X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apoc13
    replied
    Originally posted by oldster View Post
    That doesn't compute, I would think it is from where the ball is thrown?
    huh? you mean from where the qb is standing?

the stats listed use 19-1 yard line and 9 to goal line....if a td is thrown from the 8, it's included in both stats

i'm not sure what you're asking

Leave a comment:

• oldster
    replied
    Originally posted by Apoc13 View Post
    because some of the totals overlap.....19-1 yardline also includes the 9 to goal line stats
    That doesn't compute, I would think it is from where the ball is thrown?

Leave a comment:

• Apoc13
    replied
    Oops, thanks for the correction. I just noticed something else, I thought Jay's int. total was 18, count those??????
    because some of the totals overlap.....19-1 yardline also includes the 9 to goal line stats

Leave a comment:

• oldster
    replied
    Originally posted by Apoc13 View Post
    Oops, thanks for the correction. I just noticed something else, I thought Jay's int. total was 18, count those??????

Leave a comment:

• Apoc13
    replied
    He had 13 total picks between the red zone and inside his own 20. The breakdown was 7 & 6, can't remember which was which, so he had to have minimum of 6 in the red zone.

Leave a comment:

• oldster
    replied
    Originally posted by Rockies3384 View Post
    Chicago was one bad 1/2 against Houston from being a wild card team, and they had a winning record. We were one game away from making the playoffs at 8-8, and we realistically we should have never beat SD, But thats a whole other subject.

Chicago lost to Atlanta last year, because a corner read the play wrong with 10 seconds left, another game they should have won.

Chicago's D stopped Philly 4x's at the goaline. I dont remember out Defense doing that.

I'm suprised our defense was ranked 29th.. I will give them this though... Our Scheme was horrible, and we had not safeties. Maybe just maybe we had a few bad apples on defense (I dont think bly was one of them), but with a new scheme and a few new players maybe we will be ranked 21st.

Just a thought...
    FYI, the defensive rankings are based on the stats over 16 games. Regardless of your spin they had a defense that was at the bottom of mediocre hence your original statement was not valid. The had a better defense than Denver but certainly not a good one.

Leave a comment:

• Rockies3384
    replied
    Hmmmm, I guess 21st is better than 29th in defense.
    Chicago was one bad 1/2 against Houston from being a wild card team, and they had a winning record. We were one game away from making the playoffs at 8-8, and we realistically we should have never beat SD, But thats a whole other subject.

Chicago lost to Atlanta last year, because a corner read the play wrong with 10 seconds left, another game they should have won.

Chicago's D stopped Philly 4x's at the goaline. I dont remember out Defense doing that.

I'm suprised our defense was ranked 29th.. I will give them this though... Our Scheme was horrible, and we had not safeties. Maybe just maybe we had a few bad apples on defense (I dont think bly was one of them), but with a new scheme and a few new players maybe we will be ranked 21st.

Just a thought...

Leave a comment:

• oldster
    replied
    Originally posted by dragster69 View Post
    I believe there was a lot more than 4 int's combined; redzone/endzone. Believe me
    He had 13 total picks between the red zone and inside his own 20. The breakdown was 7 & 6, can't remember which was which, so he had to have minimum of 6 in the red zone.

Leave a comment:

• oldster
    replied

His stats will probably go down in Chicago, but his wins will go up because he will finally have a good defense backing him up. Similar who what Kyle Orton did. In no way are they the same QB's but Orton was saved in Chicago beause of the Defense. Orton couldnt even beat out Rex Gross man until this last year.
    Hmmmm, I guess 21st is better than 29th in defense.

Leave a comment:

• dragster69
    replied
    Originally posted by it'sjustagame View Post
    26 tds and 5 picks in the red zone so if one is alot then i guess your right
    Back in early January, it was reported 11's total interceptions combined in the redzone/endzone
    Oh, and Cutler only threw for 25 td's, not 26. Your source appears to be not reliable...

Leave a comment:

• 80stheman
    replied
    Chicago had a WAY better special better than the Broncos. Awesome field position because of Daniel Manning and Devin Hester.

The reason why Cutler forced the ball so many times, was because he didnt know if the 7 deficiet at the time would turn into 14 point deficient if they didnt score on the drive.

His stats will probably go down in Chicago, but his wins will go up because he will finally have a good defense backing him up. Similar who what Kyle Orton did. In no way are they the same QB's but Orton was saved in Chicago beause of the Defense. Orton couldnt even beat out Rex Gross man until this last year.
    Bingo! Cutler had to take a lot of chances, especially in the red zone because he knew the defense couldn't protect a lead. Even when Denver was up 14 or 17 points, I was nervous that they wouldn't hold on.

Remember the good years, when once we built a lead, the D protected it and all Elway had to do was give the ball to TD in the second half and we knew it was a W. The last two seasons Cutler didn't have that luxury.

Leave a comment:

• it'sjustagame
    replied
    I believe there was a lot more than 4 int's combined; redzone/endzone. Believe me
    26 tds and 5 picks in the red zone so if one is alot then i guess your right

Leave a comment:

• Rockies3384
    replied
    You mean the turnovers in the red zone and the end zone?
    Why would you overlook such an important fact?
    Chicago had a WAY better special better than the Broncos. Awesome field position because of Daniel Manning and Devin Hester.

The reason why Cutler forced the ball so many times, was because he didnt know if the 7 deficiet at the time would turn into 14 point deficient if they didnt score on the drive.

Leave a comment:

• dragster69
    replied
    Originally posted by jhns View Post
    What, like 4?

Leave a comment:

• jhns
    replied
    You mean the turnovers in the red zone and the end zone?
    Why would you overlook such an important fact?
    What, like 4?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X