Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bowlen happy with Cutler trade

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by jhns View Post
    I don't claim to know how the season is going to go. I do know that it would have gone better with Cutler. If we go 18-1, we would have been 19-0 with Cutler. It is just the facts. Sorry if you can't handle them.

    Also, I would get a job as an analyst but I am right most of the time. They don't want people that are right even a fraction of the time because it wouldn't create as much controversy and uproar when they say stuff. In other words, I'm to smart to be an analyst. I am just sorting through all the NFL GM offers I have gotten lately, I think I will decide on which team I want to run soon. We can't rush these things though.
    I love your spirit even though I personally think you are a dildo.

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by jhns View Post
      Lets start with the fact that the FG's are not Cutlers fault. Our FG kicked missed a lot last season. Maybe Chicagos did as well and this rant means nothing. But seriously, Cutler put us in position for a lot more FG's than we had. Toward the end of the season we started going for it on some 4th downs because they didn't trust the FG kicker.

      Aside from that, check the field position. We drove the furthest per drive out of any offense in the league. Do you really think Chicago would have scored even as much as they did if they had to go a lot further every time?
      You mean the turnovers in the red zone and the end zone?
      Why would you overlook such an important fact?
      sigpic
      I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by dragster69 View Post
        You mean the turnovers in the red zone and the end zone?
        Why would you overlook such an important fact?
        What, like 4?

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by jhns View Post
          What, like 4?
          I believe there was a lot more than 4 int's combined; redzone/endzone. Believe me
          sigpic
          I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by dragster69 View Post
            You mean the turnovers in the red zone and the end zone?
            Why would you overlook such an important fact?
            Chicago had a WAY better special better than the Broncos. Awesome field position because of Daniel Manning and Devin Hester.

            The reason why Cutler forced the ball so many times, was because he didnt know if the 7 deficiet at the time would turn into 14 point deficient if they didnt score on the drive.

            His stats will probably go down in Chicago, but his wins will go up because he will finally have a good defense backing him up. Similar who what Kyle Orton did. In no way are they the same QB's but Orton was saved in Chicago beause of the Defense. Orton couldnt even beat out Rex Gross man until this last year.
            Go Broncos!!!

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by dragster69 View Post
              I believe there was a lot more than 4 int's combined; redzone/endzone. Believe me
              26 tds and 5 picks in the red zone so if one is alot then i guess your right
              My friends over at Sports Radio Interviews sent me a link to an interview Pat Bowlen did with a Chicago-area radio station. While there is nothing earth-shattering here. Below is a segment of the transcript -

              What are the Bears getting in Jay Cutler?

              “They’re getting an extremely talented young quarterback.”


              Some one Please name me the last successful NFL QB that had to be taught how to throw the ball correctly.

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by Rockies3384 View Post
                Chicago had a WAY better special better than the Broncos. Awesome field position because of Daniel Manning and Devin Hester.

                The reason why Cutler forced the ball so many times, was because he didnt know if the 7 deficiet at the time would turn into 14 point deficient if they didnt score on the drive.

                His stats will probably go down in Chicago, but his wins will go up because he will finally have a good defense backing him up. Similar who what Kyle Orton did. In no way are they the same QB's but Orton was saved in Chicago beause of the Defense. Orton couldnt even beat out Rex Gross man until this last year.
                Bingo! Cutler had to take a lot of chances, especially in the red zone because he knew the defense couldn't protect a lead. Even when Denver was up 14 or 17 points, I was nervous that they wouldn't hold on.

                Remember the good years, when once we built a lead, the D protected it and all Elway had to do was give the ball to TD in the second half and we knew it was a W. The last two seasons Cutler didn't have that luxury.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by it'sjustagame View Post
                  26 tds and 5 picks in the red zone so if one is alot then i guess your right
                  Back in early January, it was reported 11's total interceptions combined in the redzone/endzone
                  Oh, and Cutler only threw for 25 td's, not 26. Your source appears to be not reliable...
                  sigpic
                  I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by Rockies3384 View Post

                    His stats will probably go down in Chicago, but his wins will go up because he will finally have a good defense backing him up. Similar who what Kyle Orton did. In no way are they the same QB's but Orton was saved in Chicago beause of the Defense. Orton couldnt even beat out Rex Gross man until this last year.
                    Hmmmm, I guess 21st is better than 29th in defense.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by dragster69 View Post
                      I believe there was a lot more than 4 int's combined; redzone/endzone. Believe me
                      He had 13 total picks between the red zone and inside his own 20. The breakdown was 7 & 6, can't remember which was which, so he had to have minimum of 6 in the red zone.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by oldster View Post
                        Hmmmm, I guess 21st is better than 29th in defense.
                        Chicago was one bad 1/2 against Houston from being a wild card team, and they had a winning record. We were one game away from making the playoffs at 8-8, and we realistically we should have never beat SD, But thats a whole other subject.

                        Chicago lost to Atlanta last year, because a corner read the play wrong with 10 seconds left, another game they should have won.

                        Chicago's D stopped Philly 4x's at the goaline. I dont remember out Defense doing that.

                        I'm suprised our defense was ranked 29th.. I will give them this though... Our Scheme was horrible, and we had not safeties. Maybe just maybe we had a few bad apples on defense (I dont think bly was one of them), but with a new scheme and a few new players maybe we will be ranked 21st.

                        Just a thought...
                        Go Broncos!!!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Rockies3384 View Post
                          Chicago was one bad 1/2 against Houston from being a wild card team, and they had a winning record. We were one game away from making the playoffs at 8-8, and we realistically we should have never beat SD, But thats a whole other subject.

                          Chicago lost to Atlanta last year, because a corner read the play wrong with 10 seconds left, another game they should have won.

                          Chicago's D stopped Philly 4x's at the goaline. I dont remember out Defense doing that.

                          I'm suprised our defense was ranked 29th.. I will give them this though... Our Scheme was horrible, and we had not safeties. Maybe just maybe we had a few bad apples on defense (I dont think bly was one of them), but with a new scheme and a few new players maybe we will be ranked 21st.

                          Just a thought...
                          FYI, the defensive rankings are based on the stats over 16 games. Regardless of your spin they had a defense that was at the bottom of mediocre hence your original statement was not valid. The had a better defense than Denver but certainly not a good one.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by oldster View Post
                            He had 13 total picks between the red zone and inside his own 20. The breakdown was 7 & 6, can't remember which was which, so he had to have minimum of 6 in the red zone.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Apoc13 View Post
                              Oops, thanks for the correction. I just noticed something else, I thought Jay's int. total was 18, count those??????

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by oldster View Post
                                Oops, thanks for the correction. I just noticed something else, I thought Jay's int. total was 18, count those??????
                                because some of the totals overlap.....19-1 yardline also includes the 9 to goal line stats

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X