's going on with his career, and we're going on with our team."
                "I can't stand how he beat us like a rented mule! He decided he wanted a trade and forced us to trade him! That makes me look like an ass-hat! Now if he takes the Bears to the playoffs while McDaniels chokes in Denver we look like total fools for trying to trade him in the first place!

I am not a happy man but I'm going to lie my ass off and pretend like hell that this all turned out the way I hoped!"
                Last edited by Cugel; 04-14-2009, 09:43 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MNBroncs85 View Post
                  Absolutely I think these bears fans are in for what you call a "rude awakening" Once jay gets through about 5 or 6 games he's gonna have that stupid spicolli look on his face. Like "Whohh Man I really had it pretty knarly in denver whohhh man y know!!
                  Maybe you didn't see any of Cutlers games at Vandy. You don't know who he is at all.

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho View Post
                    i guarantee bowlen will not be singing the same tune if cutler turns out to be all that we thought he was and leads the bears to superbowls, and mcd wastes the two picks on busts, while we realize orton sucks, and is not half the talent cutler was and in a couple years our team is worse off then ever before
                    gaurantee you hes 10x more happy if jay busts in chicago because he cant handle the media and pressure of being the savior of QBs there, with no oline or WR to boot, while we draft pro bowlers with the picks we got from chicago and get to the super bowl with orton underway.

goes both ways.
                    sig pic removed by mod staff.
                    we do not allow site advertising.

Comment

Originally posted by 22cannon View Post
                      Maybe you didn't see any of Cutlers games at Vandy. You don't know who he is at all.
                      True true bro! I didn't really know cutler before he came to denver. Wish I would of known him a lot more before he came to denver! Cuz you know what sucks he would of been the next john elway in denver. But going to chicago he'll just be another LOSER!!!!
                      sigpic

Raiders @ Broncos 9-30-12

Comment

Back up the Cutler Hater Bus.

I will be first in line to admit I loved Jay. I loved where we were headed.

Recent events has obviously thrown him under that bus and now we all hate him.

Let's review one thing for sure and that's the fact he did make pro-bowl status in his young career.

I'm one of those that has his heart so ripped apart by this whole thing but we move on.

I do think Jay will help the Bears and their fans love it. We in turn will also be happy with the transpires in the long term.

:2cents:
                        :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brianke2
                          YOU may be happy Pat Bowlen, but you have alienated a good portion of Broncos fans, including me.

The best thing you can do now is fire McDufus.
                          Brilliant!
                          What kind of stupid comment is that?
                          Fire the coach?
                          He's just hired the guy. Why would he have to fire him?
                          sigpic
                          I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

Bowlen's statement proofes that the relationship between Cutler and the Broncos was really broken ("He didn't want to be in Denver. He made that clear"). Obviously one party was so annoyed that they could not discuss these issues and get it solved. Therefore I think the trade was the right decision... it's absolut useless to keep players that have no positive emotions for the team they play with. The way Cutler behaved in all of this mess just made me think: 'Oh my, if this goes on between Cutler and McD and both are pi$$ed at each other for the rest of the year, the next season is going to be a mess'.
                            Cutler is a diva and he would've not get back to a professional level where he just played for the Broncos despite the fact that he has some issues with McD. Therefore it would've made no sense to keep him, I guess Bowlen realized and said 'yes' to a trade.

Well, we'll see how Cutler will do in Chicago. I think he's going to have a hard time there, their O-Line is not impressive and that will put Cutler under a pressure in the pocket that he didn't have in Denver... and we all know that Cutler loves to make stupid decisions when he's under pressure. If he can't avoid those stupid decisions, he will not be much better than in Denver.

Let's just wait and see what Cutler does in Chicago and what the Broncos will do with the two first rounders... after the last months I'm not expecting anything, I mean if they'd pick a WR and a RB with the two first rounders I wouldn't be surprised anymore because the Denver FO is making one surprising decision after the other... heck, maybe we'll trade both first rounders to the Jaguars for their mascot. I mean, I will not try to predict any of the next decisions made by McD and Bowlen.
                            I HOPE that Cutler will not be the great saviour for Chicago (9-7 or something like that) and that we draft two Pro Bowlers with the First Round picks, BUT: I'm not that confident... maybe Cutler will turn the Bears into Superbowl contenders and we draft two overhyped guys that turn out to be total busts... I don't know... we'll find out.
                            sigpic

BRING BACK ORANGE!!

Comment

Originally posted by brianke2 View Post
                              Bowlen might not care, but I've lost my team to the Patriots Beta 2.0!!!!!!

It is a sad year indeed.
                              No you haven't. You can go and adopt the Bears. Go and follow Cutler over there. The Bears is your new team, not the Broncos, I hope...
                              sigpic
                              I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

Working...
                              X